Login

russian armor

new map i made 1v1 or 2v2

6 Nov 2022, 21:14 PM

This is the most i have ever spent on detail. I took crossroads into mind when making this map.
I have only completed on side of the map, lol, very time consuming. I plan to mirror it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B_AfSBHtwU
6 Nov 2022, 22:53 PM

6 Nov 2022, 23:38 PM

I think im just goin to cutoff one fuel and one point rather than the entire map. Fortunately moving these points are easy to do and Voronoi ran again if needed
https://ibb.co/tDKG2Yz
7 Nov 2022, 17:09 PM
Donator 22

new maps? great!
I looks a bit like every player will easily have his VP, his Muni (20+ really?) and his fuel.
So there will mostly be a constand fight about the middle.
I think it will help to move all of that a bit more away from the bases. So you can really go for the opposing fuel, ammo, VP...
again: new maps? great!
8 Nov 2022, 21:14 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Hey mate, nice work! There are some questions I have and some advice, too.

Are you looking to make this a competitive map? If so, A_E created some good guidelines for high tier competitive maps. Of course, you can disregard the "no rural maps" bit as that was specific for the competition, but these are some guidelines to take from other maps.

With that in mind, be sure to adjust your munition points to territory_munition_mp (or something like that). The suffix "mp" denotes the territory points with the proper values that are for multiplayer competitive play.

The rest of my advice is to take inspiration from other maps and utilize the stamp tool. I found this very useful for objects that I found in other maps that I just couldn't find in any of the directories. The forums here are a treasure trove of resources, too. From tip of the week posts to the steps for creating your own coh2-style minimap. MonolithicBacon's and 0nkelSam's WB guides on YouTube were very helpful for me.

Finally, if you want to have a preview image in the Steam Workshop, be sure to revert to the 32-bit version of the game and publish or update your map then. For some reason, the 64-bit version has this bug that prevents a preview image from being shown.

It will take some time, but if you're planning on sticking to CoH2 for a while or just want to prepare yourself for the CoH3 World Builder, it's very rewarding to invest time learning coh2's WB! My very first map was this muddly mess but my second attempt turned out pretty good!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★