Login

russian armor

How's the game now?

21 Nov 2013, 04:54 AM

I quitted the game in August because I don't have infinite gaming time as "student" anymore, also was tired of fast Soviet T3 and weak Ostheer AT power. I can fuck up M8 in COH1 easily but can't even deal with T70 with Pak and Screck :(

I planned to play it again before Christmas. So how is the game now?
Is it more playable? Or just the DLC crap breaking the game again?

What is the biggest change since August?
21 Nov 2013, 05:05 AM

Posting here you will get a lot of negative and hateful comments.

If you want to find out, just fire it up and give it a go.
21 Nov 2013, 05:17 AM

So basically is it unplayable if you don't buy the new doctrine?

And how is assgren now?
The Luftwaffe doc sounds something like Airborne of US, and sounds quite okay.
But the elite one looks like breaking the game severely
21 Nov 2013, 05:51 AM

Agrens are balanced now, very easy to deal with. They fixed construction time of T1 and T2 for soviets, so you can actually use scout cars, penals, and support weapons very early. They completely fixed veterancy now also.

Luftwaffe Doctrine and Partisan Doctrine are fine, only elite and industry are broken.
21 Nov 2013, 05:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 05:17 AMPorygon

So basically is it unplayable if you don't buy the new doctrine?

And how is assgren now?
The Luftwaffe doc sounds something like Airborne of US, and sounds quite okay.
But the elite one looks like breaking the game severely

right now there are 2 doctrines that are considered OP the Tiger Ace doctrine and Soviet industry one. the others from what i can tell appear fine for the most part.

also you missed end of world event last patch. :D
21 Nov 2013, 05:58 AM

I quit playing too and I wont start it up again until they get rid of the pay 2 win system (never)
21 Nov 2013, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 05:53 AMWiFiDi

right now there are 2 doctrines that are considered OP the Tiger Ace doctrine and Soviet industry one. the others from what i can tell appear fine for the most part.

also you missed end of world event last patch. :D

Would you mine telling me what's happen? :)
21 Nov 2013, 06:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

probably best to judge for yourself but lots of QQ about those 2 commanders.
21 Nov 2013, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 06:14 AMPorygon

Would you mine telling me what's happen? :)

As far as the doctrines go. Soviet industry gives you a bonus in fuel for less manpower. Which is fine, except it can be activated at 0cp and you can basically get out T70s 5 min into the game if you rush them, which is way too early.

Elite doctrine has two problems. One is that they can buy a vet boost for their unit and the price is a bit cheap for what you get out of it. The other is the tiger ace, essentially a super tiger that takes half damage and does double damage. the thing is this thing is free at any point after 7cp with the downside that you get absolutely no resources afterwards. Unfortunately if the game is anywhere near close, there usually isn't any afterwards.

21 Nov 2013, 06:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

As far as the doctrines go. Soviet industry gives you a bonus in fuel for less manpower. Which is fine, except it can be activated at 0cp and you can basically get out T70s 5 min into the game if you rush them, which is way too early.

Elite doctrine has two problems. One is that they can buy a vet boost for their unit and the price is a bit cheap. The other is the tiger ace, essentially s super tiger that takes half damage and does double damage. the thing is this thing is free at any point after 7cp with the downside that you get absolutely no resources afterwards. Unfortunately if the game is anywhere near close, there usually isn't any afterwards.

that sums it up better than i thought i could. as far as the patch itself (balance changes) goes it was a nice step forward.
21 Nov 2013, 09:24 AM

I'm actually finding the soviet defence doc to be OP as well (playing as and against).

Every soviet seems to play it now in 1v1, and as long as the map isn't too large, 0 CP heavy machine gun combined with conscripts, is virtually impossible to beat early on.
21 Nov 2013, 09:56 AM

Hey Porygon,

Yeah if you hated the T70 that much if you come back to the game I highly suggest you only play as Soviets to avoid it. It is beatable but a lot of people abuse it. I manage to beat it a fair bit with good shreck/pak ambushes with building usage but it is punishing if you make one mistake. My Ostheer rank has increased from 250 to 50 in this patch so it ain't all bad.

Asides from the 2 recent OP DLC commanders than game is actually really fun to play when you get a non-abusing opponent.
21 Nov 2013, 10:07 AM

I'm actually finding the soviet defence doc to be OP as well (playing as and against).

Every soviet seems to play it now in 1v1, and as long as the map isn't too large, 0 CP heavy machine gun combined with conscripts, is virtually impossible to beat early on.

with the increased MP at start and reduced build time, you're better off getting T2 as soon as the game starts

playing against it, go mortar

conscript/grenadier +mg+mortar works well together, just keep them together so the mg can do its job

last patch definitely made 3v3, 4v4 more enjoyable as soviets, still have to prepare well for the inevitable endgame tankrush from the germans, thats where going T2 comes in handy for the Zis
21 Nov 2013, 10:46 AM

Yes mortar is correct counter, but having to get one so early puts you on the defensive, and doesnt counter it really fast while they move the HMG about a lot.

You need to get out your base FAST to not get rolled by T3, and that can be quite hard vs 0 CP heavy HMG and con backup.
21 Nov 2013, 10:59 AM

Alright I switch off my OSX and give it a try now, thanks :)

Anyone knows if COH2 can run in OSX?
21 Nov 2013, 13:35 PM

I wish they would hurry up and balance some of the new stuff a bit.

I dont enjoy winning with Sov Defence much, I hate being beaten by it.

Its horrible getting rolled by Tiger Ace in a game you dominated, although I do enjoy doing it myself lol.

I dont enjoy playing Industry, but I hate facing it if it means getting T70 rushed to death.

21 Nov 2013, 14:38 PM

I wish they would hurry up and balance some of the new stuff a bit.

I dont enjoy winning with Sov Defence much, I hate being beaten by it.

Its horrible getting rolled by Tiger Ace in a game you dominated, although I do enjoy doing it myself lol.

I dont enjoy playing Industry, but I hate facing it if it means getting T70 rushed to death.

i had written the same thing but i lost my post to bad connection. its the same thing for me. i acually unistalled the game. because of it. im not willing to wait 5 years for this game to get good. a shame. i might install it again though its the only strategy game i like because it also include tactics.

also is that the commander business model wont change that. this is a proper games workshop approach. you release an army book with new models and updated rules that makes the current newest army stronger. forcing players to buy those new models and win games. the new commanders will always be stronger than the current ones to encourage sales. and this only makes me feel like they think i am a fucking 12 year old power hungry boy.
21 Nov 2013, 14:47 PM

you are getting negative and hateful comments for a very good reason
21 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

How is the game?

The single player campaign, ToW, and AI battles are solid and complete. YMMV as far as replayability goes.

Multiplayer should probably be officially declared an ongoing beta-test to offset an increasingly frustrated community. People probably wouldn't be so sensitive with the money they spent as beta tests preclude a notion of hope that the game will eventually feel finished and complete. Or at least not broken.
22 Nov 2013, 00:11 AM

Its good...Not great, but good. I have fun at times. I also get real frustrated with things that should not exist in an RTS today (input lag, pathing, a replay system that totally blows, patches that break other things, etc..) I would recommend coming back and checking things out. Play a little and decide on the DLC you want.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★