Login

russian armor

soviet defensive commander MG

25 Nov 2013, 13:02 PM

Permanently Banned

It's been over two weeks. I wouldn't really call anything they do at this point quick.

bCs been testing them in streamed ladder matches.

People poopooed him for using what are community-wise considered broken and OP Commanders vs the general populace, but my viewing of the matches indicated to me he had a deliberate purpose.

He wasnt leveraging the Commanders for wins, he was almost deliberately losing units and setting up engsgements testing purposes.

Say what you will of bC, but he is a VERY good player. He could have easily steamrolled, especially with these Commanders, but he didnt. He was clearly testing how things play out in specific scenarios as related to these Commanders in a live population setting vs random players rather than just the beta crew, pros or staff.
25 Nov 2013, 13:49 PM

Which stream are we talking about? Is there a recording?
Because I can't remember which one that is, so I either didn't watch it closely enough or haven't seen it at all.
25 Nov 2013, 14:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Which stream are we talking about? Is there a recording?
Because I can't remember which one that is, so I either didn't watch it closely enough or haven't seen it at all.

Here, this one:
http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/481877923

Id be very interested to hear your perspective on it.
25 Nov 2013, 19:16 PM

maby have supresion a lesser penalty like it holds you in place but they can stil shoot back maby 20% less good and fast as normal and have supression realy fuck up the unit abillatie to do anyting
27 Nov 2013, 00:59 AM

I still don't understand why this unit is ever an issue. Ostheer can build mortars and snipers out of T1, both of which are hard counters to the DHSK.

The DHSK has 2x the DPS of a maxim but the same HP and 150% the price. It's a situational unit, at best.

It's hard to see how anyone might find this mediocre unit too powerful as a Soviet unit. If the Ostheer had it, then I could see why it would be OP since soviet teching is more rigid.

Few, if any, of the "pro" soviet players are using this unit. If something is OP, they would be all over it.
27 Nov 2013, 02:01 AM

I can confirm that mortars work well against Dshkas.
Tried yesterday and today and didn't have any problems with countering this unit either by using Mortars (even when enemy got 120mm out, all you have to do is to keep re position your mortar after few salvos), rifle nades, scout cars or the most simple and the most successful - flanking.
If I ever lost a game it was to this bloody Soviet Industry commander although Stugs work semi good against it but that's different topic.
27 Nov 2013, 12:48 PM

The power of the unit is that you can spam out cons and DSHKA at tier 0.

Cons on their own are already good, but when you throw in MGs as well, off the bat.. it can take time for germans to try dig you off their cut off

Cons and Maxims are already powerful together, and you have to build slow T2 for that. Now, take away that building, buff the Maxim (into a DSHKA), and rush a T70 and T34 out before German can do that much.

Its certainlly frustrating and powerful.
27 Nov 2013, 13:09 PM
Benefactor 115

yes I can confirm I had great success countering it with mortars, but still, it catches the Ost player completely off at the first engagement and will be left uncontested at its fuel point for a while. cons/m3 will chase off your mortars/snipers
27 Nov 2013, 19:11 PM

Build a sniper. German snipers are pretty much uncounterable except by lucky mortar shots.
27 Nov 2013, 19:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 19:11 PMlink0
Build a sniper. German snipers are pretty much uncounterable except by lucky mortar shots.

I agree.
28 Nov 2013, 00:59 AM

Another game against Deshka and the same tactic worked. Flanking or mortar fire and I even managed to capture one.
28 Nov 2013, 07:07 AM

I'm not sure, but to me it seems that the DShK crew dies a lot faster compared to the maxim crew.
I've also had a match where one riflenade destroyed the full health mg thus killing the whole unit.
28 Nov 2013, 15:30 PM
Benefactor 115

yesterday I lost an mg42 full crew/health to a dshk, in the time it took for the mg to pack up it was gone.
anyway, has this thing got some kind of extra range or los? my sniper at max range with attack move was being shot and suppressed by it (even when ungarrisoned)
28 Nov 2013, 23:43 PM

Range and arc of fire are the same as Maxims. Not sure about LoS though.
28 Nov 2013, 23:49 PM

From what i noticed early with trying to counter maxim spam, is snipers tend to get a few steps closer to targets at the edge of their range circle.Those few steps kept putting the sniper in range of mgs.
28 Nov 2013, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 19:11 PMlink0
lucky mortars or.......anything, even small puppies.
28 Nov 2013, 23:53 PM

I agree.

Which would mean, everyone who builds a german sniper wins 100 percent of the time?
29 Nov 2013, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2013, 15:30 PMtuvok
yesterday I lost an mg42 full crew/health to a dshk, in the time it took for the mg to pack up it was gone.
anyway, has this thing got some kind of extra range or los? my sniper at max range with attack move was being shot and suppressed by it (even when ungarrisoned)

Units that shoot at you can be shot back even when in the fog of war. Your sniper probably did the stupid little cover-seek dance which brought it closer to the dshk; you should be able to out-range it normally.
29 Nov 2013, 02:25 AM
Benefactor 115

ye, also if you attack moved further away the sniper does a couple steps towards an mg while it's being recrewed
29 Nov 2013, 02:31 AM

From what i noticed early with trying to counter maxim spam, is snipers tend to get a few steps closer to targets at the edge of their range circle.Those few steps kept putting the sniper in range of mgs.

Attack move moves your snipers too close so use the stop command when you're at max range
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS