86%
14%
Total votes: 28
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Jul 2022, 23:56 PM

How many players use only mouse or use mouse plus keyboard
13 Jul 2022, 17:10 PM

How could anyone only use mouse? Unless other hand is injured or something

Hotkeys for retreat, reverse, and reinforce are basically necessary. And im far from pro

AT nades much bettr with hotkeys too
13 Jul 2022, 17:21 PM

The only thing that I use on the keyboard is groups of troops, otherwise it's not very convenient for me to use hot keys
13 Jul 2022, 18:47 PM

Hotkeys for retreat, reverse, and reinforce are basically necessary. And im far from pro

I used to play vCoh with a bunch of people at lunch during work. So a lot of the time it was mouse only for them :luvCarrot:

More important is how people move the camera.
14 Jul 2022, 21:04 PM

i use only mouse since i started playing coh1 and coh2 , i never used keyboard , never

i dont need keyboard to win , im not that guy that is glued on the monitor and using shortcuts like if he misses one retreat is the end of the world .
14 Jul 2022, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2022, 21:04 PMafrrs

im not that guy that is glued on the monitor and using shortcuts like if he misses one retreat is the end of the world .

Uhh okay? That doesnt rly have anything to do with using hotkeys

Hotkeys are just easier, less work for the player
MMX
16 Jul 2022, 05:06 AM

Uhh okay? That doesnt rly have anything to do with using hotkeys

Hotkeys are just easier, less work for the player

Hotkeys are quite literally a game changer, I guess no one could seriously deny that. You may be able to play the game and use all features just fine going mouse only (a.k.a. one-armed), but there's no doubt that this will severely limit your apm ceiling. From my experience, once you get used to using hotkeys or even keyboard scrolling there's just no way back.

The main thing many people seem to struggle with to varying degree is, however, being able to use the keyboard properly in the first place. If you're struggling to find or hit the right keys without having to take your eyes off the screen then relying on hotkeys can be more of a nuisance than an actual help. It takes quite a bit of effort to build the necessary muscle memory to overcome this, which is probably why many people simply don't bother.

Luckily (also for me, since I'm quite bad at using a keyboard properly myself) there are ways to make things a bit easier, such as switching to the more accessible grid key layout or binding certain keys your mouse. I can only encourage any "mouse-only" players out there to at least give it a try, from my experience it's absolutely worth it.

Or, like the OP apparently, keep dismissing hotkeys as something for the basement-dwelling, no-life part of the playerbase and forever play with one hand tied behind your back.
16 Jul 2022, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2022, 05:06 AMMMX

Or, like the OP apparently, keep dismissing hotkeys as something for the basement-dwelling, no-life part of the playerbase and forever play with one hand tied behind your back.

Lolz yeah i can see a few reasons ppl wouldnt use hotkeys, but that sure as shit aint one of them

I definitely agree about struggling to get use to them. Cuz i remember the first time i started doing it, i needed a post-it note with a few of the big ones written down lol

Didnt take too long to stop needing it tho, its worth the tiny hassle
22 Jul 2022, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2022, 18:47 PMRosbone

I used to play vCoh with a bunch of people at lunch during work. So a lot of the time it was mouse only for them :luvCarrot:

More important is how people move the camera.

True rosbone
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS