Login

russian armor

Pathing bug

20 Nov 2013, 18:27 PM

This may be for this particular instance, but I've noticed that vehicles do not recognize when particular paths are blocked off.

For instance on the newer 3v3/4v4 map (not lazur) on right where the railway bridge and the fuel point are, I built a PaK43 at the edge of the railway bridge so that it could cover both the approach from the center VP and also the top VP. This positioning also blocked off that end of the railway bridge. This created an issue where when I issued orders to any vehicle to move from my base area to an area at the upper right side of the map the vehicle would not recognize that there was no path across the railway bridge and simply drive up behind the pak43 and stop. this is easily fixed by issuing a few queued move commands but the fact that it did not recognized there was no available path seemed bugged. They would just stop behind the Pak unless I ordered them to move somewhere else.

I've also notice similar issues with vehicle pathing when issuing commands to move long distances (mostly in the larger maps), particularly when there have been a lot of structure built. It seems like the vehicles do not recognize that a structure that was built is something that can block their path.
20 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

Vehicle pathing and retreat routes leave a lot to be desired. Had a t70 backing up and instead of taking the road out of harms way it turned slightly for some reason and backed into the snow.. Dead..
20 Nov 2013, 18:40 PM

I think the vehicle pathing is just getting worse and worse in this game. Tanks get stuck on each other constantly and the AI can't figure for the life of it how to become unstuck (they'll turn one way only to turn back the other way, etc.). They often get stuck on a tiny rock or a pothole (or better yet, a decrewed MG or mortar) but will blow through a derelict truck just fine (how is this logical?). Massive 3-seconds-or-up input delay do not help things at all - you'll likely just get more stuck.

Also, if a tank loses its current target (dies or moves out of LoS), the tank will stop, move in the opposite direction for a second, stop, and then resume moving. This behaviour is absolutely retarded and needs to be fixed. I've never seen something this dumb in an RTS that is micro-oriented.
20 Nov 2013, 18:52 PM

I actually rarely have issues with vehicle pathing. It's only when I send them on long routes to get to a general area of the map that I experience issues. Then again I am very precise with my vehicle micro and never issues orders to two or more vehicles at the same time when in combat.
20 Nov 2013, 19:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

vehicle pathing isn't the worse issue it is bad. I think its more do to the fact that tanks have to stop moving to turn now unlike in vcoh where they drove around like cars.

the worse issue is the targeting its awful and gotten me killed so many times. the to issues combined amplify it making it much much worse than just 1 or the other. still its somthing relic needs to fix badly.
20 Nov 2013, 19:49 PM

What about the targeting gives you issues? The only one I've had is when targeting infantry with a tank it sometimes aims the cannon at one guy far away from the rest of the squad (splash damage not doing it's job), and then I'll attack ground on the guys that are in the closest proximity to each other.

Also to all further posts; please do not turn this into a general whining thread, there are enough of those.
20 Nov 2013, 19:52 PM

Vehicle pathing is horrible. A lot of snipers have survived the Scout car rush because of that.
20 Nov 2013, 20:28 PM

i've noticed a pathing bug... every time i order a t34 to do anything, it derps around for 5 minutes...
20 Nov 2013, 20:44 PM

Probably because you're IncompetEnt ftfy. :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight