Login

russian armor

How to Restore this Map?

14 May 2022, 13:03 PM

Hey all.

There is this map on the steam workshop called Cagny. It used to be well liked and played a lot, however a few years ago the creator purposefully made it unplayable for some reason. When you try to play it, your memory usage skyrockets and it is impossible to load in-game or in worldbuilder because of it. I've tried looking around and seeing if there was a way to find out how they self sabotaged the map and to see if it could be recovered, but I have had no luck. I extracted the map but couldn't load it in world builder and I'm out of my depth for looking through the data files themselves to find what's broken.

Would any of you folk know of a way to restore the map or at the very least find out what is broken? Thanks
14 May 2022, 14:42 PM

Did the author change the map or did Relic break the map with an update? There are two versions on Steam and both have people complaining about it crashing.

Why could you not load the map into the WorldBuilder? Did it crash there also?
14 May 2022, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2022, 14:42 PMRosbone
Did the author change the map or did Relic break the map with an update? There are two versions on Steam and both have people complaining about it crashing.

Why could you not load the map into the WorldBuilder? Did it crash there also?

I've heard that apparently the author changed the map to break it on purpose. The original version is by someone called like UKMAN. I'm pretty sure the other "versions" of it are just reuploads of the same sga file.

Yes it crashed there, no clue why. It was jacking up my memory as I tried to load it into WorldBuilder. It got over 20 gigs of memory usage before WorldBuilder said I had run out of memory and then promptly bugsplatted. I don't know how the map could be recovered without accessing the map on WorldBuilder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★