Login

russian armor

More victory conditions for ranked

25 Mar 2022, 13:26 PM

Does it always have to be Victory Point all the time tho ? Annihilation is out of question because it would takes so long. I'm thinking some kind of sector attack/defense with time limit , 1 map have 4 sectors (2 if 2v2 and 3 if 3v3) and 1 sector have 4 points (also depends on gamemode), if the attacker secure all the points the defender fall back to the next sector, the attacker wins if all sector captured and loses if they ran out of time limit, the match is best of 5 and both teams switch role mid match. the idea isnt innovative actually i copied from bf5 breakthrough, but the point is it shouldn't be victory point all the time, its not boring for long time players but it wont keep new players if relic aim towards coh3's survivability
25 Mar 2022, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2022, 13:26 PMteckins
Does it always have to be Victory Point all the time tho ? Annihilation is out of question because it would takes so long. I'm thinking some kind of sector attack/defense with time limit , 1 map have 4 sectors (2 if 2v2 and 3 if 3v3) and 1 sector have 4 points (also depends on gamemode), if the attacker secure all the points the defender fall back to the next sector, the attacker wins if all sector captured and loses if they ran out of time limit, the match is best of 5 and both teams switch role mid match. the idea isnt innovative actually i copied from bf5 breakthrough, but the point is it shouldn't be victory point all the time, its not boring for long time players but it wont keep new players if the game aim towards coh3's survivability

Would be intereting to see in action. I guess, one couldnt take every element of normal matches.
26 Mar 2022, 14:06 PM

Certainly an interesting idea, I hope we get some of that

Myself, I´d love to see some Capture the Flag shit (CoH2 has a mod for that) and the stuff from AA campaign

However, it will certainly never take off as much as VPs, because it would be impossible to balance and pace properly
3 Apr 2022, 16:56 PM

During the alpha there was a map where territories occupied count as victory points. So instead of having 3 choke points where big units shines sitting on their ass you must actually play the game.
5 Apr 2022, 16:48 PM

I am all in for that, but first let's make sure to NOT turn every match into a 25minute fight for fuel. Manpower points should be a good first step. Then we talk about modes.

If I could pick one, I would make a "zombie apocalypse" type thingy that you just fight an endless horde of Nazis/Allies and try to make the best score with buddies. Full of choke points etc.

I know there is a mod for that on COH2, but it's complicated because it requires another whole tech structure.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★