Login

russian armor

vickers k

14 Mar 2022, 16:05 PM

I don't know whos idea was it to make vickers K into Bar clone, but I can say that it was very stupid idea.

Vickers K did share similar role with bren, but performed slightly better. (Much better after price reduction & stat nerf)

And long range lmg suites well with Tommies who have very bad moving penalty & out-of-cover disadvantage.

Compairing it with g43 gren is not a great idea. g43 gives you 2/4 model equips with 80% moving accuracy with 60 muni and also gives you extra RA bonus. It literally turns the unit role to long range to mid range fighter.

(BTW vickers K has moving accuracy of 25%....)

Vickers K works well with officer (one squad restricted) / commando (don't have commander with both) / sappers (who are busy repairing with thx to repair speed nerf btw)

Main line inf. Tommy doesn't benefit much from it. Ofc it is better than default lee-enfield, so I'd pick one up when I can. But previous version was much easier and better to use.

And raid sections.... they are just a joke. Why would I want to use clone riflemen squad w/o snare?

Vickers K still has 33% chance of dropping, and probably thx to Lelic making programming mistake, RS can't upgrade 1 vickers K after dropping one.

Assualt section or tank hunter IS are pretty decent unit. But raid section is nothing but a waste of one skill slot IMO.

Looking at accuracy means is not the full picture since there are other modifier affecting DPS on the move and vickers K has 0.6 accuracy modifier and not 0.25.

DPS G43 on the move vs BAR on the move (0/10/20/35)

5.99/4.37/3.37/2.27 vs 6.79/4.83/2.8/1.7

G43 is only more accurate at long range
14 Mar 2022, 16:07 PM

I am not the best UKF player in the world, but I use Raid Sections sometimes because they are by default a 5-man squad without the need to spend fuel on bolster and also because I like their model skin.

Ah yes I also do love the model skin. Such a shame that it is wasted on the useless squad. But if you want to play wih raid section because you don't want to waste your fuel on bolster upgrade & etc, just play UKF. They comes with 5-man squad WITH snare and have better mid game strength thanks to m20 & Stuart. And Sherman is way better than Cromwell. TBH there is no point of playing UKF ATM in 1v1 if you want to win vs. similar skilled oponent.
14 Mar 2022, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 15:50 PMVipper

Vicker K is superior to G43 at all ranges and Tommies have better received accuracy than Grenadier and can get extra

I suggest you tried double BAR riflemen vs double Vicker K men 5 tommies in cover to cover to fights and see who wins in what range.

Even if vickers k wins then it doesnt prove anything as 2 units have different role, riflemen is not some kind of unit that fight someone toe to toe in cover, i would rather try something more realistic like doing 1v1 with my friends with same level and test one match using vickers k and one match using brens, the result is brens somehow more useful which i cant prove its a feeling you can feel only ingame the point is infantry sections isnt suitable in mid-close range combat and the vickers k doesnt help them much in such situation either. So this weapon cant be proven bad using convention methods such as cheat command

Saying vicker k good at all range means that you havent used this weapon before, yes the vicker k is a little bit superior to g43 only when you fighting them in cover. its much more expensive but being much more expensive and only being a little bit superior isnt right at all it took so long killing anything for a 60 munis weapon and being used on an infantry unit intended to fight static and have out of cover debuff, if the g43 grenadier took advantage of that then g43 grenadier wins their role is much more mobile anyway, good players dont play into your favors. I would rather use bren to fight longer range while using officer to protect their proximity
14 Mar 2022, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 16:05 PMVipper

Looking at accuracy means is not the full picture since there are other modifier affecting DPS on the move and vickers K has 0.6 accuracy modifier and not 0.25.

DPS G43 on the move vs BAR on the move (0/10/20/35)

5.99/4.37/3.37/2.27 vs 6.79/4.83/2.8/1.7

G43 is only more accurate at long range

You forgot that one is a semi rifle and other is a fully automatic rifle. "Only more accurate" at long range is more than enough to shred BARs. BARs shoot a lot but only few hit but G43 hit most of their shots so they trade pretty well
14 Mar 2022, 16:39 PM

Ah yes I also do love the model skin. Such a shame that it is wasted on the useless squad. But if you want to play wih raid section because you don't want to waste your fuel on bolster upgrade & etc, just play UKF. They comes with 5-man squad WITH snare and have better mid game strength thanks to m20 & Stuart. And Sherman is way better than Cromwell. TBH there is no point of playing UKF ATM in 1v1 if you want to win vs. similar skilled oponent.

Haha true, thanks.

I only play UKF for memes/fun. I am not even 20% competent with them and that's ok.
14 Mar 2022, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 16:05 PMVipper

You are probably referencing changelog(https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-legacy/forums/5-company-of-heroes-2-general/threads/1307-company-of-heroes-2-changelog?page=1) which also says Raid section can upgrade 1 vickers K with 60 muni. when they can't :)

The site I often use to check stats of CoH2 unit says otherwise, so I tried to check it by myself with Attribute Editor, but couldn't find Vickers K stat but only "sapper_vickers_k_machine_gun_mp" which has totally different stat & moving modifier. Any ideas?
14 Mar 2022, 16:49 PM

You are probably referencing changelog(https://community.companyofheroes.com/coh-franchise/company-of-heroes-legacy/forums/5-company-of-heroes-2-general/threads/1307-company-of-heroes-2-changelog?page=1) which also says Raid section can upgrade 1 vickers K with 60 muni. when they can't :)

The site I often use to check stats of CoH2 unit says otherwise, so I tried to check it by myself with Attribute Editor, but couldn't find Vickers K stat but only "sapper_vickers_k_machine_gun_mp" which has totally different stat & moving modifier. Any ideas?

The modding tools is not updated for several patch so the stats there is out date.
14 Mar 2022, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 14:36 PMVipper

Answer a simply question, if you are facing Assault grenadier charging with sprint would rather have 2 Bren on your IS or 1 Vicers K and 1 Bren?

get two brens and gun him down on approach to you

get two vickers and he will struggle to approach you

get one of both and you failed your parents and your infantry's efficiency in all fields

you need better tactics
14 Mar 2022, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 14:36 PMVipper

Answer a simply question, if you are facing Assault grenadier charging with sprint would rather have 2 Bren on your IS or 1 Vicers K and 1 Bren?

Rather simple, indeed. A pair of bren will start to deal dmg from afar (may be event before the sprint if you can see fist) and have chance to drop 1 to 2 models as assault gren close the gap. One the gap is closed, with either combo you will have to retreat or at least move anyway so why bother a more expensive weapon which cant win you the contact. Do notice that while being chased by cqc unit, if you run backward (common reaction), you often cant fire back much.
14 Mar 2022, 17:07 PM

Vickers K Light Machine Gun

To differentiate this weapon from the Bren Light Machine Gun, the Vickers K is being tuned to a weapon capable of fighting at medium and short-range that can also be fired on the move.

Vickers K can now fire on the move with 60% moving accuracy, -25% weapon cooldown and -25% weapon burst.
Weapon no longer wants to go prone when out of cover.
DPS at ranges 0/10/15/20/25/30/35: 12.53/10.81/8.44/7.13/5.99/4.93/3.97

14 Mar 2022, 17:09 PM

The modding tools is not updated for several patch so the stats there is out date.

Any idea how I can check in-game synced data?
14 Mar 2022, 17:10 PM

Any idea how I can check in-game synced data?

Only through the (outdated) modding tools.

Tbh nobody really knows the absolute current numbers, because lelic do not update the mod stuff.
14 Mar 2022, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 17:07 PMVipper

Vickers K Light Machine Gun

To differentiate this weapon from the Bren Light Machine Gun, the Vickers K is being tuned to a weapon capable of fighting at medium and short-range that can also be fired on the move.

Vickers K can now fire on the move with 60% moving accuracy, -25% weapon cooldown and -25% weapon burst.
Weapon no longer wants to go prone when out of cover.
DPS at ranges 0/10/15/20/25/30/35: 12.53/10.81/8.44/7.13/5.99/4.93/3.97

I already told you that you probably checked it from the changelog. And the site I visit parses in-game data to update the stat. So ATM for me I weight the site over changelog, cause it's not the first time changelog masses things up.

But I won't go further without raw-data checked for now.
14 Mar 2022, 17:12 PM

Only through the (outdated) modding tools.

Tbh nobody really knows the absolute current numbers, because lelic do not update the mod stuff.

I'm pretty sure there is a way, I might ask for the maintainer of the https://pelando.tistory.com/.(Spoiler alert: Korean) He parses in-game data and currently all it's data are up-to-date with last patch of 2021.

It's either he or Lelic made mistake.
14 Mar 2022, 17:15 PM

I'm pretty sure there is a way, I might ask for the maintainer of the https://pelando.tistory.com/.(Spoiler alert: Korean) He parses in-game data and currently all it's data are up-to-date with last patch of 2021.

It's either he or Lelic made mistake.

If that's true I would really love to have those stats mate.
14 Mar 2022, 17:19 PM

Rather simple, indeed. A pair of bren will start to deal dmg from afar (may be event before the sprint if you can see fist) and have chance to drop 1 to 2 models as assault gren close the gap. One the gap is closed, with either combo you will have to retreat or at least move anyway so why bother a more expensive weapon which cant win you the contact. Do notice that while being chased by cqc unit, if you run backward (common reaction), you often cant fire back much.

and here are Tommies proving your claim false and wining the contact:

14 Mar 2022, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 17:19 PMVipper

And here are you showing a wrong way of using assault grenadier by charging lmg squad in cover wihout event use grenade.
14 Mar 2022, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 17:19 PMVipper

Is this what I'm thinking what it is?

Are you seriously trying to convience Vickers K rocks because 0 vet ass gren looses when diving in to the tommies with 120 muni invested behind green cover?

If Tommy looses to that fight, UKF might as well as just delete entire faction from the game.

Is tommy with 2 bren even looses to that fight???

If you really wanted to prove your logic, you should have come up with scenario where 2 bren tommy looses to the engage yet 2 vickers K wins the engagement.

If both wins or both looses, opponent is right. There is no need to pay extra 30 munition & command skill slot for Vickers K because bren does it anyway.
14 Mar 2022, 17:29 PM

Grenade ?

Did you say anything about grenades? If you want to test with greandes I suggest you test it with a friend of yours. But I have to point out that IS also get grenades.

Is this what I'm thinking what it is?

Are you seriously trying to convience Vickers K rocks because 0 vet ass gren looses when diving in to the tommies with 120 muni invested behind green cover?

I never claimed that Vicker K rocks so pls do no put words in my mouth.

If Tommy looses to that fight, UKF might as well as just delete entire faction from the game.

I simply point out that the claims that Vicker -K "cant win you the contact" and
"get one of both and you failed your parents and your infantry's efficiency in all fields"
are false.

Is tommy with 2 bren even looses to that fight???

I suggest you do the test yourself instead of requesting me to test it for you.

14 Mar 2022, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 17:29 PMVipper

Did you say anything about grenades? If you want to test with greandes I suggest you test it with a friend of yours but IS also get grenades
I never claimed that Vicker K rocks so pls do no put words in my mouth.
I simply point out that the claim that Vicker -K "cant win you the contact" is false.

The reason I don't like to have debate with you is that you take all the words so "literally" without any sense of the context or common situation. I'm not sure what you think of it, but I think that leads to nowhere. And probably the reason many users in this forum is offensive to you.

When some says something like

Rather simple, indeed. A pair of bren will start to deal dmg from afar (may be event before the sprint if you can see fist) and have chance to drop 1 to 2 models as assault gren close the gap. One the gap is closed, with either combo you will have to retreat or at least move anyway so why bother a more expensive weapon which cant win you the contact.

It just means what it says in general gameplay. It's not a statement that requires "What?!? Vickers K can't win engagement vs. assualt gren?! I SHALL PROVE HIM WRONG!" and go for 5-man bolster up & 120 muni invested tommies behind green cover and make ass. gren to run from the front from the max range with nothing.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2022, 17:29 PMVipper

I suggest you do the test yourself instead of requesting me to test it for you.

And by the way obviously even 2 bren(90 muni invested) tommies behind green cover wins with 3 model alive :) - 30 muni wasted with extra cost of a one man. Let us pray for his poor soul. -

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★