Login

russian armor

Thought on field Marshal and other aspect of the gameplay

1 Dec 2021, 08:38 AM

I'm not really convinced with the Field Marshal mechanisms at the moment, I feel them a bit confusing the way they work.

- Confusing to use them, I feel like I always have to come back to their description to know what I unlocked
- Confusing to play vs because I have to remember what my opponent unlocked from the grenade he's using.

For sure with hundred of hours playing the game the confusion will go but I don't feel it makes the game really accessible.

Second negative point coming to my mind is definitively balance. It is going to be nightmarish to balance the game with those 3 differents set of veterancies for the wehrmach basic units.

Thrid negative point is how unclear from the opponent player's perspective what is needed to counter/adapt to it. Again with experience we'll know it but I'm worried with the learning curve for new players.

As opposed the USA system feel easier to apprehend: or Planes or better infantry or better vehicles. When playing vs it once you detected which one is selected it seems far easier to adapt. Build AA, build more AI or more AT.

Following that, the USA veterancy follow the same confusion pathing imo. As it is individual per squad it lacks a visual effect to detect which of your squad get one or the other veterancy. In Coh1 PE units had clear icones above them so you always knew what veterancy they had.

As the game is in pre-alpha I guess it's the moment to highlight those points, I feel the game is having a lot of options and possibilities but I'm worried there are too much and not enough clear on how they work for both sides. I'm not comenting on if they are balanced it's not the right time for it.

1 Dec 2021, 09:04 AM

1 Dec 2021, 09:09 AM

I will, but doesn't mean we can't discuss here.
1 Dec 2021, 09:31 AM

The only problem with it - you get a lot the second you pick it. The earliest you pick Marchal the faster you get his buffs. And imo this is stupid desing.

Picking Marshal is supposed to be about either reacting to what enemy is doing and picking the best option or picking the one for particular game.

But right now, I'm pretty much forced to pick it and gamble a bit, because I cant afford to wait and see what happening since I'm missing vet buffs and nades on my mainline.
1 Dec 2021, 12:32 PM

write that in the survey, not here

Reward for the most pointless comment.
2 Dec 2021, 02:33 AM

I like it very much, much better than USF counter-parts

1. It's free, you can choose it from game start based on map, your playstyle and enemy composition.
2. the buff are mostly free, unlike its USF counter-parts. That leads to most satisfyling early-mid game advantages. Repairt bunker, 4-man pioneer, and fast capture, almost all abilities are useful.
3. It's instant upgrade.
2 Dec 2021, 02:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

This will take a bit of time to understand but in no way is it too complicated. Not willing to put some effort into learning this is the problem.
2 Dec 2021, 05:55 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The thing that confused me at first, was when you pick one, the others stay up on there for the whole game with a message about "Requires Field Marshal not selected" or something. So the bad UI was what got me confused. I think it's a cool system though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 2
Korea, Republic Of 0
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %