Login

russian armor

Here's your f-ing Tiger Relic (replay)

19 Nov 2013, 23:06 PM

I just played a game against a dude that only did Pgrens & PGrens+shrecks vetted to lvl 3 supported by a vet 3 StuG, and later when he was losing, he called a Tiger Ace as topping of the cake.

The sad thing is that he barely won with that lame "strategy".

This game is garbage in its current state.

19 Nov 2013, 23:17 PM

What about removing one ability from this commander, giving him normal tiger at 6cp(or whatever normal tiger is) and at 8-9 CP u can upgrade for free but stopping ur income.
You still need to save up for tiger a lot of resources. u can use tiger and later in the game vet up or you can play without ever going for that option if u think stopping income now will be too drastic.
This doctrine is all about giving vet to units so it fits in the purpose of the commander quite well.
What do you think?
19 Nov 2013, 23:21 PM

at 9 cps everybody is looking at the after action report. Might as well make it 13. It will see just as much use.
19 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

Greeb, an army of panzer grens? They are expensive to reinforce, buying vet ups their reinforce cost further, and he has no resources once its called in.

All you had to do was get snipers, or some kind of arty or flames and he would be soo screwed.
19 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

9 cps could be nice in teamgames, but you nearly never will see one in 1vs1.

Greeb, an army of panzer grens? They are expensive to reinforce, buying vet ups their reinforce cost further, and he has no resources once its called in.

All you had to do was get snipers, or some kind of arty or flames and he would be soo screwed.

Well, the moment he got the Tiger Ace he went straight to my base, so forget any other strategy besides killing the Tiger before he destroys all my buildings and retreating units.

Of course the moment he lost the Tiger Ace he got screwed, but the thing is that one affordable strategy in a 2vs2 game is just spamming one type of vetted unit and wait for the Tiger Ace.

His teammate mainly did Panzerwerfers (vet 3 too) and PaKs to support him, besides an occasional PzIV.
19 Nov 2013, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 23:28 PMGreeb
9 cps could be nice in teamgames, but you nearly never will see one in 1vs1.

I see nothing wrong with never seeing this abomination in 1vs1 or team games.
20 Nov 2013, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 16:34 PMGreeb

That's the next soviet commander.

Unlimited T34 Works

Link your credit card to your CoH2 profile and each time you click the ability, you can call-in T34s paying real-life resources.
The definitive counter to Tiger Ace!!!

That's historically plausible in a somewhat contorted sense though. Be careful with such suggestions. :p
20 Nov 2013, 05:39 AM

There is a doctrine commimg with cheaper but weaker call in T34s (called green T34). Also has elite T34/85 s
7 Dec 2013, 23:13 PM

Pure OP.
http://www.coh2.org/replays/11756/ace

We play very poor. But what can oponent doo versus this? We have nothing and ACE crush all Su-85.
8 Dec 2013, 01:36 AM

There is another reason why I hate the Tiger, balance arguments aside. It goes against the nature of CoH, which was to fight hard all through the game to hold on to points or territory. It's not an RTS where you sit there vetting up and saving resources to pump out a super unit to blow up the enemy army.
8 Dec 2013, 12:13 PM

form my experience with tiger ace,
the key is to stall it for 5 mins not losing too much, the tank worth approximately 5 minutes of income, so after that time you will begin to gain over your rival.

i preferably like to have multiple units to haras it same time. a mix of mobile 2 t34 on the flanks so it won't rush forward, 2 su 85s in the front to nip it, 2 zis guns spread out 30 degrees of it on each side, and a heavy tank like is2 to soak his damage for 2/3 shots.
i play mostly 2v2s so if my ally supplement my unit composition it is possible.

i never attempt to ram it unless from the rear, i never attempt to flank it, just constantly nip at it, you will lower its health by small bits each shot, and he will have trouble killing anything because you just back off with damaged units. he might rush the su85s and kill them if he wills but he'll need to back up afterwards.

this strat won't kill it but stall the ace

it is also a question of the game state, when tiger ace is called the caller gets estimate of +40 popcap worth of units instantly.(assuming you have the correct unit composition to counter what ever on the field ATM + a bit invested in prepping for the tiger)

i think that if he over runes you by more then 100% you will not survive even if you have the right units.

forexample, if you both have 60, you rival will jump to having 100 popcap worth of units that's less then 100% compared to you so you can survive. if you both have 40 popcap your rival jumps to 80, that is twice more and you will lose no matter which units you are having or going to build.

that's why i advocate for increasing the tiger ace popcap to 50/40, so it will be a last resort unit a german player can call while having small army, instead of a nail in a coffin that he can smack you with while having a large army himself preventing any chance of a comeback.
8 Dec 2013, 22:43 PM

form my experience with tiger ace,
the key is to stall it for 5 mins not losing too much, the tank worth approximately 5 minutes of income, so after that time you will begin to gain over your rival.

i preferably like to have multiple units to haras it same time. a mix of mobile 2 t34 on the flanks so it won't rush forward, 2 su 85s in the front to nip it, 2 zis guns spread out 30 degrees of it on each side, and a heavy tank like is2 to soak his damage for 2/3 shots.
i play mostly 2v2s so if my ally supplement my unit composition it is possible.

i never attempt to ram it unless from the rear, i never attempt to flank it, just constantly nip at it, you will lower its health by small bits each shot, and he will have trouble killing anything because you just back off with damaged units. he might rush the su85s and kill them if he wills but he'll need to back up afterwards.

this strat won't kill it but stall the ace

it is also a question of the game state, when tiger ace is called the caller gets estimate of +40 popcap worth of units instantly.(assuming you have the correct unit composition to counter what ever on the field ATM + a bit invested in prepping for the tiger)

i think that if he over runes you by more then 100% you will not survive even if you have the right units.

forexample, if you both have 60, you rival will jump to having 100 popcap worth of units that's less then 100% compared to you so you can survive. if you both have 40 popcap your rival jumps to 80, that is twice more and you will lose no matter which units you are having or going to build.

that's why i advocate for increasing the tiger ace popcap to 50/40, so it will be a last resort unit a german player can call while having small army, instead of a nail in a coffin that he can smack you with while having a large army himself preventing any chance of a comeback.

I don't understand what you mean about this? Stalling it for 5 minutes won't do anything. You need to kill the damn thing to win?!

Besides, have you calculated the time-cost of all the units you mention in that counter? It must be way past the income of 5 minutes.

Besides not liking what the Ace does to the game, I think the decisive factor here is not the actual counter built after it arrives. It's about having perpared counters BEFORE it arrives. Like mines (as if you have the time to lay an elaborate system of mines during end-game...)

And that's the real bitch. Improvised, massed building of any standard AT is not going to do it. You have to have the stuff in advance.
12 Dec 2013, 23:59 PM

you don't really need to kill it, you just need to prevent it from killing more of your units then your income.

but nevermind that now, after the latest change, the german player will get his income back after 10 minutes,
OMG...
13 Dec 2013, 00:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think its a good change to unit for its functionality and how it plays in coh2 but now it will need more nerf to make up for that.
13 Dec 2013, 08:34 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2013, 01:36 AMTurtle
There is another reason why I hate the Tiger, balance arguments aside. It goes against the nature of CoH, which was to fight hard all through the game to hold on to points or territory. It's not an RTS where you sit there vetting up and saving resources to pump out a super unit to blow up the enemy army.

Exactly +1
13 Dec 2013, 09:15 AM

The point is that pre-patch the Tiger Ace player had no choice but to throw his Tiger into a knock-out raid. This meant running a big risk getting it killed.

Now the obvious strategy is to use the TA to hold positions for 10 mins and after that push with as well a superunit as a full 100 pop army.

I still don't see how this change improved anything.
13 Dec 2013, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2013, 01:36 AMTurtle

+1

As soon as the Tiger Ace hits the field, the game turns into some weird boss fight.
13 Dec 2013, 10:04 AM

The point is that pre-patch the Tiger Ace player had no choice but to throw his Tiger into a knock-out raid. This meant running a big risk getting it killed.

Now the obvious strategy is to use the TA to hold positions for 10 mins and after that push with as well a superunit as a full 100 pop army.

I still don't see how this change improved anything.

This kill team game. In 1v1 you can cap all map. But in 3v3 and 4v4 just sit on VP and wait 10min.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 44
Poland 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment