Login

russian armor

Are there modding macros/shortcuts?

13 Oct 2021, 15:13 PM

I remember in modding coh1 you could run a macro to modify a stat on a whole bunch of files at once. I used to do this to make all weapons have 2x range for example.

Is there a way to do this in coh2 modding tools?

14 Oct 2021, 22:34 PM
Modmaker Badge

I don't know about macros but your example of weapon range would be easy to do. Making a player upgrade with weapon range modifiers will apply it to all of your units. You can then add the upgrade in the army section under start_actions of AE so it is applied at the start of the match.

You would have to make additional range_weapon_modifiers for more hardpoints.
14 Oct 2021, 23:05 PM

Thanks! This should help a lot, even if these modifiers don't cover everything I need to change.
15 Oct 2021, 22:04 PM

Did this work for you?

I added the modifier and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

"sight_radius_player_modifier" is working but the range and ability range ones aren't working for me. It seems like they might be designed to be applied to a specific unit or unit type not the player?
15 Oct 2021, 23:15 PM
Modmaker Badge

Can you post a screenshot of what your actions look like? I have not tried weapon range but it works well for capture speed. I'll test this real quick and get back to you.

You can right click on an action and "find all references" as well as "go to reference" to see how these actions are used in vanilla to give you a better idea of how they work.
15 Oct 2021, 23:22 PM

This start actions of the army tab for aef.

]

I looked at some of the ones in game and so far they are all being applied to a target unit or aura.
15 Oct 2021, 23:33 PM
Modmaker Badge

Okay it definitely works. The only thing different is that mine is through an upgrade. Make an upgrade with the modifiers and have the owner_type as player. Then upgrade_add in the start_actions.
16 Oct 2021, 00:19 AM

Interesting, I don't know what's happening then. I moved it to an upgrade and the upgrade is obviously being applied because the sight is still being affected but range is not being changed.
16 Oct 2021, 01:02 AM
Modmaker Badge

Double check to make sure everything is correct. If that doesn't work then I'm unsure maybe someone else knows the answer.
16 Oct 2021, 02:50 AM
Modmaker Badge

My mistake I was looking at the wrong action. Add a filter action and then the modifier under it. This should work.

16 Oct 2021, 03:05 AM

Oh wow that worked. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this.

I saw the filter_action option but intuitively I assumed it could only narrow the scope of the modifier.

Thanks!
16 Oct 2021, 04:19 AM
Modmaker Badge

You're welcome and sorry about the confusion. Usually that is what filter action is used for but I'm assuming that the property of apply_to_future_units is what makes it work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★