Login

russian armor

Some ideas to buff heavy tanks.

26 Sep 2021, 09:48 AM

Now heavy tank like Tiger or IS2 not useful for COH2,not like heavy TD or some heavy AI Tank useful for this game,so maybe give some buff make them different and more useful?

IS-2
Main gun damage increase to 240,increase some AOE damage but only can harm 2 or 3 model (German most infantry is 4 men squad) for single squad like ostwind or T70,increase default range to 50 but remove +10 range from Vet2,Vet 2 buff change to reduce scatter.

Tiger
Main gun damage increase to 200,increase AOE damage but only can harm 3 model for single squad(Allied squad have more man)

Pershine
Change to passive not call-in,Reduce cost to about 600/210,build in HQ or T4 after unlock Major,allow same time have 2 Pershine.

UKF new tech and heavy tank system
Hammer/Anvil not lock out each other like AEC and Bofos,unlock Hammer/Anvil will increase Heavy Tank limit number,like if you need 2 Churchill or Comet,steps like Unlock Hammer/Anvil---build or call-in first Heavy tanks---unlock other tech---build or call-in second Heavy tanks
26 Sep 2021, 14:08 PM

think UKF is fine

pershing should be non-doc, just like KT, but if it should be 1 or 2 is another matter, but if its gonna be 2 or more, it needs to get tuned down a fair bit.

regarding doctrine heavies in general, they get slaughtered easily by 2 or more TD's/panthers.
instead all doctrine heavies should get bail-out-smoke
26 Sep 2021, 14:26 PM

Instead of buffing heavy tanks, you should've started with actual reason why they would need to be buffed.

They have more durability and less firepower then 2 meds, which is exactly where they are supposed to be.
26 Sep 2021, 18:39 PM

I'd like to see the IS-2 have it's damage increased 200 if not 240. It feels like the cannon doesn't reflect the original design or a distinct soviet style heavy tank. It just feels like a worse tiger.

I think the tiger is itself good when it hits veterancy 2 it's got good range and rate of fire and can bully medium tanks and push up and kill lone or wounded tank destroyers. More importantly it's got a lot of very good commanders supporting it. I don't think it needs any changes.

I would much rather the pershing be like the king tiger unlockable onece all other tech is complete. The US doesn't have armor that can take much damage and being limited to one commander really limits the tanks ability. Echelons are also awful for repairs even with the damage reduction buff it still takes an insufferable amount of time to fix the unit without other vehicle crews helping out. For the unit itself I'd just really like to see the damage reduction undone. Health increased back to 960 and the vehicle crew repair from elite armor and the tiger ace be given to the pershing.

I would like to see the comet and churchill normally be available to the british but hammer and anvil both bring additional buffs and when combined would likely make brit late game possibly too strong.

I think the King tiger is perfect. By being baked into faction design it always allows a commander choice and is always an option to work towards. It's very heavily armored and armed but very limited in it's mobility giving it an easily understandable role and counters.

26 Sep 2021, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2021, 18:39 PMSolar.
I'd like to see the IS-2 have it's damage increased 200 if not 240. It feels like the cannon doesn't reflect the original design or a distinct soviet style heavy tank. It just feels like a worse tiger.

I think the tiger is itself good when it hits veterancy 2 it's got good range and rate of fire and can bully medium tanks and push up and kill lone or wounded tank destroyers. More importantly it's got a lot of very good commanders supporting it. I don't think it needs any changes.

I would much rather the pershing be like the king tiger unlockable onece all other tech is complete. The US doesn't have armor that can take much damage and being limited to one commander really limits the tanks ability. Echelons are also awful for repairs even with the damage reduction buff it still takes an insufferable amount of time to fix the unit without other vehicle crews helping out. For the unit itself I'd just really like to see the damage reduction undone. Health increased back to 960 and the vehicle crew repair from elite armor and the tiger ace be given to the pershing.

I would like to see the comet and churchill normally be available to the british but hammer and anvil both bring additional buffs and when combined would likely make brit late game possibly too strong.

I think the King tiger is perfect. By being baked into faction design it always allows a commander choice and is always an option to work towards. It's very heavily armored and armed but very limited in it's mobility giving it an easily understandable role and counters.

For IS2 and tiger damage,IS2 reload too slow and German have Panther and some high HP tank,240 damage will more dangerous for those.
Tiger shot faster than IS2,and Allied most tank is 640 HP,destroy them still need 4 shot,but kill most light armor with 2 shot not 3,kill Allied Heavy or High rank medium tank like 34/85 or Churchill will less 1 or 2 shot,I think it will make them different position for different factions.
27 Sep 2021, 11:51 AM

+1 for 200 dmg for Tiger, IS2 and Pershing.
27 Sep 2021, 12:16 PM
27 Sep 2021, 15:44 PM

What are you talking about?

2 AT + 1 medium + 1 heavy tank is still a viable tactic.
29 Sep 2021, 02:22 AM

I have One question.

Why???!?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment