Login

russian armor

Suppression for Ostwind

27 Aug 2021, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2021, 17:33 PMVipper

I have not used a historical argument.

Glad that you agree that Ostheer weakness is the lack of light tank.

Puma's performance has not see significant and similar to OKW. Not sure why you want to debate Puma's balance thou

For around the 10 time now I have not said that Ostwind is up, pls stop putting words in my mouth. You have agreed to my point that Ostwind is not good at fighting light vehicles so pls stop beating a dead horse.

What would be the point of AI vehicle that can not fire on the move if it was countered by infantry?

Do think AT infatry can attack other AAHTs?

I read that part about 37mm costing as much as a t34 so its at is not a bonus as such.

Yes indeed with other strengths

I am not debating the puma's balance. You say that the puma back in the day showcased ost being weak vs light vehicles. I dont agree.

You have not used the words directly, yet you keep comparing it to the p4 and where it is not as good despite it being closish in fuel cost. Please use different aproach then if something is not up.

At inf should at least be a decent threat to it. Shrecks and zooks with alpha damage stand a better chance doing decent damage before being supressed.
27 Aug 2021, 18:49 PM

I read that part about 37mm costing as much as a t34 so its at is not a bonus as such.

Yes indeed with other strengths

I am not debating the puma's balance. You say that the puma back in the day showcased ost being weak vs light vehicles. I dont agree.

You have not used the words directly, yet you keep comparing it to the p4 and where it is not as good despite it being closish in fuel cost. Please use different aproach then if something is not up.

Allow me to be clear Ostwind is not UP. (pls stop beating a dead horse)
The main issue with it imo is that is that a PzIV is better investment while arriving only a bit later.

That is why I suggested it should be balance around 80. Imo it could also become better vs vehicle. The changes would promote its use and thus the use of other vehicles like SU-76.

At inf should at least be a decent threat to it. Shrecks and zooks with alpha damage stand a better chance doing decent damage before being supressed.

No they should not be. The vehicle is there to hard counter infantry and not the the way round.

Imo the main issue is that it both suppresses and does damage at the same time.
28 Aug 2021, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2021, 18:49 PMVipper

Allow me to be clear Ostwind is not UP. (pls stop beating a dead horse)
The main issue with it imo is that is that a PzIV is better investment while arriving only a bit later.

That is why I suggested it should be balance around 80. Imo it could also become better vs vehicle. The changes would promote its use and thus the use of other vehicles like SU-76.

No they should not be. The vehicle is there to hard counter infantry and not the the way round.

Imo the main issue is that it both suppresses and does damage at the same time.

I agree that the p4 is a better/safer investment. Its ai is closer to the ostwind then the ostwinds at is to the p4's at. The p4's ai as i said before is a bit to good. Its main gun kills 2 models ver very often where other mediums struggle a bit to kill just one. Killing is always better then just doing damage over time.
The p4's one hit kill radius is the best out of the mediums while having 3 mg's to top it off.
Lowering the p4's ai power a bit and droping the ostwind down to 90 fuel imo would be the best choice.

I agree your suggested change would promote the use of the su76 wich is great. The su76 however still doesnt scale well.
I also still dont think giving a faction like ost with such a strong and solid late game and the greatest mg in terms of supression another supression platform stock is a good idea or even neccesary.

Do tanks sometimes beat td's? Yes all the while td's hardcounter tanks. Now dont get me wrong the flacktrack should hardcounter regular inf but at inf should be more of a threat to it then now. Its not a case of black and white, both should be effective and threaten eachother not one absolutly beating the other.
30 Aug 2021, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2021, 15:51 PMKatukov

and has absolutely no risk to it whatsoever

Tanks cant counter ATGS who can deal some serious damage to hulled down tanks. Your bound to take shots from an ATG as takes long enough time get out of it. So I wouldn't say it's risk free.
30 Aug 2021, 11:58 AM

Tanks cant counter ATGS who can deal some serious damage to hulled down tanks. Your bound to take shots from an ATG as takes long enough time get out of it. So I wouldn't say it's risk free.

The hull down from the buff has a "build" period, where the tank is immobile, but once it is fully set in, you get increased range and defensive stats, and the "de-siege" time is INSTANT

Which is why its risk free, you can immediately run as soon as you click a button.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★