Login

russian armor

best 4v4 strats as allies

16 Aug 2021, 19:02 PM

What're some of the best combinations of nations, units and commanders you guys know about or have encountered in 4v4? Strickly as allies. If you have any tips or advice lmk!
16 Aug 2021, 19:53 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Well, from the perspective of an arranged team:

You're going to want to be able to counter lefh 18s which means choosing a commander with a targeted, small-area bombardment. For me, that's been the IL-2 bomb drop but I think USF's infantry company time on target barrage gets the job done too.

You will also want commander choices that will let you call in loiter aircraft (primarily to be used defensively to keep away from schwerer HQ aa fire) and artillery.

AVRE commanders and ISU-152 commanders are good for wiping veteran infantry.

In much of the early and mid game your actions and build orders are going to be map dependent. If there are key buildings that need to be held then you are going to want to get units inside them or prepare counters or ignore the garrison.

Allied infantry with LMGs are great so that usually means getting elite infantry like Guards or Airborne. Vickers K halftrack drop for the Brits (or even Vikers K drops for your Soviet conscript friends). Infantry company for USF, too.
16 Aug 2021, 20:54 PM

Many allied units synergize well. From simple stuff like a Soviet mortar flare providing sight for flanks or USF pak howies. To the SU85 providing sight for Jacksons and Fireflys.

I have seen soviet repair bunkers for brit OP late game tanks turn the tides as well. Brit tanks are tough and when they are constantly attacking can overwhelm. Imagine a couple crocs followed by SU85s...

Soviet Urban Defense is always a game winner on city/building maps. I have played a match where a deep push and a forward HQ allowed me as USF airborn to feed MGs and AT guns to our forward spot.

And as GBPirate said you really need to focus on countering arty or dont even bother playing some games.

But the real issue is players not speaking the same language etc. So playing rando automatch really sucks because you know what will work but you cant get your partner to do it.
21 Aug 2021, 08:30 AM

Allied infantry with LMGs are great so that usually means getting elite infantry like Guards or Airborne. Vickers K halftrack drop for the Brits (or even Vikers K drops for your Soviet conscript friends). Infantry company for USF, too.

Unfortunately UKF can't drop Vickers K to their allies anymore, giving double Vickers to vetted Penals and Shock Troops made them actually useful which Relic despises.
21 Aug 2021, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2021, 20:54 PMRosbone
Many allied units synergize well. From simple stuff like a Soviet mortar flare providing sight for flanks or USF pak howies. To the SU85 providing sight for Jacksons and Fireflys.

I have seen soviet repair bunkers for brit OP late game tanks turn the tides as well. Brit tanks are tough and when they are constantly attacking can overwhelm. Imagine a couple crocs followed by SU85s...

Soviet Urban Defense is always a game winner on city/building maps. I have played a match where a deep push and a forward HQ allowed me as USF airborn to feed MGs and AT guns to our forward spot.

And as GBPirate said you really need to focus on countering arty or dont even bother playing some games.

But the real issue is players not speaking the same language etc. So playing rando automatch really sucks because you know what will work but you cant get your partner to do it.

You could also use Sniper flare or Recon from Soviet Industry to give your sieged KV-2 the ability to shoot past the middle VP on Rzhev winter, if you have a SU85 and a stolen PAK40 you can basically win the game right then and there unless they have Ele/Jagdtigers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★