Login

russian armor

Jaeger armor rework ability overlap

20 Jul 2021, 00:15 AM

seriously give me a reasonable answer why this commander have not 2 not 3 but 4! ability related to scouting might as well just renamed the commander "heavy reconnaissance doctrine" i thought the aim for this patch is to minimize the ability overlap

the halftrack upgrade are overlapping with the spoting scope and minimap detection while on top of that have recon plane too which is overlap by halftrack obs flare.. why ? because of OP the elephant are so that justifies all of this ability ?

i mean minimap detection can be swaped by ambush training for vehicle and ATG so they have "ambush first strike" which is thematic for the commander
or panzefaust 150 package in which grens are getting upgrade to their panzerfaust for increase damage and penetration or futher range of panzerfaust (by buying upgrade ofc free upgrade are not balanced) and give it panzerfaust icon in their unit badge to give indicator for the enemy to see
or even more radical are anti - tank ostruppen armed by 3-4 pzbusche and have ability panzerfaust volley (but they are too similiar to ptrs package cons but hey it an idea(actually no you get expensive pz gren or cheaper anti-tank ostruppen so it can make alternative))

"ohh they are gimmick" well yes, but i kinda like this gimmick rather than overlapping of ability.
but hey that my opinion i just didnt understand the focus of the patch are out of the windows for this commander...

EDIT : yup i forget that obs halftrack come with riegel mine but my point still stand...
or make that riegel mine bundle with my above suggestion and call it anti-tank kit
20 Jul 2021, 02:59 AM

The Mobile Observation Post is simply an effect of the Reigal Mine merge. Since Jaeger Armor already had the Reigal mines it got the MOP as a result. Basically a free buff for an ability it already had. It's also always had both spotting scopes and recon plane so that overlap was always there - just nobody ever complained because Elephant with Scopes was like 95% of the draw of the Commander.

Now yes, it IS pretty goofy that the commander has 3 different Recon abilities. But it's pretty logical how it ended up that way since the balance team probably didn't want to overbuff a commander that was and I assume probably still is MEGA meta for team games by swapping a Recon ability for something else more useful.
20 Jul 2021, 04:09 AM

I think they just chose something that had no risk of making things worse. They learned their lesson after the AT strafe
20 Jul 2021, 07:14 AM

The Mobile Observation Post is simply an effect of the Reigal Mine merge. Since Jaeger Armor already had the Reigal mines it got the MOP as a result. Basically a free buff for an ability it already had. It's also always had both spotting scopes and recon plane so that overlap was always there - just nobody ever complained because Elephant with Scopes was like 95% of the draw of the Commander.

Now yes, it IS pretty goofy that the commander has 3 different Recon abilities. But it's pretty logical how it ended up that way since the balance team probably didn't want to overbuff a commander that was and I assume probably still is MEGA meta for team games by swapping a Recon ability for something else more useful.

well 3(4 if you count flares) recon ability + ele is VERY effective in 4v4 where 1 player can carry whole recon operation for the entire team so 3 player can focus on off-map strikes and artillery without bother recon and anti tank duties(ngl i cheese this too i just focusing getting early ele and munis for recon (obs hftk when placed correctly eliminate suprise flanking manuver which is god tier oh dont forget flares for more accurate artillery barrage (suck it sov mortar)) while the other teammate focus other things) i don't say it was bad but it just weird having so many recon ability packed in one doctrine even overwatch theme commander only have 2 recon ability compare to this commander lol..

I think they just chose something that had no risk of making things worse. They learned their lesson after the AT strafe

yeah what can i say player tend to whining more rather than thinking how to counter new things (solving problem are far more difficult than typing i guess~)
yeah about AT strafe while thematic but create same problem as stuka dive bomb.. (while it prevent one shotted static artillery but instead one shotted mobile artillery and even do more than that lol betraying original focus of "heavy td commander cannot one shot artillery piece"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
Peru 23
unknown 22
United Kingdom 207
Germany 37
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W