Login

russian armor

Am I being stoopid or......

18 Jul 2021, 08:56 AM

This video from 2:30 onwards, he has sight of the whole map, from enemies leaving their base to no LOS blockers working.

Am I missing something?
18 Jul 2021, 09:04 AM

He is viewing a replay with FoW box unticked.
18 Jul 2021, 09:15 AM

Never watched a replay before?

18 Jul 2021, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 08:56 AMLatch

This video from 2:30 onwards, he has sight of the whole map, from enemies leaving their base to no LOS blockers working.

Am I missing something?

What the others said, plus:

If you're looking for someone that is maphacking, you'd do much better to turn fog of war on, then click follow camera. It will show you where the person is actually looking. I've ran into some obvious map hackers who spent most of their time looking deep in the fog of war. Some people are better at it and just look a little distance into it.

I've also had times where something would happen that caused me to think I was being map hacked when it turned out to not be. In one case, a LEFH shell landed directly on a tank being repaired in the fog of war and a Con squad that happened to be moving through the area. I lost so much that it was basically GG. In watching the replay, the player was firing the LEFH at near max range at a visible unit and the scatter just happened to send the shell into my other units.
23 Jul 2021, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 16:09 PMGrumpy

What the others said, plus:

If you're looking for someone that is maphacking, you'd do much better to turn fog of war on, then click follow camera. It will show you where the person is actually looking. I've ran into some obvious map hackers who spent most of their time looking deep in the fog of war. Some people are better at it and just look a little distance into it.

Looking in the fog of war is a regular for me, I look for trees being knocked over and other items of the terrain etc, indicating armour moving through the area. I'd suggest many players do exactly the same thing, so a player looking into the fog of war is not a great sign of MH.

Better to look for other signs, like tech choices, avoiding mines and launching attacks in the weakest points of your army with no scouting.

23 Jul 2021, 03:37 AM

Looking in the fog of war is a regular for me, I look for trees being knocked over and other items of the terrain etc, indicating armour moving through the area. I'd suggest many players do exactly the same thing, so a player looking into the fog of war is not a great sign of MH.

Better to look for other signs, like tech choices, avoiding mines and launching attacks in the weakest points of your army with no scouting.

It's subjective and depends on the amount and the timing. The last time I reported someone, they started the game watching the outside of my base on Steppes. There definitely wasn't tanks or crushed trees at less than a minute.

Most people look into the FOW at times, especially if there is a Sturmtiger around as you can get an approximate location by the sound of the engine when it is moving.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★