Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
1 Dec 2013, 08:21 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 07:41 AMKhan
This sounds promising. Will give it a shot. Is it possible to play automatch with this? (With other people running the mod obviously)

Also, THIS:

Problem: Snipers are too dominating.
Solutions:
- Increase reload
- Change cloak mechanic (passive cloak like in CoH2)
- Buff the counters ie Jeep/bike

The implementation of this would make 2v2 more viable again. Great initiative guys, keep it up! :)

No no no passive cloack for snipers. This is not coh2.

Increase the recloack time, remove the 50/50 hit chance on the move because its not rewarding at all, its already hard to cs, just to see the miss, there's no reward for your skill, its like getting trolled. Instead set the damage to 50% on the move/retreat and 100% while standing still. And voila problem solved.

next tweak: remove suicidal mortar crew. Isn't possible to make it exactlty like the mg crew, the last member to retreat instead of killing himself? And probably give mortars more health or a different armour type, like heroic or make it a 4 men crew to increase their survivability.

The new croc rocks, although it still has that ridiculous 2 seconds aiming time. I hate when it stares at targets before deciding to fire.

1 Dec 2013, 11:59 AM

Why has the Croc been 110 fuel all this time, btw? Whats the reaosning behind it? Sure, it costs less manpower than a sherman, but when talking vehicles its fuel that's crucial.

Crocs used to be really powerful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPyjyDwq5A

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 08:21 AMFritzX

The new croc rocks, although it still has that ridiculous 2 seconds aiming time. I hate when it stares at targets before deciding to fire.

1.5 seconds, but yes it could use some kind of reduction OR removal. This would be the last buff to give to the Croc though as it's already in very good state.
1 Dec 2013, 13:15 PM

whoops failed edit
1 Dec 2013, 16:23 PM

The Croc wasn't working fine when it did less AI damage than the Sherman in all situations. The health buff was reverted not only in favor of the +5 range but also the minimum damage buff.

I'm not sold on the Bulldozer or .50 Cal because it's not addressing the main issue - the Flamethrower is less effective Anti-Infantry than the Sherman, and the Sherman can handle AV/AT as well.

It was changed on the same beta patch though, they never tested the changes together. The damage changes happened the patch before.

How would you buff it then? A straight damage increase or an Aoe increase or ..?
1 Dec 2013, 17:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Any chance of seeing these changes in coh beta?
1 Dec 2013, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 17:51 PMFritzX

Relic is not going to implement any balance changes, only return vcoh to how it was before steam.
1 Dec 2013, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 16:23 PM12ocky

It was changed on the same beta patch though, they never tested the changes together. The damage changes happened the patch before.

How would you buff it then? A straight damage increase or an Aoe increase or ..?

Back in the GR days, Kolaris suggested to increase projectile speed from 13.5 to 22 and reduce aim time from 1.5 to 0.25. I tested them when I was working on my balance mod, these 2 changes have made the flamer's DPS more reliable, thus increasing its AI effectiveness to a desirable level.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 17:51 PMFritzX

Balance changes are no-go I presume, even gameplay bugfixes are highly unlikely. That's sad to say the least, I have almost all bugs fixes in my hands (well on the hard drive :D). I doubt even if I could connect a Relic employee, to give them all (they are tested to perfection, only thing to do copy paste them) so they can apply them in the next retail patch (which gonna fix Steam issues), chances are high they wouldn't accept them. I would even agree to disclaim any rights to these bugfixes.
1 Dec 2013, 18:43 PM

What about granting less received penetration to the plow, when in use? This way the ability becomes more tactical, in offense or defense, rather then granting heavy crush.
Afaik Tommy added the 70HP already to the standard croc, because it is preupgraded.
However i would like to see the Croc having still the choice of upgrading 50cal and plow (similar to a fast m8, you would go fast croc and invest your muni into croc upgrades)
1 Dec 2013, 18:55 PM

I streamed some EliteMod vs Rocky today testing out some new changes (squad AI, croc) and talked a bit about my plans for stuff to look at next: http://www.twitch.tv/thefrontlinenetwork/b/484236678 (from about 1:07:00)

But in essence, the stuff I'm looking to tweak for next update:
- StuH damage (make it more reliable)
- Officer (minor tweaks)
- Snipers (again, might try increasing detection radius or upkeep)
1 Dec 2013, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 16:23 PM12ocky

It's the same situation really. If you think about making the Croc more viable, a health buff or starting with a Bulldozer are excellent ideas.

The problem is the Croc is viable. It's a good purchase on its own merits. It's not, however, when you weigh it against a Sherman.

So you want a buff that's not just making the Croc stronger, but that gives it a specialty over the Sherman. A high risk, high reward unit against T2 heavy strats.

Things I'd consider:
- Higher damage against Elite Armour
- Higher damage against Bunkers
- Removal of 1.5s Aim Time
- Faster Projectile Speed
- Larger AoE

You want something that excels at driving a T2 player off the map. It's already great against Paks, but it still has trouble hitting moving infantry (Aim Time, Projectile Speed, AoE). Letting it deal with Bunkers without the need for Infantry Co. would be a big help for Armour or Airborne.
1 Dec 2013, 19:05 PM

Buffing damage just against elite armour might be pushing it into a corner. Removing the aim time and giving it a higher AoE are definitely viable though, I might switch those in next patch instead of the 50 cal and dozer and see how it works out in comparison.
1 Dec 2013, 19:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Leave the 50 cal man, its so cool.
1 Dec 2013, 19:13 PM

What about granting less received penetration to the plow, when in use? This way the ability becomes more tactical, in offense or defense, rather then granting heavy crush.
Afaik Tommy added the 70HP already to the standard croc, because it is preupgraded.
However i would like to see the Croc having still the choice of upgrading 50cal and plow (similar to a fast m8, you would go fast croc and invest your muni into croc upgrades)

Yeah Since you can trade speed for being able to take a couple more shots, allows for some nice reverse tricks.
1 Dec 2013, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 19:11 PMFritzX
Leave the 50 cal man, its so cool.

Yeah I think it's pretty cool too :P

Could possibly leave the 50 cal, but remove the free dozer, but knock both upgrades down to 50 munis (so 100 muni total investment gets you fully upgraded like the M8).
1 Dec 2013, 19:22 PM

Active Bulldozer/Mine Flail lowering received penetration a tad actually sounds pretty cool to me. Not necessary, but cool.
1 Dec 2013, 19:26 PM

I like the Idea of Croc being the go to counter for T2 rather than sherman :D
1 Dec 2013, 19:28 PM

By the way has the reduced 24 manpower on rifle resupply worked out, I haven't been able to test it that much but it seems like it has been good.
1 Dec 2013, 19:35 PM

By the way has the reduced 24 manpower on rifle resupply worked out, I haven't been able to test it that much but it seems like it has been good.

I think it's worked out well. The US has a lot more breathing room now when it comes to flanking. In real terms the difference isn't massive (if you reinforce 100 rifles over the course of a game, it's only 300mp total saved) but it's just enough to make the early game not quite so decisive when it comes to a single failed flank.
1 Dec 2013, 20:21 PM

On the sniper part, as everyone has said I think 100% counter snipe exept on retreat is the way to go, with the reduced accuracy with blobbing the snipers, also adding a 1 second of so timer on cloak so you can't spam it is good.
1 Dec 2013, 20:41 PM

Permanently Banned
What do you guys think about my suggestion regarding sniper?
- Accuracy 100% all the time and set the damage to 50% on the move/retreat and 100% while standing still.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS