Login

russian armor

Dealing with Sturmtiger in recent patch

5 Jul 2021, 09:07 AM

Has anyone else come up against this beast in the current patch?

I've been against it twice now, in 2v2 and 3v3. Both times it was a total nightmare to deal with.

In the 3v3 match, it walked into a wall of 3 AT guns (mix of American and Soviet) and still reversed away with 70% health.

It feels like it has way too much armour and health.
5 Jul 2021, 10:32 AM

But it's meant to deal with pure AT gun walls, it's the main purpose of the Sturmtiger. It sounds like your error here was not building tank destroyers.

It's the same with most heavies. KT, Crocodile, ISU152 and to a lesser extent IS2, KV2 and Tiger are all there to deal with AT guns and usually require you to build a TD
5 Jul 2021, 12:29 PM

I think thats a fair comment.

In the second game, once it was on the field, I went for Jackson straight away and if i'd have managed to get double Jackson, I think I could have held it off.

But by the time we got to that point, the damage was done I think.
5 Jul 2021, 13:47 PM

have u tried the new B4? u r complaining about a unit in a totally useless doc apart from the unit iteslf. id argue even the sturmtiger feels very underwhelming compared to the new buffed B4 or the avre( which also have way better commander abilities compared to elite arm)
the sturmtiger does not have a turret, it also have a very long aim time which means u should be able to predict and dodge the inc shell. this is very diff in the situation with B4 or the Avre.
once it fires it becomes totally useless for ~1-2 min(reload + repair + moving it back on the field). u should use this time to position ur tds as aera said.
also not to mention the shell can be blocked by many objects such as houses or even some poles/trees, a good tip is to learn the map and remember which environmental object can block the shell and bait out the shot.

seems like a pure l2p issues
5 Jul 2021, 15:46 PM

I don't even know what to say. Sturmtiger OP now? Wow.
20 Jul 2021, 12:00 PM

I've since played more games with vs this unit and still had problems dealing with it even with double jacksons. My teammate had issues too with 3 T34-85.

Even when we managed to get it snared, it managed to limp away despite taking multiple jackson shots.

So I maintain that it's OP.
20 Jul 2021, 13:24 PM

TBH a comment was made, yes Sturmtiger is VERY goos in this patch, not to say borderline OP but the way to deal with is TD's and some spaced up ATg to avoid tac nuke. if u want more ideas on how to deal with provide a replay and ask for feedback.
6 Aug 2021, 09:14 AM

So i've been using this unit when playing OKW (May as well benefit from its strength)... AND I still believe it's a bit OP. I think the issue is it has a little too much HP/Armour. It can take too many pens from a Jackson or SU85 and still reverse away.
8 Oct 2021, 12:10 PM

sturm is broken. 100% games x1 okw are losing on late game go for sturm and than 90% win. need nerf u movespeed at least and HP. Like american u AT is useless against him. MG ever will be a target of him. U better chance is use just indirect fire (mortar and how) to deal with enemy MGs + strong infantry (2bar squads, rangers, paratrooper) and go for TD. and most importante, pray.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 21
unknown 17
New Zealand 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak