Login

russian armor

Barbed wire building exit trap

13 Jun 2021, 12:20 PM

Hi guys

I have encountered barbed wire building trap for the first time. It was done in a way that before the doors there was barbed wire in a V formation. Which allows units to exit the building but can't move any further.

That would be fine but my problem was that my mg team was able to enter the building but when they left it, they were trapped. Is that suppose to happen? When unit can't leave they shouldn't be able to enter the building? Is that bug or just some kind of mechanics?

Anyway I don't think it's that useful as you probably have eng team with removal package already but it can be annoying and can surprise. I've never encountered it before - so I was little bit surprised.

So is that some kind of useful tactics or just meme thing?

Thanks
13 Jun 2021, 12:31 PM

Press tab and right click the other side of the building (where there should be a door). You will then exit through that door.

Now it's possible to create a trap on a one-door-only house like above but I don't think ppl consider it a real problem (prob due to the rarity of such houses), or at least when I brought it up in the past no one was really concerned.
13 Jun 2021, 12:57 PM

Press tab and right click the other side of the building (where there should be a door). You will then exit through that door.

Yeah just to clarify it. They entered the building trough the door which was wired. The second door was blocked off.
13 Jun 2021, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2021, 12:57 PMpagep

Yeah just to clarify it. They entered the building trough the door which was wired. The second door was blocked off.

Ah right. Supposedly in that situation, wire blocking both exits will result in passable wire (haven't tried it out). But as you've seen, if the V is far enough from the door then it doesn't register. Some will prob say that you should have spotted it being both exits blocked off, pretty unpleasant trick either way.
13 Jun 2021, 16:59 PM

Ah right. Supposedly in that situation, wire blocking both exits will result in passable wire (haven't tried it out). But as you've seen, if the V is far enough from the door then it doesn't register. Some will prob say that you should have spotted it being both exits blocked off, pretty unpleasant trick either way.

Making a Stormtrooper petting zoo isn't any more unpleasant than Close the Pocket.
14 Jun 2021, 01:00 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

This is more or less "working as intended". It's supposed to be a trap to give your opponents the reward for placing wire and you not paying attention etc. You can enter through these since all models need to be a certain range from the door to go inside the house. However all models leave from the door and cannot move beyond the wire.
14 Jun 2021, 01:16 AM

i agree that if u entered u should be able to exit it shouldnt have let u enter in the first place
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★