Login

russian armor

4v4 balance improvement

14 May 2021, 07:55 AM

UKF: is in a similar position to OKW, that they only shined at late game (remember they sucked hard on 1v1). They will probable get over run by release Osttruppen/Assault Grenadier commander with FHT hitting the field soon after.

I don't remember much of the buffs for UKF early... only nerfs on IS & UC. Am I missing something here?
14 May 2021, 14:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't remember much of the buffs for UKF early... only nerfs on IS & UC. Am I missing something here?

Meta. Sniper/Mortar/CAS.

UKF had strong tools that took tech resources to unlock. That was only possible on teamgames. They would get over run by lack of map control, specially against sniper play. AEC had not been buffed yet against infantry and you couldn't countersnipe at all because recloak times and mechanics were different at that time.

You would be over run by LMG42 Gren spam with sniper support using CAS resource conversion or standard play into PIVs.

The only good points of release UKF were:

-5 man IS with double bren (although it made them into piñatas due to vet3 scoped rifles)
-5 man vet3 cheap RE with attack ground PIATs against heavy/super heavies.
-Crocs and Churchills
-Centaur/Bofors and mortar pits.
-Doctrinal offmap.

As you can see, everything good was late game/team game oriented. Things like Comet/FF didn't had projectiles yet (high accuracy) therefore smoke hardcountered them. FF required expensive Tulips and was the equivalent of playing a B4 to 1 shot vehicles.
15 May 2021, 00:57 AM

I actually miss the days of when Firefly was good.

I still the core issue of 4v4s right now is the dominance of Panthers and the weak power of counters to them. They trade too well with tanks that are supposed to counter them. I think Firefly could be better for the high cost you have to sink into it.

I've made a thread here discussing the Firefly and preferably getting a buff to them: https://www.coh2.org/topic/108449/firefly-is-too-weak

I think a buff to the firefly would give UKF a late-game option to fight against Panther spam and would generally make 4v4s more tolerable. UKF are already great with Comet/Churchill late game but giving the option of Firefly as a good mobile counter to Panthers would balance it even better.

Just my thoughts.

I do not support nerfing the Panther in any way. I think its a great tank but I think the counters to this great tank are not good enough.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★