Login

russian armor

Change rush-walking stuka timing for 3v3/4v4

9 May 2021, 11:33 AM

Its ok when grayhound is cp4 because "1v1 balance" but we dont give a fuck about early stuka in team games
9 May 2021, 11:36 AM

Its ok when grayhound is cp4 because "1v1 balance" but we dont give a fuck about early stuka in team games

Teamgames will never be balanced
9 May 2021, 11:43 AM

Teamgames will never be balanced

To be honest mod team fix most problems but for some reason they leave stuka and even buff it.
16 Jun 2021, 14:11 PM

how about that stuka has reduced performance 4 out of 6 rockets, until schwere is built?

sometimes the fuel can be denied by the enemy for a long time, and OKW needs the fuel to loosen the enemy grip on certain points.

sometimes there is no other choice for OKW players than to go for stuka, and i think my suggestion is best of both worlds, it would wipe less in the beginning, and then reach full capacity later on
18 Jun 2021, 19:49 PM

The stuka timing does need looking at for team games as it is a tad obnoxious with how quickly it arrives at the moment.

However, I'd be happy for it to stay with its current timing if they changed its firing pattern. At present it simply nullifies support weapons completely. Often wiping 2 with the same barrage.
18 Jun 2021, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2021, 19:49 PMGrim
The stuka timing does need looking at for team games as it is a tad obnoxious with how quickly it arrives at the moment.

However, I'd be happy for it to stay with its current timing if they changed its firing pattern. At present it simply nullifies support weapons completely. Often wiping 2 with the same barrage.

Only AT guns or MGs.
If you have 2+ indirects, they should never be wiped with one stuka strike. You always have to make sure they are apart. Could be harder in 3v3+ maps, but doable nonetheless.
AT guns should be together so there's that.
MGs... meh. On redball they are usually together "locking" down one VP/fuel lane.

Is stuka a bit too soon in teamgames? Probably
Is it OP? I don't think so.
18 Jun 2021, 21:51 PM

Only AT guns or MGs.
If you have 2+ indirects, they should never be wiped with one stuka strike. You always have to make sure they are apart. Could be harder in 3v3+ maps, but doable nonetheless.
AT guns should be together so there's that.
MGs... meh. On redball they are usually together "locking" down one VP/fuel lane.

Is stuka a bit too soon in teamgames? Probably
Is it OP? I don't think so.

Or mortars, pak howitzers and land mattresses. Basically every support weapon barring heavy artillery.

Many maps simply do not allow for adequate spacing of units. Believe it or not 'just move further apart' had crossed my mind.

Ultimately it having maps 3/4 times as big would solve a plethora of balancing issues. But sadly I doubt relic is going to remake every map.
19 Jun 2021, 02:05 AM

WARNING: I know this is very debatable topic.
And I do believe OKW needs some buff on late-game volks(with possibly buff on 4-5 vet maybe) to compensate it's low WR in 1v1, but I just wanted to give it a shot.

Despite low WR of OKW in 1v1, it is still dominating faction in 3v3/4v4.
So this suggestion is to minimize impact on OKW in 1v1/2v2, yet somehow make it weak in 3v3/4v4 (or at least delay it's timing).

Delaying the timing would only make the design problems with it worse. It's been buffed because the fuel cost is so high that it badly delays getting the first tank out. There is a lot of risk in getting one. Making matters worse, it's an all or nothing barrage, so it has been made to hit really hard when it does. The problem with that is in the larger team games, they become a target-rich environment for the Walking Stuka. With the concentration of units, it becomes impossible to dodge or reposition every time you hear the sound. Mass retreating just leads to losses, so you start guessing where the rockets are going to hit. Guess wrong once or twice, lose your vetted infantry and you'll lose the game.

It'd really be a lot better if the fuel cost was lowered and the AOE was made larger to make it less all-or-nothing, but the OHK radius was dramatically shrunk so that it didn't wipe complete squads.
19 Jun 2021, 04:49 AM

just get clowncar with ptrs penals and he won't have many units on the field if he rush stuka its easy to kill
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★