23 Apr 2021, 08:10 AM

HQ:
- Riflemen
- Rear
- Ambulance
- Mortar

Platoon: 30fuel
- ATgun
- Supportgun (requires Mechanize Platoon OR Company)
Mechanize Platoon: 30fuel
- Lieu (400mp), has double Bar by default
- AAHT

Company: 30fuel
- MG
- M20 (requires Mechanize Company OR Platoon)
Mechanize Company: 30fuel
- Cap (400mp), has double Zook by default
- Stuart

Battalion: 90fuel
- Sherman
- Carrier
Mechanize Battalion: 30fuel
- Major
- Jackson
- Doc tanks

=========================================
.Lieu, Cap, Major are no more free squads, you have to buy them in Mechanize tech. This is to avoid getting 2 free squads mid game for USF.

.Players who go for Platoon & Company tech will get 2 free squads, while the units diversity is really low mid game (Riflemen, Rear, Lieu, Cap + weapon teams). This new tech will give them various units in mid game no matter which tech they go.

.There are many tech paths for USF to pick. Each of them is unique
-Platoon(AT) + Company(AI): ATgun, supportgun, MG, M20
-Platoon(AT) + MechaPlat(AI): ATgun, supportgun, Lieu, AAHT
-Company(AI) + MechaCom(AT): MG, M20 , Cap, Stuart

I dont know how to ping people in this forum, I wish to ping Sander
23 Apr 2021, 08:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I only had a quick look so far, but do you want tech to cost fuel only or the same MP as now?

In case you want to keep the MP cost: 400 MP officers are bad, even if they come upgraded. USF needs the free squads because they are quite MP inefficient once you reach 3 Rifles due to those being expensive and RE lacking punch at any phase in the game (combined with an MP expensive ambu). If you have to spend even more MP on tech and squads, this will be the death for all USF elite infantry
23 Apr 2021, 08:36 AM

HQ:
- Riflemen
- Rear
- Ambulance
- Mortar

Platoon: 30fuel
- ATgun
- Supportgun (requires Mechanize Platoon OR Company)
Mechanize Platoon: 30fuel
- Lieu (400mp), has double Bar by default
- AAHT

Company: 30fuel
- MG
- M20 (requires Mechanize Company OR Platoon)
Mechanize Company: 30fuel
- Cap (400mp), has double Zook by default
- Stuart

Battalion: 90fuel
- Sherman
- Carrier
Mechanize Battalion: 30fuel
- Major
- Jackson
- Doc tanks

=========================================
.Lieu, Cap, Major are no more free squads, you have to buy them in Mechanize tech. This is to avoid getting 2 free squads mid game for USF.

.Players who go for Platoon & Company tech will get 2 free squads, while the units diversity is really low mid game (Riflemen, Rear, Lieu, Cap + weapon teams). This new tech will give them various units in mid game no matter which tech they go.

.There are many tech paths for USF to pick. Each of them is unique
-Platoon(AT) + Company(AI): ATgun, supportgun, MG, M20
-Platoon(AT) + MechaPlat(AI): ATgun, supportgun, Lieu, AAHT
-Company(AI) + MechaCom(AT): MG, M20 , Cap, Stuart

I dont know how to ping people in this forum, I wish to ping Sander

That's simply bad.

The free squad is completely mandatory actually since it doesn't bring anymore an outnumber but the same number of unit your opponent already have on the field. You'll have to severely reduce the cost of T1 or T2 to make it balanced with the mandatory 4th riflemen your revamp impose to the player. It also reduce the diversity of the faction going back into 4 rifles BO almost every game unless picking a commander with call-in infantry.

Second point is early lieutnant zook is also mandatory, with your logic USF player going company tech doesn't have a single early AT counter before investing 60 fuel and then 400mp or 70 fuel more on a stuart.

third point is the complete lack of shock value before getting 60 fuel invested on one tier, how are you supposed to fight early pzgren followed by 222 if everything that have the same shock value is locked behind 60 fuel tech

23 Apr 2021, 13:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 08:36 AMEsxile

third point is the complete lack of shock value before getting 60 fuel invested on one tier, how are you supposed to fight early pzgren followed by 222 if everything that have the same shock value is locked behind 60 fuel tech

At least in that regard, currently everything is locked behind 55 fuel tech, so that's not a huge difference.
23 Apr 2021, 15:16 PM

I didnt think free squads are so needed.
But still, if tech MP cost much lower to compensate "no free squads. Will it fix anything?

I just dont like the fact 70fuel tech give you 2 free squads with only MG and AT
23 Apr 2021, 16:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Manpower cost for the tech structures was increased a few patches ago when they reworked USF teaching. I'd argue that it's in a good spot at the moment.

A 70FU investment that gives you access to both the MG and ATG is all you need. You have two extra Riflemen-equivalent squads for infantry power and the tools to deal with everything the enemy can field against you. You lack the light vehicle powerspike but it's a safer, steadier option.
23 Apr 2021, 16:42 PM

At least in that regard, currently everything is locked behind 55 fuel tech, so that's not a huge difference.

Racks and ambulance would like to have a word with you.
23 Apr 2021, 18:17 PM

The Manpower cost for the tech structures was increased a few patches ago when they reworked USF teaching. I'd argue that it's in a good spot at the moment.

A 70FU investment that gives you access to both the MG and ATG is all you need. You have two extra Riflemen-equivalent squads for infantry power and the tools to deal with everything the enemy can field against you. You lack the light vehicle powerspike but it's a safer, steadier option.

I wish the captain/LT came out slightly faster but the mechanized research took slightly longer. It feels like forever that you're fighting with either 2-3 rifles waiting for them to come out.
23 Apr 2021, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wish the captain/LT came out slightly faster but the mechanized research took slightly longer. It feels like forever that you're fighting with either 2-3 rifles waiting for them to come out.

If you're planning on getting both, get Captain and rush LT. I do that almost all the time, and I get a Captain + LT powerspike to push out.
23 Apr 2021, 19:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 16:42 PMEsxile

Racks and ambulance would like to have a word with you.

And nothing of this is changed by OP's suggestion.
If anything, you could tech those a bit later because you could buy a doubly upgraded squad.
23 Apr 2021, 20:38 PM

And nothing of this is changed by OP's suggestion.
If anything, you could tech those a bit later because you could buy a doubly upgraded squad.

By OP's suggestion you would have to get 4 rifles to stay relevant early game. Instead of having a superior unit from tech (lt or cpt) and associate it with your next unit from tech, you'll be stuck with having to chose between them.

Some time ago I would have agree with this proposal to get ride of the free units but today other factions have been balanced around it already.
23 Apr 2021, 20:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 20:38 PMEsxile

By OP's suggestion you would have to get 4 rifles to stay relevant early game. Instead of having a superior unit from tech (lt or cpt) and associate it with your next unit from tech, you'll be stuck with having to chose between them.

Some time ago I would have agree with this proposal to get ride of the free units but today other factions have been balanced around it already.

The point I quoted was you saying that 60 fuel is too much as a preinvestment before getting an LV. The MP and build order is another issue, I only wanted to point out that fuel wise, not much changes from live to OP's suggestion
24 Apr 2021, 06:47 AM

The point I quoted was you saying that 60 fuel is too much as a preinvestment before getting an LV. The MP and build order is another issue, I only wanted to point out that fuel wise, not much changes from live to OP's suggestion

Fuel wise your first soft counter to 222 or 221 is gated behind 60 fuel instead of coming on the lieutenant. Fuel wise you have nothing to counter pzgren before 60 fuel and tech the 400mp captain instead of having him with one bar. I'm fully aware that change nothing for the lv timing but those aren't the topic here, i'm talking getting cpt or lt and what they bring to the player 30 fuel and 400 mp later with nothing to compensate it. As I said, before the ostheer revamp I would have agree, not anymore today.
25 Apr 2021, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2021, 06:47 AMEsxile

Fuel wise your first soft counter to 222 or 221 is gated behind 60 fuel instead of coming on the lieutenant. Fuel wise you have nothing to counter pzgren before 60 fuel and tech the 400mp captain instead of having him with one bar. I'm fully aware that change nothing for the lv timing but those aren't the topic here, i'm talking getting cpt or lt and what they bring to the player 30 fuel and 400 mp later with nothing to compensate it. As I said, before the ostheer revamp I would have agree, not anymore today.

Do u think PzGren behind Phase1 tech was because of Double Lieu Cap?
Do u think PzGren goes back to Tier2 will make my USF tech more reasonable?
26 Apr 2021, 09:32 AM

Snip

No. Terrible. All of it.
26 Apr 2021, 09:33 AM

I didnt think free squads are so needed. I just dont like the fact 70fuel tech give you 2 free squads with only MG and AT

Get over it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS