Login

russian armor

USF is confusing

• This thread is locked
8 Apr 2021, 20:15 PM

Learning the factions (old COH1 player, so the tactical aspect is there, just not the knowledge), the USF has arti options stashed in a lot of places and officers that I'm unclear if they provide an aura.

I'm trying to get a handle on a few things, please advise:

1) Do the officers have any sort of aura?

2) The LT has an "always run" vet 3. While that's great, what's the point if only his expensive squad does it?

3) is there a difference in Captain bazooka and regular?

4) Is it worth having a captain other than supervise? Expensive infantry squad...
8 Apr 2021, 20:50 PM

1) No. However they have something called "shared veterancy", meaning they receive veterancy (xp) from friendly nearby units that deal damage, even if the officer squad itself doesnt shoot at all

2) The point is just that the squad becomes more mobile outside of combat, that's it.

3) No. The only infantry squads that get a better elite version of the bazooka are paratroopers and rangers. Elite bazookas deal more damage and have more penetration.

4) Yes, a Captain is still an excellent fighting squad. It's only a tiny bit weaker than Lieutenant and Riflemen
8 Apr 2021, 21:07 PM

Thanks!

Ok, so use the Captain and Lieutenant, but don't replace them? There are so many unique units in USF, but a lot of them are one-shot wonders, like the Captain. The LT nets me a quick bazooka, but then falls off after mid game.

So many damn individual abilities to keep track off, lol
8 Apr 2021, 21:22 PM

It might be helpful to note that LT and Captain has a Thompson SMG model so they are slightly better at close range than your standard Rifleman squad.

Captain gets a single 60 muni BAR without weapon rack upgrade requirement so usually you can just rush Captain then rush the upgrade for a good early game boost. The only problem is the Captain takes a while to unlock so you're weak until then. When you have grenade unlocked, the Captain can smoke MGs and push them by themselves fairly easily. "On me" is also a very useful ability at vet 1. The combo is you send in another rifleman squad first to take the first MG burst, Captain squad sends out smoke grenade and then uses "On me" on the suppressed Rifleman squad who then goes to throw a grenade into the smoke. Alternately you can use a rifleman squad to scout ahead with the Captain squad behind. If they get suppressed or pin, just use "On me" to pull them back and out of danger. Its very good.

LT/Captain tends to fall off near mid game but they are still very powerful support units. LT at vet 3 become a very fast AT squad with 2 zooks. It can zip around the map to give you infantry based AT where its needed especially on a pre-snared tank. Same with vet 3 Captain and Major although I wouldn't put more than 1 weapon on the Major.
15 Dec 2021, 04:03 AM

USF's issue lately is a lot of overly expensive garbage-tier units and excessive tech costs.

Some examples of garbage-tier units costing too much:

Rear Echelon Troops
Pathfinders
Assault Engineers
M2 .50 cal HMG (not garbage-tier but overpriced)
M3 half-tracks (not garbage-tier but overpriced)
M20 Scout Car

Excessive tech costs

250 MP and 35 fuel for CPT or LT plus another 20 fuel and 50 before unlocking vehicles and making available tech to Major. That's 55 fuel and 300 MP just for that then another 120 fuel and 180 MP to get to Major so 480 MP and 175 fuel to get to T3 without access to weapon upgrades, grenades, unit healing, and doing without access to an MG or AT gun. Pretty friggen steep fuel costs I'd say.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★