Login

russian armor

How do you stop the OKW blob?

6 Apr 2021, 22:56 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

^^ Just can't combined arms against it early as soviets.

9 Apr 2021, 13:45 PM

I only play Soviet or UK, so I recognize your problem. I always start building penals, and in some cases a scoutcar (though the scoutcar seems to me more vulnerable since the winter patch, so I'm using is less and less).

Three penals combined with two flame engineers are a sweet combo too. Penals from distance, flames to close in. The penals with PTRS do great against vehicles too, and the engineers can lay some mines.

Only once the opponent strategy is more clear, I choose my commander. In case of continuous blobbing, it will be a commander with the 120mm mortar, or shocks or the commissar (with the grenade). If you can gather enough fuel, the T70 will help too or go for a "quick" katyusha.

Good luck.
9 Apr 2021, 15:16 PM

^^ Just can't combined arms against it early as soviets.

Penals, shocks and Guards are all capable of dealing with blobs as long as you use cover efficiently.

Or maxim spam (3-4), those are especially efficient on such a map. Just dont get stuck on conscripts pls vs OKW.
Just by looking at the construction orders it's easy to see you didnt have enough units on the field. 2 maxims 2 cons gets overrun too easily if the enemy uses LeIg/smoke or stukas

9 Apr 2021, 18:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Penals, shocks and Guards are all capable of dealing with blobs as long as you use cover efficiently.

Or maxim spam (3-4), those are especially efficient on such a map. Just dont get stuck on conscripts pls vs OKW.
Just by looking at the construction orders it's easy to see you didnt have enough units on the field. 2 maxims 2 cons gets overrun too easily if the enemy uses LeIg/smoke or stukas

South side of across the Rhein, so I was in that pocket and we had the eastern side of the map. My thought process was since there are a lot of cliffs and OKW struggles with MGs a lot of the time I could support team creep until I pushed them out of their fuel. What ended up happening is the central player who was also OKW threw a lot of their infantry at me from the side and the player who was in my lane went overwatch. JLI basically invalidated my MGs because they could see them before I could fire and conscripts have no chance against them once they're upgraded. After he knew my MG positions he could just throw all his infantry around the arc and force off both the infantry and support teams. So I'm trying to stabilize the infantry deficit because i'm down multiple infantry squads because I built support teams and my opponent just kept stacking infantry. Volks into JLI into Obers and I just couldn't catch up.

So i'm just not really sure what the play is there. Do you go T70 and poke and pray you get good damage out before a rak/p4 shows up or do you abandon the southern lane and try and support your team?

I was just really lost on what to build, because the JLI just invalidate green cover, machine guns, and my side has far less green than his. Guards are great when they're in cover but pretty medicore vs squads entrenched.

All this while we actually didn't have our own fuel, which is another problem in itself, but my lane was about pushing theirs.

Was playing 2s the other days and we actually got rolled by 120s, used to say they were pretty meh, but apparently they have the 90 degree cone where they don't have to rotate. My god that makes mortars so OP, I honestly think 120s are pretty good now. I think 120s would've been the way to go, but I can't think of any docs off my head that have 120s and guards except guard motor, and it's not terrible, but not in the typical 3v3 loadout I'd say.

Anyways, any more help or tips on this? ^^ Thanks for looking at it at least guys. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★