Login

russian armor

Dropping in multiplayer

27 Feb 2021, 05:10 AM

This will be fun:
1) Why does COH2 allow people to leave with no punishment? 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 are then screwed when someone rage drops. I'm just trying to play a game for fun and I don't care about the lost rank.

2) I quit games early or mid game when I realize I have a non-winning team. Because I'm trying to play a single fun game during my break rather than endure a team that turtles or blobs.

The simple math is that it is faster to quit and start a new game. Yes, I do hope the opposing team stays till the end. But you don't fix a broken system by suffering through. You play into the broken system until its dysfunction garners attention.
27 Feb 2021, 08:02 AM

How the game should distingue a drop from a bugsplat? What's your point anyway? First you want a punishment for the leavers, then say you do leave too.
27 Feb 2021, 17:39 PM

Break the system. Leave every game. Only when profits and reviews are affected will we see a change.

Just played one today and the entire game was discussing whether it was international players with bad connection or Relic/Sega that was to blame for the game being "dead" to multiplayer.

But, basically, the lack of any kind of reward/punishment system to oversee people dropping. That would quickly sort quitters and bad connection players to a pool that can enjoy each other's company and have a pool of players that remain in the game, thus fixing 2 problems at once.
27 Feb 2021, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 17:39 PMCinders
Only when profits and reviews are affected will we see a change.

What profits?
This is not life service game and its 6+ years after revenue peak, randoms leaving games affect nothing else but other randoms, together with creating an infinite loop of dropping game -> dropping rank -> getting matched with more noobs who drop game and down you go to infinity rank multiplayer hell.

In short, by leaving games you only make it worse for yourself by dropping rank and getting more people who drop.

And yes, its players with bad connection and shitty PCs that can't handle 4v4 noobfests.
27 Feb 2021, 19:26 PM

sort quitters and bad connection players to a pool

Actually, they are sorted by themselves somewhere beyond 1k rank.
27 Feb 2021, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 19:26 PMHater

No, there's been plenty documentation in MOBAs, which often has a similar system of "rank." Often called the "trench," you can't escape it by going through it. Games are not determined by skill, but by whose teammate rage quits first. Over enough games, it evens out to 50/50 and you can neither rise nor fall beyond a modest range.

In 1v1, this archaic system of "let the gods decide" works okay. 2v2 and above muddles the 80% curve of players, deciding their fate via the law of averages or they manage to be blessed/cursed in an anomaly. As with any large system of numbers, patterns do occur, such as players escaping the trench or skilled players falling to the bottom of the trench from a long series of quitters on their team. The olympian players and the clueless will not see a problem as they are not our average player. Those stuck in the trench will be unhappy while those that barely got out of it via skill + luck or, more often imho, mostly luck, will try to keep a lid on the system to maintain their benefit.

And, let's be honest, the AI is a death sentence. The enemy immediately pushes that side and capitalizes on their advantage. Now, in theory, a pro player might handle a 2v3. But this supposes that the other player on the pro's team is "onboard" and capable. But, true to human nature even as far back as the first shield formations, weak players will tend to hide in the shadow of the better player, collapsing a theoretical equal-push from the 2 players. Somebody like Helping Hans will lose in large matches as his fan/random teammates collapse and leave him to take massive losses.
27 Feb 2021, 21:35 PM

Playing 4v4 = Random results.

Recently I had a -15 streak as OKW and a +15 streak as OST. Rank is almost entirely by random chance of the teams chosen by the crappy relic match maker.

So dont even think about rank or winning games. It is not a real value.

Just play for 5 minutes then assess. Or get MakoCELO and drop in load against premades.

EZ.
24 Mar 2021, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 21:35 PMRosbone
Playing 4v4 = Random results.

Recently I had a -15 streak as OKW and a +15 streak as OST. Rank is almost entirely by random chance of the teams chosen by the crappy relic match maker.

So dont even think about rank or winning games. It is not a real value.

Just play for 5 minutes then assess. Or get MakoCELO and drop in load against premades.

EZ.

You're right. I'm quickly burned out on COH2 multiplayer due to the 4/5 games being false starts where one side quits right away or drops for unknown reasons.

I guess I wanted to explore the late-game aspects because small games are repetitious of build orders, speed, and resources. Probably like a lot of players, I'm intrigued by a grand strategy where I can use late game howitzers to shield my line during a blob assault or see if the trashpanda SturmTiger has any viability.
24 Mar 2021, 00:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2021, 19:26 PMHater

Again, I'm talking at bigger than 1v1.

Load up a 3v3 or 4v4, instantly a coin is flipped and a team has a drop. That team loses.

The bottom ranked players are probably the droppers, but anything beyond pro level players is just random based on "did you get the quit/drop?"

26 Mar 2021, 19:44 PM

Yeah, I meant ppl who drops constantly haven't learnt to restart the game after each match. Sure they drag someone down alongside, that's how you can easily get -10 streak of ~2 min matches, but still.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★