Login

russian armor

Episode 1 of "Company of Heroes History"

21 Feb 2021, 13:29 PM

Blitzkrieg under cocaine ! :clap:

Just say no, Klaus!

Episode 3 of Company of Heroes History is now online! Gnug315 and InuBasha battle it out on Angoville in another "Silver Replay" from Company of Heroes patch 1.2. Watch a brutal clash featuring heavy armour galore, ending in a frantic annihilation race!
24 Feb 2021, 19:23 PM

The first teamgame episode of Company of Heroes History features two of the strongest 2vs2 teams of early retail: iD (EyeOfTheStorm and Begs) and Ti (Smurf and MrGrunt). This battle on Lorraine features heavy support weapon usage in the early game as both teams seek a rapid transition to vehicular combat. Late game, the might of the Axis Tigers face off against the sheer numbers of the Allied War Machine.

If any mods are able to change thread title to something like "The Company of Heroes History Megathread" or something, that would be great!
26 Feb 2021, 19:38 PM
27 Feb 2021, 15:44 PM

My journey through Patch 1.2 comes to a clsoe with a new cast of, what I believe to be, the very best replay from that era of the game! After considering all of the top-rated and most-reviewed replays available, I present to you Ahenian vs Aniketos on Semois.

This game truly has it all! A mobile early game with ever-evolving map control evolves into a dynamic mid-game where the might of the Axis Sturm Armory goes up against the mobility and anti-infantry prowess of the Allied light vehicles. As we move into the late game and both players' Victory Points start to dwindle, heavy armor dominates the battlefield as the few remaining infantry squads desperately scramble to capture critical points and win the VP war.

I'd like to thank everyone who watched the videos on this channel so far! I hope you've enjoyed seeing the release build of Company of Heroes in action, including its strange quirks and idiosynchrasies. I've loved revisiting these early games, and particularly seeing how play-styles evolved and improved so quickly in those early few weeks.

As I move onto patch 1.3, please let me know if there's any particular games you remember fondly and would like to watch again. I'm very happy to take suggestions!
2 Mar 2021, 19:31 PM

Company of Heroes patch 1.3 was a story of gamebreaking bugs and gamechanging buffs. Relive some of them in this short game from the first days after the patch was released. Ahenian and Duwanii battle it out on Semois, demonstrating the reworked counter-sniper mechanics and newly buffed Defensive Doctrine!
3 Mar 2021, 05:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I finally got around to watching, good videos keep it up :thumb:

I enjoyed the blitz videos more where you went deeper into specific mechanics.
4 Mar 2021, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2021, 05:23 AMTobis
I finally got around to watching, good videos keep it up :thumb:

I enjoyed the blitz videos more where you went deeper into specific mechanics.

Thanks for watching and commenting! I have a couple of shorter episodes in the works, but for now I hope you'll like this new full-length episode: Airborne to the fore! Aniketos vs Nystrom
4 Mar 2021, 22:05 PM

Just wanted to say that I really really appreciate this series!! I'm obsessed with CoH. I actually did a similar thing just for myself and manually went through the old CoH1 patches watching a shitload of replays. I still can't wrap my head around how ahead of its time the first part was and how good the mechanics are. Unfortunately I'm personally just burnt out after 3600 gameplay hours and probably another 5000 hours of watching the game but these old games still do it for me. And your commentary is great as well!
5 Mar 2021, 00:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2021, 22:05 PMGiaA
Just wanted to say that I really really appreciate this series!! I'm obsessed with CoH. I actually did a similar thing just for myself and manually went through the old CoH1 patches watching a shitload of replays. I still can't wrap my head around how ahead of its time the first part was and how good the mechanics are. Unfortunately I'm personally just burnt out after 3600 gameplay hours and probably another 5000 hours of watching the game but these old games still do it for me. And your commentary is great as well!

Wow, thank you for the very kind words! I'm really happy you're enjoying the games and even my commentary! I think I did 2-3 shoutcasts in about 2007 (I dread to think how terrible they must have been), but this is my first experience of serious commentating. I hope I've already taken a few steps forward, and that the casting and observing will continue to improve with practice.

I totally echo your experience of revisiting the old games, too. I'm loving the process of going back through discussion threads and replays, and remembering all of the characters that made up the competitive scene. CoH was such an incredible achievement and, while PC gaming has moved on a lot in 15 years, it hasn't lost its charm for me.
5 Mar 2021, 02:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Your casts made me go back to vcoh. It's a gem indeed, I do wish it had some mechanics like true sight and reverse hotkey.
5 Mar 2021, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2021, 02:01 AMSpanky
Your casts made me go back to vcoh. It's a gem indeed, I do wish it had some mechanics like true sight and reverse hotkey.

What an honor! I'm glad the casts re-ignited your CoH fire :D
10 Mar 2021, 06:48 AM

11 Mar 2021, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 06:48 AMCyru$
subbed to your YT channel, keep em coming I love it!

Thank you so much for the support! I'm really glad you're enjoying the videos. Hopefully you'll get a notification as a subscriber, but for those that aren't I just uploaded the latest episode: NewName vs Challengerli on Angoville!

13 Mar 2021, 16:53 PM

Those who like the shorter "Blitz" episodes might enjoy this short experiment with the Sherman Smoke ability:

10 Jun 2021, 09:16 AM

Epilogue
I got busy with a new job, but found time to squeeze out a final episode of Company of Heroes History. Probably THE classic game played in the first year of vCoH!

14 Dec 2021, 05:33 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Please come back, I need more of these blast from the past casts.
14 Dec 2021, 05:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2021, 05:33 AMSpanky
Please come back, I need more of these blast from the past casts.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS