Login

russian armor

What the PRO's think of COH2

PAGES (11)down
27 Nov 2013, 00:27 AM

Just out of curiosity though - wasn't the 2.6 patch the work of community members and not Relic? You know, the patch that fixed the Roo carriers etc.
27 Nov 2013, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 23:59 PMSepha

I think the game still has a lot of potential to be good and Relic have been in this position before with a lot of players dropping out/not playing the game in vcoh. It was their continued support of vCoH that kept people coming back and playing and new people buying the game and they are more than capable of recognizing their mistakes with CoH2 and making changes accordingly.

From a players point of view though, you don't have to get angry about coh2 if you don't like it currently, just leave and play something else there are plenty more fun games out there to play and a lot of good ones are free on steam too. You don't have to endure CoH2 now if you think it's not fun, simply don't buy the micro transactions online and if the game is still not fun when the expansion comes around don't buy it.

Oh come on Joel...

You and I both know that what sparked a revitalization in the COH franchise was not "support". A good 1/3-1/2 of the entire community left prior to or immediately after ToV/OF was released. Yes, new players were added to the game as well. This was in no way due to Relic's support of the game but an expansion of the franchise designed to produce capital.

Let's call it what it is. Support does not = DLC or Expansion. That isn't "support". I call "support" when my cable service goes out. I don't call it because I'm bored with my TV or bored with NBC's lineup. Support implies help. It implies that something is wrong, and the company is going to help fix the problem. In this game, Balance/technical issues all fall under "support" and so far, this game hasn't been supported, at least properly. DLCs/Expansions do not fall under support. They fall under an entirely different category - like upgrading to a home DVR or something. Except, in this distorted analogy, I have to have the DVR in order to watch cable TV. Saying - Oh...just wait it out...come back 2 years from now might sound like a good idea to you. You got the game for free after all. Some people paid 100 bucks on a pre-order CE and are now being asked for more money.

27 Nov 2013, 00:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 23:59 PMSepha

I think the game still has a lot of potential to be good and Relic have been in this position before with a lot of players dropping out/not playing the game in vcoh. It was their continued support of vCoH that kept people coming back and playing and new people buying the game and they are more than capable of recognizing their mistakes with CoH2 and making changes accordingly.

From a players point of view though, you don't have to get angry about coh2 if you don't like it currently, just leave and play something else there are plenty more fun games out there to play and a lot of good ones are free on steam too. You don't have to endure CoH2 now if you think it's not fun, simply don't buy the micro transactions online and if the game is still not fun when the expansion comes around don't buy it.

Yeah... I'm not angry, i'm disappointed and pretty much have been since beta (in alpha, the state of the game was somewhat excusesable, the lack of changes from alpha to beta etc. somewhat turned me off). I've played 5 games since release. I didn't like the state of the game then, and from what i've heard i won't like it now. As i mentioned earlier: i think the game has potential, but the more time passes and the more DLC released, the less faith i have in the game being good or even great at some point in time.
27 Nov 2013, 06:58 AM

the game is garbage

COH2 is broken in so many ways and design elements its not even funny.

-RNG has a ridiculously big impact which should not be the case in a competetive RTS game.
Nothing is consistent (infantry criticals, mortars, artillery weapons, the whole flame weapon system, tanks/paks missing or not, penetration system, ram etc...) These are all random elements which you cant control and can very easily decide games.

and this is a big part of the reason why this game has an unbelievably low skill ceiling, imo its competing with CoD games in that category.

-the 2-3 second command lag is a huge issue, it further lowers the skill ceiling, cant react to nades or stop vehicle from moving in time which you could do otherwise.

-the building cover system is fucked, its way too strong and the only reliable counter early game is flamer which is only available on the vulnerable pios/engineers (not counting penals)
Snipers having 40% accuracy against units in buildings is a joke, another element that depends purely on luck.

-Autocover is terrible and can be really annoying. Units tend to crawl on the floor if you drop a nade close to them, if its a molotov units often crawl back to the fire and die thanks to autocover and random chance of death by fire. Snipers ignore attack command and start crawling towards the enemy.

-vehicle pathing is horrible, nuff said.

-blizzards on winter maps add nothing but frustration and annoyance, they are fucking horrible.

-all these op DLC commanders are just sad, they ruin this already fucked game even more.

-terrible map design in many cases that hugely favor one side like langres, road to kharkov, kholodny etc.

-the whole bulletin system is the most retarded thing i have ever seen for a RTS game.

-The complete lack of any kind of information regarding what units/abilities actually do, dps values, health pool etc.

-No SLI support. Im forced to play on low settings with a gtx690 cos of it. Its just ridiculous.

And lets not forget about all the missing multiplayer elements that even 10-15 old year games had on release.

-No Ladder/Leaderboards. You cant even see your elo rating.

-No ingame Lobby for custom games.

-No spectator mode... this one is just too funny

-Outdated replay system.

And probably many other things i forgot to include.

Its no wonder the game is dead, in fact it was dead on release already.

Holy shit dude, you read my mind. You hit the nail on the head for the reasons I don't play any more.
28 Nov 2013, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 11:49 AMrejfor
I love COH2 more than COH1 - I can't understand why are you telling me about "COH1 was perfect". Relic removed ALL stupid things COH1 suffered of - useless Allied mortars, buyable Wehr veterancy, immortal snipers, annoying pushmobiles (jeeps, bikes, kettens), Allied tanks that sucked German vechicles's dick, I can continue. Game is more fast now - it's good I think.

Let's be honest - COH2 can't gain money like League of Legends for example because of its WW2 theme. Not so many people like it. And not so many people play RTS nowdays. Real RTS with base building, tiers and resourses. It requires some skill and time. So these DLC is their only choice. But price for these DLC is too high IMO. They should reduce it.

And I agree about linear Commander abilities - it can be more interesting.

What planet are you from? Seriously.
28 Nov 2013, 09:09 AM

-No SLI support. Im forced to play on low settings with a gtx690 cos of it. Its just ridiculous.

And lets not forget about all the missing multiplayer elements that even 10-15 old year games had on release.

-No Ladder/Leaderboards. You cant even see your elo rating.

-No ingame Lobby for custom games.

-No spectator mode... this one is just too funny

-Outdated replay system.

And probably many other things i forgot to include.

Its no wonder the game is dead, in fact it was dead on release already.

If anyone wants to further discuss those things mentioned by HolyHammer, please head on to: http://www.coh2.org/topic/11322/missing-content-in-coh2
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS