Login

russian armor

Where to find Attack Move-Stop-Retreat

17 Nov 2020, 22:40 PM

I can not find these in the attribute editor as actions or abilities. An extensive search of the forums has not helped either. Although I vaguely remember reading something about core actions being assigned to squads when they are spawned? But can't recall if that was COH1 or 2.

I have created a unique vehicle Retreat Point available on the Resupply Halftrack that I want only vehicles to retreat to. But I can not for the life of me find the "Retreat Button" to add to the vehicle command card. Can someone point me in the right direction please.
18 Nov 2020, 05:52 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You can add the retreat button by adding 'squad_retreat_ext' to your squad in sbps. This contains a list 'retreat_building_types' with the entity types to which the squad will retreat.
18 Nov 2020, 07:01 AM

Really? Yes, I am was aware I had to add the 'squad_retreat_ext' but I did not realize that it was the mechanism to add the retreat button. Thankyou very much.

So, what determines the ui_position for the retreat button? I guess I do not have any control over the location? I think reverse replaces retreat in position 14. I'll give it a go and see how they sort each other out.
18 Nov 2020, 07:29 AM

You can add the retreat button by adding 'squad_retreat_ext' to your squad in sbps. This contains a list 'retreat_building_types' with the entity types to which the squad will retreat.

I added the 'squad_retreat_ext', and the building type I wanted the vehicle to retreat to. The retreat button replaced the reverse button in position 14. When I told the vehicle to retreat to the halftrack maintenance point, it went directly to it and began repairing. So all of that works as intended. But, while I can right-click to get a vehicle to move backwards I am not sure I want to do without reverse. In many cases reverse is rather handy.

Is it possible to control the ui_position of Attack Move, Stop, Attack Ground, Retreat and Reverse?
18 Nov 2020, 09:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Not that I am aware of. The Raketenwerfer has the same issue. It is the only AT-gun which can retreat, but also the only AT-gun without reverse button.
18 Nov 2020, 10:08 AM

Not that I am aware of. The Raketenwerfer has the same issue. It is the only AT-gun which can retreat, but also the only AT-gun without reverse button.

Okay. Thanks SneakEye. Appreciate you taking the time to get back to me. And a big thanks for all the work and help you provide to the community. Your guides and the like have been immeasurable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★