Login

russian armor

Export Package

15 Nov 2013, 18:15 PM
15 Nov 2013, 20:00 PM

I got that error when I had 2 copies of WB open
16 Nov 2013, 09:59 AM

I have the same problem, so if anyone may help ?
16 Nov 2013, 10:09 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Make sure you are not running multiple sessions of World Builder.
Try removing the .sga file you are trying to create, e.g.
Code
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\mymap.sga

If you are unable to remove it, World Builder won't be able to access it either.

1. Close ALL World Builder sessions
2. Try removing the .sga archive of your map. If you are able to remove it, continue to step 3. Otherwise go back to step 1.
3. Launch World Builder and load your map
4. Run "Export package" again.
16 Nov 2013, 10:30 AM

I never had multiple sessions of world builder.

The .sga file was not created at all because of the error.

Doing all this does not work. Would it be possible something on the map was not correct ? As a map Creator on coh1, i used to do it. So i do not understand what happen.
16 Nov 2013, 10:44 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Post a screenshot of your error.
What is the exact path to your map files?
Does path Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios exist in your My Games Folder?
16 Nov 2013, 11:57 AM

Here is the screenshot

http://clip2net.com/s/6bD9Us

And yes for the path.
16 Nov 2013, 12:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Have you tried running World Builder with administrative permissions?
16 Nov 2013, 15:00 PM

Yes, i did it. This makes me mad :)
16 Nov 2013, 15:26 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Let's try creating the archive manually:

Open notepad and paste in following content:
Code

set buildfile="C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\PackageBuildFile.txt"
set sgafile="C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\YOURMAP.sga"
set rootpath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2"
Archive.exe -c %buildfile% -a %sgafile% -r %rootpath%
pause

Make sure:
  • buildfile matches your system
  • sgafile matches your system
  • rootpath matches your system

After necessary edits save this as buildmap.bat to your CoH2 installation folder.

Take a loot at your PackageBuildFile.txt which is located in my games/Company of Heroes 2/ (this file is generated by World Builder) it should look something like this:
    Code

Archive name="YOURMAPNAME" blocksize="262144"
    TOCStart name="YOURMAPNAME" alias="Data" relativeroot=""
    FileSettingsStart defverification="none" defcompression="stream_compress"
    Override wildcard=".*\.(info|options|scar)$" minsize="-1" maxsize="-1" vt="crc_blocks" ct="buffer_compress"
    Override wildcard=".*\.(scenariomarker|sgb)$" minsize="-1" maxsize="-1" vt="crc_blocks" ct=""
    FileSettingsEnd
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME.sgb
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME.scenariomarker
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME.info
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME.options
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_ID.scar
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_lao.dds
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_tdm.dds
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_loading_background.tga
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_mm.tga
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_mm_low.tga
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME\YOURMAPNAME_mm_preview.tga
    TOCEnd

If it does look like that, run the buildmap.bat you created earlier by double clicking it.
    A new SGA archive should appear in My Games/Company of Heroes 2/mods/scenarios/
16 Nov 2013, 15:30 PM

let's try the alchimy. Thanks for your help by the way. I will be back
16 Nov 2013, 16:03 PM

no way, it doest not work. I could not even create the packagebuild.txt.

I have it when i Use the worldbuilder, but not with my .bat

And this is the exacts paths. and all with administrator rights

So I know now the process stops to work at the moment it should create the sga file.
16 Nov 2013, 16:17 PM

Here is the packagebuildfile.txt

Archive name="RiverCity" blocksize="262144"
TOCStart name="RiverCity" alias="Data" relativeroot=""
FileSettingsStart defverification="none" defcompression="stream_compress"
Override wildcard=".*\.(info|options|scar)$" minsize="-1" maxsize="-1" vt="crc_blocks" ct="buffer_compress"
Override wildcard=".*\.(scenariomarker|sgb)$" minsize="-1" maxsize="-1" vt="crc_blocks" ct=""
FileSettingsEnd
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity.sgb
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity.scenariomarker
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity.info
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity.options
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_ID.scar
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_lao.dds
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_tdm.dds
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_loading_background.tga
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_mm.tga
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_mm_low.tga
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\RiverCity_mm_preview.tga
TOCEnd

16 Nov 2013, 16:32 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If you are still unable to create the SGA archive, I would suggest trying my tool which I haven't even published yet:
Extract this to your desktop

• Run CoH2SGAPacker.exe
  • Click the button next to "Path to Archive.exe" and browse to CoH2 installation folder and open Archive.exe
  • Click the button next to "Input directory" for creating SGA Archive and browse to your map folder, eg.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\YourMap
  • Set Archive name to what ever you want
  • Leave alias as it is
  • Click the button next to "Output path for creating SGA Archive" and browse to My Games/Company of Heroes 2/mods/scenarios/ and save it a name of your choise, e.g. 2p_mymap.sga
  • Click "Create Archive"
  • Check if the SGA archive is now existing in My Games/Company of Heroes2/mods/scenarios

Example usage:

You can also save your map SGA Packing settings as .sgaproj. Click File -> Save Project as and save it where ever you want to. The program will load last project automatically at launch. You can also manually load the project.

16 Nov 2013, 17:55 PM

a special thanks. I will try it asap.

Furthermore, I tried to create sga with the friend's computer, and my sgb was successfully changed in sga package.

So it comes from my computer.

Hope your soft could be THE solution

thanks a lot. I will be back
17 Nov 2013, 12:12 PM

Dear janne, YOu link me the bad soft :)The one you linked me is made for extract sga, not to create one form sgb.

If you may link again.
17 Nov 2013, 14:49 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

For some reason I named it as extractor :/.. just look inside and you'll find CoH2SGAPacker.exe
19 Nov 2013, 09:25 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

It seems to be impossible to create valid map archives with archive.exe, unfortunately. All you can do for now is check your game files via steam and make sure archive.exe is located in the CoH2 installation folder.
19 Nov 2013, 12:31 PM

it seems :( so as far, unless using my other pc to create sga. strange
19 Nov 2013, 17:22 PM

Can you verify that Archive.exe is in your coh2 folder? Mine was not, and I had to get it from a steam download folder.(cant remember which) I selected my steam folder, and searched the contents for "Archive.exe", but I had two, one for COH1, one for COH2. I just moved the coh2 version to the "steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/" folder. The COH1 version was in its correct folder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★