Login

russian armor

Perfect example of arty dominanz and BS mechanics (4v4)

19 Oct 2020, 02:55 AM

the advantage from allies with their endless arty rain option are bullshit and needs to tone down.

LM and Calliope are area deny tools. have 4 or more of them and deny every area for endless time, since the first unit cool down is ready, when the last arty unit shoot.

here is a perfect example of the arty-bs:

early game start: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771341017

some time point with endless arty rain every time: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771341017?t=1h27m58s

(this game is full of arty rain all the time from the 20min mark)
i killed their arty serveral times...

but their arty isnt the biggest problem itself. its the combination of bazooka /piats bloobs which destroy a panther in mostly one or two volleys.

When he lost the KT. you could have just stunned all of them with a nade. And why he picked fortificaton and didnt build anything is a mystery :D.

Where to start...

Yes Arty is strong, but that you lost that game was your fault. How can you be scared of RE spam? You where floating 600mp until minute 6 or something, didnt build anything. 2 Kübels would have shredded everything they had, a MG would have stopped them easy. they didnt have any fuel.

then you both went the same tec path. Why didnt one get a fast Flak HT with that fuel advantage from the start and some indirect fire.

Then commander choice. on that map - Elefant and Jagt are KING. you basicly cant lose with that. And use Stuka on retreat path.

Stuka + Pwerfer are just as strong and cancerous as Caliop and Kati

You could have saved the KT with a stun grenade, and why your mate was fortification, nobody knows. he didnt build a single bunker or anything.

min 31 you had 800 mp and 330 fuel with 60/100 pop.
19 Oct 2020, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2020, 23:24 PMGrim

I veto it as allies, in fact my vetoes are maxed out playing as allies.

Hill 400 gets my vote as the worst map in the game.

As axis 4v4 tends to be a more chilled experience so I rarely veto anything.

Removing counterbattery from the Lefh would be a good start in making arty less braindead, then just mirror the stats of the ML20.

This
19 Oct 2020, 09:17 AM

This

Right after giving self-propeled gun like the Hummel and reduce the scatter of the panzerwerfer,yes.
19 Oct 2020, 10:00 AM

The LEFH gets swiftly deleted anyway by rocket artillery or off maps that arrive earlier. Counter-battery is its only redeeming grace. No one disagrees that this is not good COH2 gameplay but neither is the Mortar Pit or aimbot Bofors and Flaks. These are principles of the game that won't change now.

On the topic of artillery this what the game needs (from Sander93's proposals). I'd nerf them all even more if it were up to me.

Rocket Artillery
In order to make rocket artillery more of a strategic weapon, to be used in conjunction with an active assault or defence rather than just bombarding the enemy as much as possible, all veterancy cooldown bonuses will be reduced.

All veterancy cooldown bonuses reduced to a total of ~20% (compared to up to 40% previously)

Stuka vet 1 cooldown bonus removed. Vet 2 bonus reduced from -30% to -20%

Katyusha vet 2 cooldown bonus reduced from -40% to -20%

Panzerwerver vet 2 cooldown bonus reduced from -40% to -20%

Calliope vet 1 cooldown bonus from 9% to 11%; vet 3 (third) cooldown bonus removed (total cooldown will be -20%)

Land Mattress will be addressed below along with other changes to it

Right now many team games (worst of all 4v4 of course) devolve into artillery + infantry blobs. Might as well play blobcraft 2.
19 Oct 2020, 12:13 PM

Ok. Why not something like an indicator how many arty units on the field per side and give them maulus?

maybe something like this:

A) every arty unit per side gives a global dmg-maulus per axis/ allies

B) every arty unit gets a global CD increase per axis/ allies

C) every arty unit gets a price increase per axis/ allies

Example:

first arty unit have same stats like now
every next Arty unit gets a dmg-maulus and/ or CD maulus and/or price increase by 15%

so both arty units have now: - 15% dmg / + 15% CD / + 15% price for next arty unit

3 unit will now make: - 30% dmg for all arty units / 30% CD for all arty units next arty unit cost 30% more

something like this.

20 Oct 2020, 01:06 AM

Dude just give up,nobody going to fix 4v4,3x3 modes because it is hard and gonna fuck up 1x1,2x2 which is primary here
Pip
20 Oct 2020, 01:42 AM

Hard limits on the number of Artillery pieces per team might go a long way to help. I'm neither sure this is feasible, nor am I sure it wouldn't introduce other balance issues, though.

If its possible, it might be worth considering though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★