Login

russian armor

Quick code check request.

12 Oct 2020, 15:35 PM

The mod tools are being a bit funky for me recently; A few weeks ago I was unable to add the Tiger 1 to the commander bar as my mod broke that when Grand Offensive commander released ages ago. In the end I gave up and added the unit to the Panzer HQ building.

I literally copied the King Tiger ability and changed the unit and it still wouldn't work and I didn't have time to figure out why and promptly forgot about it.

Now I'm back trying to add abilities to the command bar and it just doesn't want to cooperate with me. What's worse is I've done this before and I'm sure I've got it correct but no dice.

I've pasted an ability that I had disabled ages back by setting the UT position to -1. I've since re-enabled this by giving it the position of 20 and guess what. It doesn't work despite the fact it used to. I'm utterly befuddled.

Can anyone spot something that would be stopping this from showing on the command bar? Because I sure can't.

Thanks

12 Oct 2020, 15:37 PM

Sorry, double post. Here's another one, the first code works, the second does not despite the fact the second is a direct copy of the first. (First displays and can be used, second does not display)

12 Oct 2020, 16:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Are both abilities present in army/army_bag/abilities?

Also for testing purposes, set all requirements from usage_and_display to usage.
12 Oct 2020, 16:55 PM

Good call to check that but yes. :-(
13 Oct 2020, 06:44 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

As Sneakeye said, try to make the ability first without any requirements. After you confirmed that the ability works without the requirements then there was something wrong with the requirements setup.
14 Oct 2020, 13:38 PM

It's the modding tools having a funny 5 minutes again.

I copied the abilities into a blank mod, slapped them in the army_bag and they worked, I then brought them back into the original mod and put them back into the army_bag and then they worked again.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
France 8
New Zealand 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak