Login

russian armor

How to use Guard Rifles and Shocktroopers

24 Sep 2020, 10:56 AM

I know that shocktroopers are good close range and guard rifles are good against light armor/infantry(when upgraded). But when I use them both they become useless mid-game, what strategies or situations should I use with these units?
24 Sep 2020, 14:15 PM

I'm no pro but I can give you my 2 cents...

Guards are a "jack of all trades" kind of infantry...solid vs most targets, great vs none. When upgraded with DPs, they are solid vs infantry and can stand their own vs light vehicles. When P4 hits field, don't bother to counter it with them. They have a solid grenade.

Shocks on the other hand are a master of CQC. Just get them in close and watch enemy melt. They also have good body armor, smoke grenade (use vs mgs to flank it) and a very good grenade (I would say stronger than guards's).
24 Sep 2020, 15:13 PM

Don't rush them into the mid of the frontline since they will get focused and bleed you all the time. Same goes for every elite infantry in the game (and also flamethrowers).
use them as defensive or on the flanks to fight in 1v1.
also, with units that have smoke nades, they are usually better than trying to use frag nades, throw smoke to cover the gap between you and the enemy so you don't take unnecessary damage
24 Sep 2020, 18:46 PM

Solid replies from you guys, thanks for the info. I also want to know what's the difference between partisans and conscripts? In my games I have found conscripts to be much more rewarding to use but what situation should I use partisans?
21 Mar 2021, 15:44 PM
Donator 11

Guard button ability can be the reason for a tank dying. Also it freaks any panzer commander out, they will start blitzkrieging away.

SU-76 or SU-85 + button works wonders against all tanks
2 Apr 2021, 17:40 PM

Solid replies from you guys, thanks for the info. I also want to know what's the difference between partisans and conscripts? In my games I have found conscripts to be much more rewarding to use but what situation should I use partisans?

Since their nerf a while back Partisans are almost never worth it. Yes the inital shock value of partisans coming out of a building behind support weapons can be helpful but after that 30 second period Partisans become pretty useless and are incredibly weak straight up combat units. They also required a doctrine in a faction that notoriously relies on its doctrines much harder than other factions.

Cons are basic mainline infantry that scale decent with the 7 man upgrade while partisans are cheap cqb infantry that won't hold up well in a straight up fight but are pretty good at flanking support weapons with infiltration.

If you really want to go Partisans then only pick them on a map where their infiltration it useful and its a cqbish map. Don't get too many Partisans though because it'll fill your popcap up with really poor scaling squads that will cause mp bleed.
3 Apr 2021, 19:23 PM

Guards need to be stationary to use the DPs, so they're good to use defensively behind some heavy cover your cons build or a building. Shocks are great anti-inf and I use smoke even when MG is not there a lot just to get into close quarters to deal with LMG grens or obers which can bleed them as they close in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %