Login

russian armor

Please help with Advice

22 Sep 2020, 00:45 AM

I am kinda mad at the moment with my last game.

I have played COH2 for a few years, never delved into OST. So for the past couple of months, I've been playing OST 1v1's. And I love it until I started fighting the USF.

I can't for the life of me play against them without stressing out. The amount of pressure they put on is too much.

I was fighting against Armoured Company, I was using Elite Troops. Nothing I was doing was working

My infantry would falter against riflemen. My MG42 did well, but it's not hard to outflank and MG.

My Tanks were doing great, up until he started spam building his tanks.

I can't counter the Stuart that comes out within 5 minutes of the game, at the point i can't even build my PAK 40. So the stuart justs absolutely minces everything.

The engineers are absolutely disgusting, especially with the flamer.

I have a replay and i'd really like someone to tell me where i went wrong. I felt like my micro was on point (Up until the end where i was tired and fatigued). It felt like whatever i was doing was never enough. I'd kill a tank, and 2 more would take its place.

Kinda mad that i can't effectively fight USF. I am using Meta commanders and build orders and it's still doing nothing.

Thanks, Jay
22 Sep 2020, 14:46 PM

Since i am constantly being flanked. Is a good build order

MG>MG>Ostupeen>Ostruppen>Tech>PGren ?

MGs can cover eachothers flanks, ostruppen can cap? Recently i've just been building the standard vanilla MG>Gren>Gren>Gren

My biggest issue is countering USF Engineers and the 5 minute mark stuart, since my PAK isn't even out by then
23 Sep 2020, 15:18 PM

If you are learning OST just work on going MG>Gren>Gren>Gren>Pgren>222>PAK40.

That basic opener will give you the tools to fight every composition providing you are microing correctly. What level are you playing at?
23 Sep 2020, 17:23 PM
Donator 11

Like borobadger said: If you are struggling use the standard BO: MG>Gren>Gren>Gren for your first minutes.
Try to move you 2 of your Grens togehter with your MG in the backline.
The thrid Gren and your Pio can be used to cap other points and especially give close support for you MG if being flanked.

Most of the time USF will play like : Rifle>Rifle>Rifle>Lui/Captain
In numbers these are 4 squads + engi.

With "point&click attack" your MG can supress 2 Squads due to the wide angle (widest of all MGs in CoH2).
Afterwards your inf squads should take care of the 3 remaining USF Squads.

Remember never go wide with OST if you are new to them. They can easily manage to win a good micro, but small area early game.

If he is harrassing you with a Stuart stay more defensive and build a pak at min 7 or a PzGren with Schrecks (if you do, remember not to spend to manny ammo onto LMGs fro Grens).
A combination of Inf+Support is OSTs key to victory. Focus onto one ammo & fuel and dont get stressed if the VPs are ticking against you.

I wouldn`t recommend going two MGs against USF as the first two units. Through this you will increase the annyoing flanking potential.
23 Sep 2020, 18:21 PM

If you are learning OST just work on going MG>Gren>Gren>Gren>Pgren>222>PAK40.

That basic opener will give you the tools to fight every composition providing you are microing correctly. What level are you playing at?

I am rank 9 currently, im higher as allies. And appreciate it thanks. I feel like USF is the biggest challenge for me. Especially armoured company. The engineers fuck so hard. Their tanks are cheap
24 Sep 2020, 15:06 PM

I am kinda mad at the moment with my last game.

I have played COH2 for a few years, never delved into OST. So for the past couple of months, I've been playing OST 1v1's. And I love it until I started fighting the USF.

I can't for the life of me play against them without stressing out. The amount of pressure they put on is too much.

I was fighting against Armoured Company, I was using Elite Troops. Nothing I was doing was working

My infantry would falter against riflemen. My MG42 did well, but it's not hard to outflank and MG.

My Tanks were doing great, up until he started spam building his tanks.

I can't counter the Stuart that comes out within 5 minutes of the game, at the point i can't even build my PAK 40. So the stuart justs absolutely minces everything.

The engineers are absolutely disgusting, especially with the flamer.

I have a replay and i'd really like someone to tell me where i went wrong. I felt like my micro was on point (Up until the end where i was tired and fatigued). It felt like whatever i was doing was never enough. I'd kill a tank, and 2 more would take its place.

Kinda mad that i can't effectively fight USF. I am using Meta commanders and build orders and it's still doing nothing.

Thanks, Jay

as far as infantry goes, keep your grens at distance when fighting rifles, if rifles get close, fight only if you have supperior numbers.

As far as tanks go, I'm not sure which tanks U had in mind but P4 is on par with Sherman so unless u got anti-tank naded, it should be a fair matchup.

Stuart shouldn't really come at 5 mins mark unless he outplayed you with fuel advantage. Also stuart is not really that good vs infantry, it will hit them but stuart is primarily used to counter 222/Panzer 2.
Pak should hit the field at approximately the same time as stuart.

As far as engineers go, you can also upgrade your pios with flamers and do the same "disgusting" thing to your opponent.

Also "meta commanders" don't mean a lot I think, elite troops is a good 1v1 commander, make use of those G43s and panzer tactician.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight