Login

russian armor

Brit Paratroopers

23 Sep 2020, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2020, 08:13 AMKatitof

Do we see any rampaging blobs of USF LMG paras outside of 4 digit rank 4v4 tier?

OPs idea is still stupid, there already are commandos and game does not need even more homogenizing between factions

If you are going to quote me and respond at least respond to something relevant. I have not even mentioned the word "blob".

Unless you want to argue that a 6 men commando unit with a target size of 0.72, armed with enfield able to upgrade with 2 super Bren, camo/first strike bonus, light gammon bomb, passive heal, retreating, as suggested by would cause no trouble I suggest you do not quote me, because that is what I posted.
26 Sep 2020, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2020, 13:28 PMVipper

If you are going to quote me and respond at least respond to something relevant. I have not even mentioned the word "blob".

Unless you want to argue that a 6 men commando unit with a target size of 0.72, armed with enfield able to upgrade with 2 super Bren, camo/first strike bonus, light gammon bomb, passive heal, retreating, as suggested by would cause no trouble I suggest you do not quote me, because that is what I posted.

They are not suppose to be like so. Since this post pop up, i have done some work and create an unit close to the initial ideals but not to fully extent interm of power.

I call them Air landing rifle sections. They are 5 man of officer model that come with and can be built from the HQ gilder for 300mp.

Base RA is at 0.8. Default weapons is with Tommy lee enfield but they come with 1 bren pre upgrade and 1 assault section sten in form of slot items. The loadout is base on actual british army air landing section of the time, which is 2 sten and 1 bren gun per 10 man section. The sten in game is given also with intend of reduce far dps thus justify for the bren they come with. Another bren can be pick up but they all use standard bren (no moving fire).

Abilities and upgrade include "cooked" mills bombs (like on ranger but use Mills bombs). And PIAT upgrade that gain 2x PIAT but remove the bren at the same time.

It will be nice if i can have some feedback here. Thank in advance.
26 Sep 2020, 08:33 AM

They are not suppose to be like so. Since this post pop up, i have done some work and create an unit close to the initial ideals but not to fully extent interm of power.

I call them Air landing rifle sections. They are 5 man of officer model that come with and can be built from the HQ gilder for 300mp.

Base RA is at 0.8. Default weapons is with Tommy lee enfield but they come with 1 bren pre upgrade and 1 assault section sten in form of slot items. The loadout is base on actual british army air landing section of the time, which is 2 sten and 1 bren gun per 10 man section. The sten in game is given also with intend of reduce far dps thus justify for the bren they come with. Another bren can be pick up but they all use standard bren (no moving fire).

Abilities and upgrade include "cooked" mills bombs (like on ranger but use Mills bombs). And PIAT upgrade that gain 2x PIAT but remove the bren at the same time.

It will be nice if i can have some feedback here. Thank in advance.

Do they use the superior bren of commandos?

Having 3 different weapon of the same squads although it might historically accurate is not a good idea since their behavior will greatly change according to what model dropped and what weapon gets transferred...more about small arms weapons here although a older post:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/52782/suggested-improvements-to-small-arms-weapons
26 Sep 2020, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2020, 08:33 AMVipper

Do they use the superior bren of commandos?

Having 3 different weapon of the same squads although it might historically accurate is not a good idea since their behavior will greatly change according to what model dropped and what weapon gets transferred...more about small arms weapons here although a older post:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/52782/suggested-improvements-to-small-arms-weapons

They use tommy bren. What i was trying to create is some kind of alternative manline more than elite. You can call them semi elite.

And as i said, the sten is there not only for historically accuracy but also for decrease long range dps. Both the bren and the sten gun are slot item and is set to undropable so unless i leave them with just 1 model left or stuff another bren on, all model lost will result in a lee enfield lost.
It is a personal liking of me about historical so i left the sten on, but it can always be remove for consistency and gameplay sake if the ideal have a change to go beyond the mod.
26 Sep 2020, 09:12 AM

They use tommy bren. What i was trying to create is some kind of alternative manline more than elite. You can call them semi elite.

And as i said, the sten is there not only for historically accuracy but also for decrease long range dps. Both the bren and the sten gun are slot item and is set to undropable so unless i leave them with just 1 model left or stuff another bren on, all model lost will result in a lee enfield lost.
It is a personal liking of me about historical so i left the sten on, but it can always be remove for consistency and gameplay sake if the ideal have a change to go beyond the mod.

If they are using tommy bren they will probably be fine.

5 men commandos (or 6 as suggested by OP) with enfieleds and super brens is recipe for disaster thou.
26 Sep 2020, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2020, 09:12 AMVipper

If they are using tommy bren they will probably be fine.

5 men commandos (or 6 as suggested by OP) with enfieleds and super brens is recipe for disaster thou.

Im fully aware of this. So my air landing section aren't very far from tommy in term of raw performance apart from bre pre upgrade bren and free tech nade. Still, they have more utilities with PIAT upgrade and will scale better due to vet, and i keep the vet healing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★