Experimental Modding for reworked USF and OST

3 Sep 2020, 04:03 AM

Main points inclide:
- No free officer from usf
- AT Rifle nade unlock with tech
- 5 man options for ost
I. USF
1. Barack
- Grenade unlock also unlock rifleman’s AT rifle grenade.
- Rifle man: Vet 1 gain 0.9 RA move from vet 2
- Rear echelon: smoke launcher removed
- M20 utility car:
+ Cost to 260 MP/10fuel.
+ Amour. 6/4.1 (UC lever) – 260 HP
2. Platoon CP
- Activate Platoon CP cost 180MP/35 fuels.
- Unlock: Lieutenant; M2 Hb .50 cal HMG; M1 80mm mortar and 57mm AT gun.
- Lieutenant:
+ Cost 280 Mp.
+ 2 lieutenant models arm with carbine; 3 rifleman models with M1 rifle.
+ Bar Upgrade: 60 muni, free tech, provide 1 BAR.
+ Have On me and smoke launcher free tech.
3. Company CP.
- Activate cost 180MP/20 fuels. Unlock Captain, Stuart, Pack Howitzer and AA HT.
- Captain:
+ Cost 280 MP
+ 1 captain model with Thompson smg, 1 lieutenant with carbine and 3 rifle man.
+ Can upgrade to 1x m1919a6 for 70 muni.
4. Battalion CP.
- Activate cost 280MP/120fuel and unlock: Major; M4A3 Sherman; m36 jackson; M8 Scott.
- Major:
+ Cost 280 mp
+ 1 major and 3 echelon troops.
+ Have Supervise.
III. OST.
1. T0
- Pioneer:
+ Sweeper upgrade add 5th man.
+ No longer can upgrade to veteran squad leader.
- Mg42.
- Grenadier:
+ Upgrade to squad leader: Free tech, Cost 25 muni, add a 5th man and an assault grenadier Mp40, unlock M24 grenade (similar to US/UK grenade) and Faust.
+ Mg42 upgrade: Require BP1, cost 60 muni, add an Mg 42, unlock rifle grenade and sandbags.
2. T1
- Sniper.
- Mortar
- Pak 40 AT gun: Require BP 1
3. T3.
- Panzer grenadier:
+ Stat with gren K98 rifle.
+ Upgrade to 2 Sherk: 100 muni.
+ Upgrade to 2 MG42: Requre BP2: 100 muni.
- 222 Scout car.
- 252 HT.

Mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2207769361

3 Sep 2020, 05:26 AM

Prices not adjusted for removing free officers, no more smoke for rear echelons, faust and rifle nade on separate upgrades for grenadiers and no more stg44s for pgs.

Nope
3 Sep 2020, 06:09 AM

Prices not adjusted for removing free officers

original price of usf platoon cp with lieutenant dispatch is 250/35, how much do you think it should be with out the officer squad ?
3 Sep 2020, 06:30 AM

180/35 + 280 = 460/35(+time) vs 250/35 for the same result.
I would say simply paying 35 fuel and no manpower for the platoon cp would be enough.
3 Sep 2020, 06:44 AM

180/35 + 280 = 460/35(+time) vs 250/35 for the same result.
I would say simply paying 35 fuel and no manpower for the platoon cp would be enough.

It's not the same result since you unlock a full set of support weapons include mg, mortar and At.

In live version you only have the lieutenant and unlock mg, which is the reason for "free officer" complaint. The point is officer is not "free" anymore.
3 Sep 2020, 06:47 AM

It's not the same result since you unlock a full set of support weapons include mg, mortar and At.

In live version you only have the lieutenant and unlock mg, which is the reason for "free officer" complaint. The point is officer is not "free" anymore.

I see, I didn't notice that the extra unlock step was removed. However that removed fuel price gotta be added to Battalion unlock then.
3 Sep 2020, 06:58 AM

Prices not adjusted for removing free officers, no more smoke for rear echelons, faust and rifle nade on separate upgrades for grenadiers and no more stg44s for pgs.

I forget to say that echelon have standard M6 mine. They are engineering troop so smoke or event rifle nade make little sense on them. Instead Both lieutenant and captain have free tech access to improve smoke launcher.

The concept with grenadier is that both upgrade have it own perks and trade off.
Squad leader is an extremely powerful upgrade which give you 5th man, a grenade on par with rifle/section and faust, on top of 0.9 RA and 0.9 cooldown. All free tech at minor 25 muni. I cant think of any better deal than that since in the same mod ukf have to pay 20 fuels side tech for similar upgrade which cost 30 muni.

Pgren do have stg upgrade but i forgot to put it in the unit file when building the mod so it doesn't show up. I will update that.
3 Sep 2020, 11:33 AM

I would design US officer differently:

LT
a close combat unit armed with either sort range carbines or grease guns able to upgrade with Thompson with normal SMG profile (not elite Thompson).

Comes with Grenade/smoke grenade or incendiary grenade

Captain
mid range unit armed with carbines have access to grenades/on me/mortar barrage

Major
Support unit comes with super vision/FRP/and binocular able to have vision similar to SU-85

As for Ostheer allow them to built 221 designed to counter micro light vehicles and sniper. Relatively High armor low DPS but Relatively High penetration and bonus damage vs snipers.

222 separate vehicle with AP rounds and higher cost and improved armor better less effective vs infatry designed as a soft counter to light tanks.
3 Sep 2020, 12:19 PM

- Grenadier:
+ Upgrade to squad leader: Free tech, Cost 25 muni, add a 5th man and an assault grenadier Mp40, unlock M24 grenade (similar to US/UK grenade) and Faust.

What, add a guy with an MP40 to grenadiers(a squad known for longranged dps/weapons)? And a 5th man without a doctrine is not how Ostheer is designed, so it is never going to happen.
3 Sep 2020, 12:37 PM

What, add a guy with an MP40 to grenadiers(a squad known for longranged dps/weapons)? And a 5th man without a doctrine is not how Ostheer is designed, so it is never going to happen.

That is why modding exist, to make things that are impossible in live game, possible.

A squad leader with mp40 is historical accurately and the main point of him is improve survivability. The 4 man basic gren squad already have great long range dmg and the upgrade slap on 0.9RA, 0.9 CD and a grenade.

Upgrade allow both aggressive manoeuvring in offensive and staying power in defense. And being realistic at the same time.
3 Sep 2020, 17:02 PM

What is the price for PGs with K98?
3 Sep 2020, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2020, 11:33 AMVipper
I would design US officer differently:

LT
a close combat unit armed with either sort range carbines or grease guns able to upgrade with Thompson with normal SMG profile (not elite Thompson).

Comes with Grenade/smoke grenade or incendiary grenade

Captain
mid range unit armed with carbines have access to grenades/on me/mortar barrage

Major
Support unit comes with super vision/FRP/and binocular able to have vision similar to SU-85

Actually your setup is not that different from what im trying to create.

According to my study, Usf Ofices officially have carbine as thier PDW so officer model, event major using carbine is very realistic.

About LT
LT carbine do have a close range profile so i think i will change all squad to carbine. My Lt do have access to grenade through tech and also have improve smoke laucher (longer range abd faster cd). I think having on me in Lt make sense since he is more oriented in offensive and leading the fight.

Cpt:
I also want to give him a carbine but end up with an invisible gun so i have to go back with the thompson. And im still working on him. I do think of give him off map but dont want it to overlap with major. What i will try is move ftp to him or some kind of suppression with the m1919.

Major:
As you can see, i already move supervises to him, and will try the rest of your ideas.
3 Sep 2020, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2020, 17:02 PMVipper
What is the price for PGs with K98?

280/35
3 Sep 2020, 17:41 PM

About LT
LT carbine do have a close range profile so i think i will change all squad to carbine...

In game M1 and M1 Carbine are fall both under the category "carabine" and are more Mid oriented.
Suggestion of SMG is so that LT offers something "unique" instead of more of the same.

Cpt:
I also want to give him a carbine but end up with an invisible gun so i have to go back with the thompson.

Probably there is no animation for the weapon.

I do think of give him off map but dont want it to overlap with major.

The suggestion is removed the arty from major so Captain also bring something unique then major is basically support.

Major:
As you can see, i already move supervises to him, and will try the rest of your ideas.

Yes that is a good change.

The unit can stay with 3 model (or even one for less pop)and be more of support with supervision if in base, FRP if outside base and vision if in frontline.

280/35
That price is too high for PG with 4 K98.
4 Sep 2020, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2020, 17:41 PMVipper

In game M1 and M1 Carbine are fall both under the category "carabine" and are more Mid oriented.
Suggestion of SMG is so that LT offers something "unique" instead of more of the same.

Their carbine have very high near accuracy, at 0.8+, i think if i adjust the cooldown modifider, it can be a close range weapon. The whole squad will have carbine and instead of BAR, will have 2 thompson upgrade.

The suggestion is removed the arty from major so Captain also bring something unique then major is basically support.

Major arty is strong and it fit a high ranking officer, move it to CPT will require to scale it down quite a lot but i want to keep the theme of high rank major have access to powerful arty. Still, the vision ideal is neat and i think it will work well on CPT in conjunction with the pak howie unlocked in the same tier. CPT can use a scope garand uprade instead of current m1919.

The unit can stay with 3 model (or even one for less pop)and be more of support with supervision if in base, FRP if outside base and vision if in frontline.

i made him 4 man for easier using on frontline with arty.

280/35
That price is too high for PG with 4 K98.

you mean reinforce cost? It is set to 35 automatically due to the 50% fomulla, but i will adjust it down to 28-30.
if it is the base cost then i think 280 is reasonable, they start with 4 gren k98 and 0.8RA, which is sections LV and have instancly access to 2 very strong upgrade - stg and sherk. After BP2, they can event get a moving fire mg42 (i changed it to 1 from 2). If any think, their K98 can be buff by a bit.
4 Sep 2020, 06:09 AM

25mu to kit out grens and 25% more health and targets?

Cons requiring nearly 3x as much for just the extra model not including the hundreds of MP mad smudge of fuel for side grade and armful of both for teching cries for revolution in the corner...
4 Sep 2020, 07:32 AM

25mu to kit out grens and 25% more health and targets?

Cons requiring nearly 3x as much for just the extra model not including the hundreds of MP mad smudge of fuel for side grade and armful of both for teching cries for revolution in the corner...

My mod include work for soviet, too. I want to keep it for another thread, but for short, conscript have stock upgrade to both ppsh and dp lmg so the revolution will go on.
4 Sep 2020, 08:51 AM

Major arty is strong and it fit a high ranking officer, move it to CPT will require to scale it down quite a lot but i want to keep the theme of high rank major have access to powerful arty.

Yes that is my suggestion. Tone it down since it available earlier.

Still, the vision ideal is neat and i think it will work well on CPT in conjunction with the pak howie unlocked in the same tier. CPT can use a scope garand uprade instead of current m1919.

My suggestion is that Cap remains a fighting unit, while major a support unit and thus having less entities and thus pop.

you mean reinforce cost? It is set to 35 automatically due to the 50% fomulla, but i will adjust it down to 28-30.

That formula does not generally apply.

if it is the base cost then i think 280 is reasonable, they start with 4 gren k98 and 0.8RA, which is sections LV and have instancly access to 2 very strong upgrade - stg and sherk. After BP2, they can event get a moving fire mg42 (i changed it to 1 from 2). If any think, their K98 can be buff by a bit.

Cost is remains too high imo. That is because they already have a tech cost and will end up having less entities than IS which investing in 100 mu in ST44 a greater risk.
4 Sep 2020, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2020, 08:51 AMVipper

That formula does not generally apply.

Cost is remains too high imo. That is because they already have a tech cost and will end up having less entities than IS which investing in 100 mu in ST44 a greater risk.

The tech cost does not dedicated only to pgren, 5 man section in my mod require reinforce so their pirce is actually 308 mp per squad, and section have to tech for upgrade, too.

stg cost is 60 muni.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS