Login

russian armor

2 of my balance suggestions with reasoning

20 Aug 2020, 00:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Harumph. Since my previous thread got locked and I still wish for changes on COH2, I've taken 2 of my suggestions and placed them in this thread. I can't believe the community, particularly the moderators, give me a hard time for a few small changes, thinking they will ruin the game balance.

8. Tiger PzKpfw VI: Call in now requires either a Support Armor Korps or Heavy Panzer Korps built in addition to Battle Phase 3 and 12 CP.

Reasoning: Why not? It should make sense that the call in is a middle ground between the Elefant and Panzer IV Command tank.

12. Combat Engineers, Pioneers, Panzergrenadiers w/Leader, Rear Echelon Troops, Assault Engineers, Vehicle Crews, Sturmpioneers, Royal Engineers, and Infantry Sections w/ Defensive Operations active can all repair sandbag positions

Reasoning: sandbags are rudimentary but effective and free pieces of heavy cover that can give one side the advantage in a firefight. Currently, only British engineers and infantry under defensive doctrine can repair sandbags and Combat Engineers in the campaign can repair sandbag fighting positions. It's only fair the others should be able to repair sandbags in between combat in case of camping on an objective or important chokepoint.

And moderators, you may as well completely delete the thread List of my Suggestions for Balance with reasoning.
20 Aug 2020, 02:33 AM

I'm on board with the second one, not so much on the first and that's solely because t4 is like 100mp now or something inconsequential so more work (even a little) with limited resources should be avoided.

20 Aug 2020, 10:14 AM

12. Combat Engineers, Pioneers, Panzergrenadiers w/Leader, Rear Echelon Troops, Assault Engineers, Vehicle Crews, Sturmpioneers, Royal Engineers, and Infantry Sections w/ Defensive Operations active can all repair sandbag positions

Reasoning: sandbags are rudimentary but effective and free pieces of heavy cover that can give one side the advantage in a firefight. Currently, only British engineers and infantry under defensive doctrine can repair sandbags and Combat Engineers in the campaign can repair sandbag fighting positions. It's only fair the others should be able to repair sandbags in between combat in case of camping on an objective or important chokepoint.

This is in theory a decent suggestion, but in practice this would overlap with vaulting. You can also just build another sandbag behind the damaged one if you want to retain the ability to have your troops take cover there.

It would be possible if you make it that the repair ability can fix sandbags rather than rightclicking it. Not sure if this is something that would come in a patch, assuming that they are coming in the future.
20 Aug 2020, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2020, 10:14 AMA table

This is in theory a decent suggestion, but in practice this would overlap with vaulting. You can also just build another sandbag behind the damaged one if you want to retain the ability to have your troops take cover there.

It would be possible if you make it that the repair ability can fix sandbags rather than rightclicking it. Not sure if this is something that would come in a patch, assuming that they are coming in the future.

Click on the repair button before clicking just like an abandoned vehicle.
20 Aug 2020, 16:00 PM

I think these are two very reasonable changes. It's hard to implement these changes because CoH2 is basically on life support but I think they are very reasonable. Repairing sandbags is a great QoL feature for all factions.
20 Aug 2020, 19:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I'm on board with the second one, not so much on the first and that's solely because t4 is like 100mp now or something inconsequential so more work (even a little) with limited resources should be avoided.

By the time a typical Ostheer player gets 12 CP, they'd probably have a Support Armor Korps already built. If that is the case, they'd only require Battle Phase 3 upgrade but not necessarily the Heavy Panzer Korps.

I think these are two very reasonable changes. It's hard to implement these changes because CoH2 is basically on life support but I think they are very reasonable. Repairing sandbags is a great QoL feature for all factions.

But I think the community that does the patch should have the tools for at least that. But I agree one one thing... Relic itself is on Life Support as its stock prices continue to plummet and more and more people leave the company; soon it will shut down.
20 Aug 2020, 21:03 PM

By the time a typical Ostheer player gets 12 CP, they'd probably have a Support Armor Korps already built. If that is the case, they'd only require Battle Phase 3 upgrade but not necessarily the Heavy Panzer Korps.

But I think the community that does the patch should have the tools for at least that.

I don't think it's an issue of feasiblity so much as how much time it will take vs the impact it'll have. I'm saying that for all the differnce that it'll make (which is little) it's almost not worth the effort as the change is so miniscule. It would be like adding 5 fuel to the Jackson--a token change with less value that effort to do.

Not to say that it isn't necessarily a good idea, just that it's very low impact and attention could be better used elsewhere imo.
21 Aug 2020, 03:33 AM

Permanently Banned

I don't think it's an issue of feasiblity so much as how much time it will take vs the impact it'll have. I'm saying that for all the differnce that it'll make (which is little) it's almost not worth the effort as the change is so miniscule. It would be like adding 5 fuel to the Jackson--a token change with less value that effort to do.

Not to say that it isn't necessarily a good idea, just that it's very low impact and attention could be better used elsewhere imo.

Well any larger changes I suggested the community won't do either. And these 2 changes are perhaps as reasonable as they're gonna get. Small changes are more likely than larger changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★