Login

russian armor

Alt + A clears in-game chat

14 Aug 2020, 13:35 PM

what

why

I need that combination to type in polish, the "ą" key in some words requires pressing both "alt" AND "A". Is there a way for this combination to not clear chat?

btw it only happens in this game as far as I know and a couple of other ones, I can't find any mention of this keyboard shortcut anywhere
14 Aug 2020, 13:43 PM

I dont speak polish at all but is it not possible to just write a normal "a" without destroying the whole meaning of the word?
14 Aug 2020, 14:07 PM

I dont speak polish at all but is it not possible to just write a normal "a" without destroying the whole meaning of the word?

It is, but it's a lot more frustrating than it may seem. I'm very used to just typing with polish letters and it's very easy to forget that, for this one game, I cannot use this specific combination of keys. And then when I get used to not typing "ą" i have to switch my mindset to start using it again outside of the game. And just to piss me off, pressing alt + a, aside from deleting the entire message, actually writes "ą". I guess you can put it at the very front of a sentence but it's never used at the start of any word, so it's completely useless.
14 Aug 2020, 15:39 PM
Donator 33

ą a ä a, I think people will understand German and Polish in game still. Also does the older ALT code not work for you? ALT + 0261
14 Aug 2020, 18:23 PM

ą a ä a, I think people will understand German and Polish in game still. Also does the older ALT code not work for you? ALT + 0261

It's not that someone will not understand what I'm saying, the problem is that having to intentionally type "a" instead of "ą" messes with my typing habits and I tend to forget about it and accidentaly erase the entire message. I was hoping that there might be a way to disable it with something like advanced launch options, but it doesn't seem like it.

Also the old alt code doesn't seem to do anything, sadly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight