Login

russian armor

Iron Harvest Open Beta

5 Aug 2020, 08:41 AM

5 Aug 2020, 09:27 AM

Has anyone played the open beta? What are your impressions of the game? At first I was interested in the game, but the simplified gameplay for the sake of the controller pushed me away.
5 Aug 2020, 10:19 AM

Has anyone played the open beta? What are your impressions of the game? At first I was interested in the game, but the simplified gameplay for the sake of the controller pushed me away.

I played and palying. Game changed pretty well from what i saw in alpha videos. 1v1 much faster than in coh2 (25-30 minutes if opponents both good, if not 10-15 minutes). In fact, game have future if it will be support by devs. IMHO in late-game you have 10-12 squads and controlling all of them even with mouse and keyboard much harder than in coh2. I don't understand how do this with controller. But some folks says that it not harder.

Game have balance issues and issues with unit control - not so responsive control like in coh. Sometimes you need hit Retreat twice to cancel current action and start retreating. Team weapon too slow but powerfull. 1 AT canon can easily kill top-mech, if you not carefull. All base infantry and team weapons have equal abilities. Difference only in special infantry (available only for this fraction in barracks -medics for saxons, flamers for rus and machinegunners for polania) and exos. Rusviet exos now very strong and i think will be nerfing. They can kill armor and infantry and have very high mobility due rocket jumps.

Interesting mechanic with weapon drops. Any infantry have 100 HP, but different combat stats, if you enges take flamers you will get 5 man flamer squad. There is tip with making from veteran soldier veteran enges by taking enges equipment (they repair much faster and can build improved bunkers). Mechs can moving back (hold C and click right button) and retreat to your base. 4 different armor - non-armor, light, medium, heavy. There is back armor.

3 fractions, mirrors included. In current situaion most powerfull rusviet and saxons, especially saxons with their OP hero. But it will be patch soon, that will fix some issues (nerf rusviet soldiers - they now kills any mainline in close combat without efforts, nerf saxon hero - easily kill now any non-top mechs and infantry, buffs for some units).

Tournament for 7k euro will be soon (in this Saturday starts matches for the place in tournament). I think game will be fine, at least i don't see now non-solving issues. Most problems lays in balance and control. For balance just needed big games base for statistic. For control - few patches.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★