Login

russian armor

T-34 Ram

23 Jul 2020, 09:14 AM

I'm not sure, you are still describing that the ability is OP if and only if the opponent is using several units at once, and uses several abilities in a timely manner, and is outplaying you, for them to have a sliver of a chance to defeat a high-cost unit that would have been a thorn in their victory. As posted above...

Combined arms OP.

23 Jul 2020, 09:25 AM

I'm not sure, you are still describing that the ability is OP if and only if the opponent is using several units at once, and uses several abilities in a timely manner, and is outplaying you, for them to have a sliver of a chance to defeat a high-cost unit that would have been a thorn in their victory. As posted above...

Well I don't know, have you play against top tier Allies player like USEF-246 with his teammate 141 with winning streak +18? Or MessyMarv?

They play just like that, they are top tier ofc combine arms and timely manner are what they good at, ain't like they in top 50 for no reason?
23 Jul 2020, 09:29 AM

I don't get the point you're trying to get across, you're unhappy that top tier allies teams are doing better in the top 50 because they are playing better because they use combine arms and timely manner abilities?
23 Jul 2020, 09:31 AM

I don't get the point you're trying to get across, you're unhappy that top tier allies teams are doing better in the top 50 because they are playing better because they use combine arms and timely manner abilities?

My point is T34 ramming / IL bombing shouldn't be in the same commander as ISU, same for Stuka bomb drop shouldn't be in the same commander as Elefant.
23 Jul 2020, 09:34 AM

Then I am not sure why you bring USEF-246 and his teammate then, better players use abilities in a better way, but them having a better play and understanding does not make abilities OP.

I tend to virtually slap my 2on2 teammate a few times in their faces if they bring out an Elephant if the SOV team is clearly going for T34 rams and mine clearing.
23 Jul 2020, 09:36 AM

Then I am not sure why you bring USEF-246 and his teammate then, better players use abilities in a better way, but them having a better play and understanding does not make abilities OP.

I tend to virtually slap my 2on2 teammate a few times in their faces if they bring out an Elephant if the SOV team is clearly going for T34 rams and mine clearing.

Because they are very good Allies player and thanks to the T34 ramming + Il bombing run which is a good gamble, they can easily destroy the only thing that can counter their ISU which is my Elfant.

Better players win easier thanks to OP combine ability which should not be in the same commander. ( IL bombing run + ISU in the same commander )

And please tell me how do you intend to counter ISU-152 without Elefant / JadTiger ? I would like to hear about it so I can improve my skill
23 Jul 2020, 09:40 AM

I don't intend to turn a balance thread into a strategy discussion, but feel free to PM me so we can get a few games across together for you to improve your skills.

What I've been doing to learn how to better myself is watching higher-ranked Axis teams dealing with these problems they are facing. Most of them tend not to go for Elefant when there's the good old T34 rams tactic going on. OKW has less problems facing rams overall (them flares help to know what is going to happen where and when)
23 Jul 2020, 09:52 AM

I don't intend to turn a balance thread into a strategy discussion, but feel free to PM me so we can get a few games across together.

What I've been doing to learn how to better myself is watching higher-ranked Axis teams dealing with these problems they are facing. Most of them tend not to go for Elefant when there's the good old T34 rams tactic going on.

Yeah sure I will pm you :D. I'm not trying to be a closed mind asshole " buh huh, you can't win against ISU if you don't have Elefant / JadTiger ", just saying that ILbombing + ISU shouldn't be in the same commander and most casting I'm watching I see Axis choose Elefant to counter ISU ( I got a couple of games casting by tightrope on there too )

So I also did watch higher-ranked Axis team dealing with the ISU problem, I'm gonna link them in here.

COH2 2v2 Olvadi (SU) & FIRE AND TERROR (SU) vs Sturmpanther (OH) & Mettiu (OK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-ZRreg2dk

Not just IL bombing run but also have Anti-tank overwatch.

COH2 2v2 ps3YES (SU) & Nausicaa (SU) vs DIRTY_FINISHER (OH) & Greed (OH)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWgcWLTCbCc&t=2301s

COH2 2v2 Guard2707 (UK) & DarkRegion (SU) vs WebsterBolek (OH) & SOMA (OK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zobVgWdbyqw

In those 3 cases: Elefant.

COH2 2v2 DarkRegion (SU) & Guard2707 (UK) vs Farlion (OH) & Sunny (OK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYvlso_NP8&t=1171s

In these case without Elefant, not sure if this is because DarkRegion and Guard2707 play badly early game consider they are also top tier 2vs2 Allies players.

COH2 2v2 cblanco (SU) & Ikarus (US) vs SkyGreen (OH) & Rutra (OK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpT-FEt3ZQ&t=195s

Winning without Elefant/ Jadtiger.
23 Jul 2020, 09:54 AM

I haven't clicked on these replays, but I know them by name and reputation and some of them are fantastic and fun. Deffo recommend.

I never thought you were an asshole (?) or/and I never anything hinting that you are one. Don't let the passive-aggressiveness of other users in the community get to you, most of the guys here are friendly dudes. I got your point across, but I still think that the game is in its best state than ever before. I still slap people virtually for Elefants when facing totally obvious rams, it's like betting on losing it, there are/must be other ways around. Be creative Don't let your opponents dictate your play.
23 Jul 2020, 12:08 PM

I haven't clicked on these replays, but I know them by name and reputation and some of them are fantastic and fun. Deffo recommend.

I never thought you were an asshole (?) or/and I never anything hinting that you are one. Don't let the passive-aggressiveness of other users in the community get to you, most of the guys here are friendly dudes. I got your point across, but I still think that the game is in its best state than ever before. I still slap people virtually for Elefants when facing totally obvious rams, it's like betting on losing it, there are/must be other ways around. Be creative Don't let your opponents dictate your play.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. How is it obvious? That they're soviet? We've played hundreds of high ranked matches and your advice is that you'll virtually slap us if we get rammed? Or watch videos? As if we don't already.

Some maps are small or some maps are narrow and diving even for a katyusha can be risky, much less an isu.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to decouple il2 from the isu. Ram by itself is fine, il2 same and so is the isu, but together there's a reason why five replays were linked willy nilly. It's because that shit really is a strong af combo and that's why you almost always run into it.
You don't have to look very far to find players using it.
23 Jul 2020, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 12:08 PMKoRneY

[...] your advice is that you'll virtually slap us if we get rammed? Or watch videos? As if we don't already.

Some maps are small or some maps are narrow and diving even for a katyusha can be risky, much less an isu.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to decouple il2 from the isu. Ram by itself is fine, il2 same and so is the isu, but together there's a reason why five replays were linked willy nilly. It's because that shit really is a strong af combo and that's why you almost always run into it.
You don't have to look very far to find players using it.

Look, mate, the advice was for the guy who asked for it, and not general advice for everyone. Also read the full sentence, not just parts that suit you best. Also:

I don't intend to turn a balance thread into a strategy discussion, but feel free to PM me so we can get a few games across together for you to improve your skills.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 12:08 PMKoRneY

your advice is that you'll virtually slap us if we get rammed? As if we don't already.

And yes, I will keep on slapping at least virtually any of my 2on2 teammates in their faces if they go Elefant if the SOVs are betting on that from the very beginning. Especially if they are well deserved: The teammate had the chance to spot that the opponent has the commander loaded in the screen, they had the chance to spot that they got the ISU out (or at least saving for it), they know that there's a T34 ready for the ram, and they know precisely what would happen if they let the Elefant out with no proper prep. The result is still the same; they build the Elefant, they rely on Krupp Stahl, and they lose it to the Ram combo instantly (slap well deserved) and then they ragequit (even more slap) saying SOV OP only to find them minutes later in the forum.

There is a chance of a possible balance problem there and I am not disregarding that, but people can really go nifty willy themselves if they play and do what their opponents wants them to do and to blame balance afterwards.

That's like 2015 ISU all over again.
23 Jul 2020, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 05:16 AMKyle

I know it's been talk to dead and I previously said I was ranting.

But I don't think Relic will ever change the commander..

A commander reshuffle is more likely than a mechanic eemoval/change as it's easier and would have greater good impact on the game as a whole. Both EFA factions require a bit of commander tweaking to bring some weaker ones up to snuff and toning down strong ones can be done at the same time.
23 Jul 2020, 13:58 PM

Look, mate, the advice was for the guy who asked for it, and not general advice for everyone. Also read the full sentence, not just parts that suit you best. Also:

I don't recall him personally asking you anything and I'm not interrupting your pms so idk what you're on about.

But, you're right, I believe that the game is better than ever. I credit that to Sander & co and people who have been constantly giving a shit. As it stands Sander has suggested removing the bombing run as well as nerfing 152 rear armor because there actually is an issue.

I have played plenty of high ranked matches since coh was a thing and have watched/listened to every tightrope cast since 2017 (easy commute voice) and I'll tell you it's going to take a whole lot more than watching replays to figure this shit out.

It'd be nice to actually run into partisans or something just totally different but isu / Elefant is where it's at. That's just how it is.
24 Jul 2020, 10:13 AM

I'd make ram more of a damage dealer rather than crit dealer. It should have great penetration and deal damage to allow t34 penetrate and sacrifice itself. The crit should be for the t34 doing it rather than for the hit tank.

Solution:
Ram into the front of an enemy vehicle - 180 damage and 50% chance to crit main gun.
Ram into the rear of an enemy vehicle - 220 damage and 50% chance to crit the engine.
The t-34 should get around 120 damage itself and always get immobilized and gun crit.

This simple change would encourage the use of ram rather as a finishing blow than a primary crit dealer. The t34 could be used to penetrate the tanks it otherwise can't penetrate. IMO using ram instead of a snare is the main balance problem. The game is designed around infantry held snares or mines immobilizing the vehicles (Soviets have enough of them anyway), not fast moving vehicles snaring even full health heavies. It is ok to use arty on a snared vehicle but only if it was snared by an infantry unit or a mine (the full health vehicle not being easily snareable was invented for a reason - Soviets break this rule already with penal AT satchel or guards button - no need to have another stock possibility). Soviets still can use stock hoorah for more effective snaring. Ram, in its current form, on top of all those snare options is just too much. Commander abilities that overlap are another issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★