Login

russian armor

What is this site actually?

3 Jan 2013, 15:03 PM

Congratulations, you just joined the ever growing list of numb-nuts who make Godwin's law possible.
3 Jan 2013, 15:07 PM
Donator 33

What did the gestapo to do people with opinions they didnt like? Exactly what those mods did.

If you were saying shit as stupid as this, no wonder you met a few facepalm'ing mod's :crazy:
3 Jan 2013, 17:31 PM

I spent a good amount of time on GR and it was a very good site, but CoH2.org has great leadership and a lot of potential. The whole site is run by people who care about the CoH community so I definitely believe this is the better choice. Otherwise I wouldn't have left or joined staff here lol.
3 Jan 2013, 19:19 PM

Thats why I didnt say anything about banning or suspending. I said they cleaned half of the threads to a point were you couldnt even understand what the thread was about anymore. Unless its like ridiculously offensive or a few other,selext situation we should be able to write what we want.

I could agree to that, never really liked the concept of cleaning threads. Usually though the cleaned posts are incredibly off topic (personal bickering often) or it is cheat accusations or other things that break against the rules. As I said though, I'd rather not have cleaning. Warning instead. ^^

What did the gestapo to do people with opinions they didnt like? Exactly what those mods did.

I thought you meant nazi moderation as in a hyperbole for strict moderation. If you are really drawing that comparison you are terribly misinformed or have a axe to grind. What people whos opinions are not liked gets moderated? As I see it, they babysit trolls a bit too much were I would like them to get suspended or banned.

Also if your comparison is as bold as you wrote it: Gestapo arrested people on rumors and accusations and held office in concentration camps. GR mods are guys who warn and invis off topic and irrelevant/flaming discussion. Even if you just compare how they go about it, it is still differentiating.
3 Jan 2013, 23:51 PM

I did. I did not mean it like u all are taking it. It was just a WW2 reference to make a point about a WW2 game. Wow, sorry if I offended anyone, didn't think you guys would take it like that.

Edit - And I have never personally had anything I've ever written invis'd or edited. So grats Eupolemus on jumping to conclusions with zero knowledge to back it. And I really dont think Godwin's Law can apply to a community discussion that wouldn't even be here if WW2 and the Nazi's never existed. I am in no way supporting what happened during those dark days in our planet's history so just back the fuck up.
Only Relic postRelic 3 Jan 2013, 23:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This site is pretty awesome, that's what this site is :)
4 Jan 2013, 00:25 AM

I did.

Oh, apologies then for my straw man argument. :)
4 Jan 2013, 02:33 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

This site is pretty awesome, that's what this site is :)

Yes, yes it is.
4 Jan 2013, 02:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I never got the mod nazi complaint about GR tbh. They are insanely lax when it comes to banning or suspending.

They suspended me four times and banned me 3 times =).
4 Jan 2013, 08:07 AM
Donator 22

any idea where this is heading, the CoH Community on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/20540

?
any stakes in it?
or just another place for you to market your sunday night events, which I think it should be :-)
4 Jan 2013, 08:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Steam has a "community" for every game on Steam. There's no moderation or anything, just a bunch of people giving "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" to all the comments, and the navigation is pretty terrible. Until it changes quite a bit I don't see it becoming an actual community. COH2.org does have a Steam group though.
4 Jan 2013, 09:22 AM

I agree with SmallFrizzl, the moderators at GR went overboard on their position. But lets leave that in the past and look to the future, I'm pretty sure the admins coh2.org have noted this and will not repeat the same mistakes as GR.
4 Jan 2013, 10:03 AM

So many misconceptions....I don't even....

Anyways; on topic:

The site is great, the staff is great, and the community is still fucking awesome. Let's just keep it at that.
4 Jan 2013, 10:56 AM

I for one have never seen a thread that has been over-moderated by CoH staff (or global staff which came from the CoH community), at least from what I can remember. I agree that accounts deserve suspensions and bans more often, instead of mods tediously babysitting them all the time. People like airbornenul for instance. These people are actually quite good at trolling people, it's just that their methods are boring and unimaginative. It's not hard to find a valid reason to at least suspend them.

Some threads (especially replay threads) might seem incoherent or overly moderated simply because sometimes the users themselves have poor english or are just idiots speaking nonsense.

I have to agree though that some of the staff not involved with the community make some questionable decisions regarding moderation. Some players might jokingly call eachother a hacker/whatever within their own clan forum, and in swoops a global; both get warns and the clan forum gets a step closer to deletion for public cheating accusations. I won't go into detail, but this obviously won't be an issue on CoH2.org.

Also:

You seem not know what the word 'exactly' means :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS