Login

russian armor

Pak 43 Emplacement not turning

14 Jun 2020, 10:17 AM

Hi all. I've tried making a Pak 43 emplacement like the brit 17 pounder. I have a gun that fires and the crew are visible, but when the gun turns no amination is played for the crew or the gun. They just glide sideways. If anyone knows what might be wrong I would appreciate it.
14 Jun 2020, 17:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hi all. I've tried making a Pak 43 emplacement like the brit 17 pounder. I have a gun that fires and the crew are visible, but when the gun turns no amination is played for the crew or the gun. They just glide sideways. If anyone knows what might be wrong I would appreciate it.

This is related to the fact that the towing animation is apart of the artillery state while the 17 pounder has a separate pivot state. My attempts largely were not successful. This here can make it do it only once:

Maybe you can make it repeat?
14 Jun 2020, 22:32 PM

I will try that. Thing is I've seen it work fine in the all units mod, so there be must something else I'm missing.
14 Jun 2020, 23:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I will try that. Thing is I've seen it work fine in the all units mod, so there be must something else I'm missing.

You will probably going to contact SneakEyes

https://www.coh2.org/user/20401/sneakeye#here

16 Jun 2020, 15:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The method in the All units mod uses many factors to determine if the unit is in setup and/or moving.

1. In sbps/your_squad/squad_team_weapon_ext/in_setup_action:
Add a dummy slot_item called 'is_in_setup'.
And a dummy upgrade called 'start_moving' with a requirement that the upgrade is not present.

2. In ebps/your_gun/action_apply:
2a. Add a first requirement_action to set an animator_set_state:
state_machine_name: artillery_state
do_action_state_name: mobile
undo_action_state_name: ready
retrigger: true

The requirement_table:
Code
Any_in_list:
All_in_list:
required_slot_item 'is_in_setup', min: 0 and max: 0
required_squad_upgrade 'start_moving' is_present: true
All_in_list:
required_slot_item 'is_in_setup', min: 0 and max: 0
required_not:
required_in_state, not_moving: true

2b. Add another requirement_action:
The action:
change_target_action(squad) > remove_upgrade 'start_moving'

The requirement_table:
Code
required_squad_upgrade 'start_moving' is_present: true
required_not:
required_in_state, not_moving: true

The slot_item is automatically removed when the squad in out of setup. This implementation causes the animation to start when the gun in converting from setup to moving and keeps that way until it stopped moving.
17 Jun 2020, 22:03 PM

And they are now picking up the gun. Your such a legend SneakEye. Thanks so much.
One last problem though is that the gun starts turning before they get the chance to pick it up. I tried changing the setup actions on the weapon but have had no luck. Do you know what might be causing this?
18 Jun 2020, 05:03 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Glad I could help :)

The setting you are looking for is: weapon\teardown\duration, mine is set to 2.
19 Jun 2020, 15:14 PM

Weirdly that's what I set mine to as well but it wouldn't do anything. The only time it would work is if I had non_moving_setup set to true. But that then lead to crew never put the gun down once they had done turning. Is there another setting I should have on?
19 Jun 2020, 17:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think these settings are important:
none_moving_setup: true
none_moving_setup_requires_facing: true
reset_rotation_on_teardown: false

Can you compare it with weapon\british\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\17_pounder_atg_mp?
(ctrl click the second file to show them both, the changes are bold)

I started with that weapon and only changed damage values and animations for the Pak.
19 Jun 2020, 23:15 PM

So I tried changing those settings and still had the same problem.

I also tried as you did just copying the 17 pounder weapon and changing the animations and still no success.

I'm really confused as to why this works for other people and not for me.
21 Nov 2020, 08:55 AM

I think these settings are important:
none_moving_setup: true
none_moving_setup_requires_facing: true
reset_rotation_on_teardown: false

Can you compare it with weapon\british\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\17_pounder_atg_mp?
(ctrl click the second file to show them both, the changes are bold)

I started with that weapon and only changed damage values and animations for the Pak.

Hello again. I followed your guide to making the 25-pounder emplacement and everything works, EXCEPT, it does not turn toward the target. The rounds will leave the end of the barrel and head towards the target area regardless, but the gun does not turn. I found this thread and followed your directions, EXCEPT for these values quoted here. I can not seem to find them. I checked the gun, the weapon, and even the ability. What am I doing wrong?
21 Nov 2020, 09:37 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

All of these values are located in the weapon itself under behavior.
21 Nov 2020, 09:45 AM

Hello again. I followed your guide to making the 25-pounder emplacement and everything works, EXCEPT, it does not turn toward the target. The rounds will leave the end of the barrel and head towards the target area regardless, but the gun does not turn. I found this thread and followed your directions, EXCEPT for these values quoted here. I can not seem to find them. I checked the gun, the weapon, and even the ability. What am I doing wrong?

Embarrassed to say I found those values in behaviour_ext of the weapon. I made the changes, because they were exactly opposite of what you called for here. I tested and the gun still does NOT rotate.
21 Nov 2020, 10:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Embarrassed to say I found those values in behaviour_ext of the weapon. I made the changes, because they were exactly opposite of what you called for here. I tested and the gun still does NOT rotate.

The Pak43 and 25pdr are supposed to have different settings. They have very different implementations. The Pak43 rotates the entire object, while the 25 pounder does not move and only changes its gun direction variable.

The 25pdr should therefor have the following settings:
non_moving_setup: false
non_moving_setup_requires_facing: false
reset_rotation_on_teardown: true

Can you double check these two steps from the guide,
- In the gun, remove moving_ext
- Set in abilities\action_list\start_target_actions\artillery_attack\face_to_target to true.
21 Nov 2020, 13:23 PM

The Pak43 and 25pdr are supposed to have different settings. They have very different implementations. The Pak43 rotates the entire object, while the 25 pounder does not move and only changes its gun direction variable.

The 25pdr should therefor have the following settings:
non_moving_setup: false
non_moving_setup_requires_facing: false
reset_rotation_on_teardown: true

Can you double check these two steps from the guide,
- In the gun, remove moving_ext
- Set in abilities\action_list\start_target_actions\artillery_attack\face_to_target to true.

Hmmmm, okay I understand. The gun was not turning and I mistook this thread for a possible solution. I will redo the 25 pounder from scratch later today and let you know how it goes. I have family business to attend to right now. Thanks for the quick response. I will get back to you later today.
23 Nov 2020, 00:14 AM

Okay, I just recreated the 25-pounder emplacement again, from scratch, following your guide. Everything is working just fine; it builds, it turns, it fires. I want to add smoke and airburst abilities to the gun. I'll add and test them one at a time to make sure the gun still turns toward the target.

Sorry for the confusion Sneakeye.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment