Login

russian armor

OKW infantery is Insane

10 Jun 2020, 09:53 AM

Seriously, I don't know what I can do against this. I am playing sovietic and against OKW infantery i am just stomp.

They start with Strumpionner that is very very strong and for instance in a bulding it's a nightmare to kick them out. If they come contact to me conscrit it's finish for them.

So the typical game against OKW it's : I have 3 conscrits + saper, they have 3 vols (or 4 sometime) + stormpionner and i don't see how I can win against it. It's worst when they upgrade with STG, 3 sections with STG kill my MG while they attack it face to face (the Maxim doesn't have the time to stun ...)

And i don't talk about Obersoldaten or Fallcherms.

So i am wondering question, i try to start conscrit + mg
or X4 conscrit

And it's everytime the same situation, i win only if i take section or if the guy is really dumb.
It's really easier against normal german.
10 Jun 2020, 09:56 AM

mgs dont stun, they supress and when a volks squad wins against a maxim upfront, i suggest stop placing it in red cover
10 Jun 2020, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 09:56 AMBaba
mgs dont stun, they supress and when a volks squad wins against a maxim upfront, i suggest stop placing it in red cover

Yes i mean supress.
Sometime it's in yellow cover. Green cover is not everywhere. My conscrit doesn't destroy a MG42 in redcover attacking in front
10 Jun 2020, 10:01 AM

how long have you been playing this game
10 Jun 2020, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 10:01 AMBaba
how long have you been playing this game

that doesn't answer to my questions
10 Jun 2020, 10:07 AM

Try shock troops vs Sturm pio's, works wonders. Actually shock troops vs any axis infantry do great (only close range ofcourse, real close).

Also 2x engineer(Flamers) 2x penal(AT rifle), + double sniper, nightmare to OKW. Later + T70.
10 Jun 2020, 10:09 AM

Try shock troops vs Sturm pio's, works wonders. Actually shock troops vs any axis infantry do great (only close range ofcourse, real close).

Also 2x engineer(Flamers) 2x penal(AT rifle), + double sniper, nightmare to OKW. Later + T70.

Yes of course shock is a good option, but i am more talking for the beginning of the game, from the start to 2/3 points of commander.

I am playing in 2vs2, if from my side i am loosing the fuel (and my ally too) it's over.

Like you start with
Saper
Saper
Penal
Penal
Sniper
Sniper ?

10 Jun 2020, 10:10 AM

Firstly, the BO you described is weird and doesnt seem very practical

You wanna rely heavily on flamer engies, so make at least one more to backup the starting squad (but not really straight away) Ideally start with either two to three cons and then back that up with MG. Though tbh the Soviet T2 is pretty damn bad (Maxim especially), Id recommend sniping, esp against OKW who doesnt have reliable counter
10 Jun 2020, 10:11 AM

Firstly, the BO you described is weird and doesnt seem very practical

You wanna rely heavily on flamer engies, so make at least one more to backup the starting squad (but not really straight away) Ideally start with either two to three cons and then back that up with MG. Though tbh the Soviet T2 is pretty damn bad (Maxim especially), Id recommend sniping, esp against OKW who doesnt have reliable counter

The problem, for me, to start with T1 is how to counter the mobile flak who supress and stun sections in few seconds ?
10 Jun 2020, 10:14 AM

Why should I bother explaining anything when this guy placed the thread under “coh2 balance”?

Another quality thread.

Thanks for the up :)
10 Jun 2020, 10:15 AM

post a replay so one can tell you what youre doing wrong.
10 Jun 2020, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 10:15 AMBaba
post a replay so one can tell you what youre doing wrong.

I DL at 300 kb/s it's not a option for me :)
10 Jun 2020, 10:22 AM

you dont have to download, i want you to upload something
10 Jun 2020, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 10:22 AMBaba
you dont have to download, i want you to upload something

If my download is very bad, so my uplaod is...
10 Jun 2020, 10:25 AM

well, you dont give us very much to work with here.
you could make this thread about any unit in any matchup
10 Jun 2020, 10:27 AM

should be replaced to the lobby or so.

Flak HT dies fast if you shoot it from 2 or 3 sides with penal AT rifles. Or just avoid the HT since it doesn't fire on the move.

T70 also deletes the HT soon enough and if you keep your fuel, the enemy has just as much fuel as you do.
MMX
10 Jun 2020, 11:02 AM

I think you didn't quite understand what he was talking about. A CoH2 replay file is usually in the range of a few hundred KBs to 1-2 MB; this amount of data you could easily upload with a spotty 56k dial up connection. No one will ask you to record a video of you playing. Just go to your "my games\company of heroes 2\playback" folder, select the last game you played (temp.rec) and upload it to the site to get help.
10 Jun 2020, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 11:02 AMMMX

I think you didn't quite understand what he was talking about. A CoH2 replay file is usually in the range of a few hundred KBs to 1-2 MB; this amount of data you could easily upload with a spotty 56k dial up connection. No one will ask you to record a video of you playing. Just go to your "my games\company of heroes 2\playback" folder, select the last game you played (temp.rec) and upload it to the site to get help.

Oh i didn't know, thank. I will save my next game if i failed
10 Jun 2020, 11:30 AM

replay files have only a few MB, even with your slow connection u can upload them in a few minutes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS