Login

russian armor

Scatter This! - Your trusty scatter calculator

MMX
30 Nov 2021, 04:16 AM

Hmm... now that you say it, I don't think there's any excel-based bugsplat simulator for CoH2 yet... Hold my beer! :D
MMX
12 Jan 2022, 08:31 AM

UPDATE 1/12/2022 It's been a while since the last update to the spreadsheet, so I figured it's time to bring back ScatterThis! with updated unit stats reflecting the most-recent patches and a number of new features. Get the newest version here!

• Updated MG damage calculation model: While the previous solution allowed a crude approximation of the DPS/KPS the tank-mounted MGs add to the overall AI performance, it wasn't really suited to capture the variance, or "hit-and-miss" nature, usually observed in-game (who doesn't love chasing a retreating squad across the map while constantly missing the last, lethal hit?). The new randomized model does just that by taking the number of fired bullets, targeting delays and accuracy into account when randomizing the damage output in a more realistic fashion

• Improved simulation algorithm: A couple of tweaks to the VBA code tremendously increased the speed of the simulation, meaning that results are generated in about 1/10 of the time it took previously.

• Up-to-date unit stats (sort of): While some remaining errors are likely, most of the recent balance changes should have made it into the unit stats tab of the spreadsheet by now. Unfortunately, some new abilities (e.g. the 105mm Sherman's and leFH's new barrage abilities) are still missing as there's currently no way of extracting the stats from the game.

• New unit templates: A couple of light and ultra-light vehicles are now implemented (including the SdKfz 222 AC; thanks to Klement Pikhtura for the suggestion).

• Improved simulator tab: The simulator tab has received some additional functionality and most relevant options (e.g. FoW and moving penalties, % uptime of tank-mounted MGs, etc) can now be set directly in the simulator tab.

• Overhauled comparison tab: The graphical interface for plotting and comparison of the simulation results has been revamped to allow more data sets (6) to be displayed at a time. Other plotting options, such as switching between continuous or stepwise graphs and different color schemes have been added as well (again many thanks to Klement Pikhtura for the valuable feedback).

• Damage distribution plots: The new damage distribution tab offers a more in-depth way to analyze how much and how reliable a unit delivers its damage over time. The 3D datasets produced in this tab display the probability distribution of how much damage / how many model kills are scored with each successive shot. This can give a pretty good impression of the variance (or reliability) of the DPS/KPS output as well as the alpha-damage capabilities, both of which are otherwise hard to capture using 2D plots.

12 Jan 2022, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2022, 08:31 AMMMX
  • Up-to-date unit stats (sort of): While some remaining errors are likely, most of the recent balance changes should have made it into the unit stats tab of the spreadsheet by now. Unfortunately, some new abilities (e.g. the 105mm Sherman's and leFH's new barrage abilities) are still missing as there's currently no way of extracting the stats from the game.

have you tried any of these:

https://www.coh2.org/guides/11637/extracting-statistics-guide
MMX
12 Jan 2022, 09:25 AM

Yeah I remember that guide. Unforunately, the link to the sga extractor has been dead for a while. Not sure if there's any other way to extract these files, but at least I don't know of any.
12 Jan 2022, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2022, 09:25 AMMMX
Yeah I remember that guide. Unforunately, the link to the sga extractor has been dead for a while. Not sure if there's any other way to extract these files, but at least I don't know of any.

Hi there MMX,

perhaps this might be of use to you.
https://janne252.dev/content/2021/coh3-pre-alpha-extract-sga

MMX
12 Jan 2022, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2022, 09:32 AMle12ro

Hi there MMX,

perhaps this might be of use to you.
https://janne252.dev/content/2021/coh3-pre-alpha-extract-sga

Oh wow, that looks interesting, gotta try if I can get this to work. Thanks a ton for the link le12ro!
17 Oct 2022, 15:39 PM

Can you add the M-42 canister shot?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight