Login

russian armor

Unbalanced pay commanders

PAGES (11)down
18 Nov 2013, 12:01 PM

They didn't go in the right direction with this game period. lots of 4v4 (casuals) left the game long time ago.
A lot of 1v1 players left because of balance/RNG/hero units and generally this game only having the same name as COH and visually looks similar.

I think I am done playing anyway. Weather you play 1v1 or 4v4, its not what i signed up for. (also I get the feeling from community that I won't be the only one calling it quits, at lest for a prolonged period)
RTS game should be about strategy not about RNG luck and 'hero units'

Guess we are agreeing to some extend then..

I don't know about those that play teamgames, the thing is that their whole policy just goes in the wrong direction (as you said). CoH1 was fun for everybody and competitive for those who wanted to play it competitively. CoH2 is not competitive, casualized (that's why I feel they are aiming more towards casual gameplay) and their actions are contradiciting themselves (tons of commanders vs. balance).

All this is why I feel like they are trying to save what is left and just release all that content, hoping some people are buying it (and I am pretty sure most of those that want to play the game competitively in tourneys and stuff are not buying it).

Anyways, I am not even sure why I am bothering so much. I should have given up long time ago, as Relics actions are over and over again showing that they don't want to change the direction of the game. Maybe it's that last bit of hope that they are taking a 360° turn...

1. 90% of people agree (and more) that OP commanders are ruining the game (not that Relic is deliberately ruining the game for 1v1 players so it can please 3v3 and 4v4 players as Trainz suggests)

I said that it seems to me that they are trying to please the broader mass of players in the community (and that are obviously those that play teamgames). Never said they are deliberately fucking over 1v1 players, although that might be a side effect.

2. Relic is only balancing games for 1v1 and somewhat 2v2 (if they only cared about 3v3 and 4v4 players, as Trainz suggests, they would balance those. Not 1v1)

Yup I agree with you. They are not balancing for 3v3s or 4v4s, ofc not. They are just not improving where it needs to be done.

3. Commanders are sold to both 1v1 and 4v4 players (Trainz pinning fault on people abusing commanders in 1v1 on Relics trying to please 4v4 players is borderline retarded)

Yeah you are right, it was stupid to say that they are only trying to please 4v4 players. The thing is that I feel betrayed by the way they are acting.

I don't care for what purpose they are releasing those commanders. Fact is that they don't add anything to the game, gameplay-wise. Especially not for 1v1s. If they are seriously trying to make the game competitive, they would stop adding more and more retarded commanders and work on having well thought-out commanders. So for me the only logical conclusion is that they are simply trying to make as much money as possible.

So yeah, it might not be the case that they are only trying to please 4v4 players, but in fact they are definitely not trying to please those that want competitive gameplay.
18 Nov 2013, 12:57 PM

Company of Heroes 2 is about as competitive as playing checkers on a chess board.
18 Nov 2013, 17:19 PM

Coh2 is like chess, but instead of having it fair, you can buy a superqueen that can teleport around on the board. Because that is how you get variety and keeping the game of chess fresh.
18 Nov 2013, 18:32 PM

Coh2 is like chess, but instead of having it fair, you can buy a superqueen that can teleport around on the board. Because that is how you get variety and keeping the game of chess fresh.

Edit:
Coh2 is like P2W, instead of having it fair, you can buy a commander that can teleport around on the map. Because that is how you get variety and keeping the game of P2W fresh.
18 Nov 2013, 19:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Edit:
Coh2 is like P2W, instead of having it fair, you can buy a commander that can teleport around on the map. Because that is how you get variety and keeping the game of P2W fresh.

there not that good units ive used them yes they can be effective but if youve used them they are not that powerful infantry and cannot cap only decap. (at first anyways.)
18 Nov 2013, 20:44 PM

I'm waiting for the "Elite Noclip Commander".

I'm sure that Relic balance team is ready to give it the greenlight.
20 Nov 2013, 05:15 AM

Company of Heroes 2 is about as competitive as playing checkers on a chess board.

Which, incidentally, is exactly the same as a checkers board.

But at risk of conjuring memories of standardized tests from bygone decades: "COH2:CoH::Checkers:Chess" seems rather accurate.
20 Nov 2013, 08:44 AM
Donator 11

I would be more than happy if they just removed elite troops and soviet industry, the game was much better before these commanders and games were far more competitive.

I have found myself playing less and less since the release of them...
20 Nov 2013, 09:27 AM

They could remove them, but are they going to refund everyone's money that bought them too?
20 Nov 2013, 12:01 PM
Donator 22

They could remove them, but are they going to refund everyone's money that bought them too?

and this will never happen
20 Nov 2013, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 20:44 PMGreeb
I'm waiting for the "Elite Noclip Commander".

I'm sure that Relic balance team is ready to give it the greenlight.

Don't be silly. Instead we are going to get the "Elite Ultrasuper stormtrooper Uber Commander" and "Free call in Hero of the Motherland Extreme 85mm t34's"

I can almost taste the unbalance this Christmas.
20 Nov 2013, 12:45 PM

If they are any clever, they could just change the content so it requires skill to use.

Removing the commander all together is probably unlikely, yes.
20 Nov 2013, 13:07 PM

Which, incidentally, is exactly the same as a checkers board.

But at risk of conjuring memories of standardized tests from bygone decades: "COH2:CoH::Checkers:Chess" seems rather accurate.

Ironic, isn't it?

It's the same board, but strategic depth all depends on which of the two games you want to play.

Now, in reference to Company of Heroes, replace the word "board" with "franchise."
22 Nov 2013, 23:39 PM

ITT - A bunch of young whiny punks who's parents won't buy them the new commanders.

I see many 1v1 & 2v2 matches being played by the highest ranking players still using regular commanders. You guys get too butthurt when you lose and cry OP/P2W. Grow up.
9 Dec 2015, 22:19 PM

WALKING STUKA IS OP... by far
9 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM
Patrion 14

9 Dec 2015, 22:34 PM

Looking at this thread allows us to see all those who have had the guts to quit CoH2. Nostalgia...
9 Dec 2015, 23:00 PM

Yeah, its cool, some people actually put their money where their mouth is.

Also the gold photo someone made I saved when this 2013 RIP never forget shit happened:

10 Dec 2015, 00:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Good to see old friends like Nullist.
10 Dec 2015, 00:05 AM

Calliope/lmg spam op? :foreveralone:
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W