russian armor

Unbalanced pay commanders

PAGES (11)down
14 Nov 2013, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 19:50 PMakula

3 SU85's should take out a tiger ace

And IL-2 bombing run
14 Nov 2013, 14:47 PM

If this game is going into a big P2W milking cow I will simply unistall it and never see it again

I don't think it will happen. Relic brought into this game almost every possible vehicle that was on the batefields. What else new can they introduce? A freaking nuke bomb?
Tossing abilities around trying to make people buy the commander will not work.
14 Nov 2013, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 22:00 PMStoffa
I bought the commanders because I wanted the full online experience.
I did not buy the commanders because I support P2W.

I now hate the new commanders and consider Relic incompetent. Will not buy any more DLC. Fuck you for ruining the game I enjoyed so much, and fuck u even more if u deliberately made the commanders op to boost sales.

I totally agree. I've played 2 4vs4 games last night on the Soviet side, and I didn't understand yet if I enjoyed new gameplay. It just feels so different, so awkward. I wish things are back to old scheme. It was a lot more challenging to play for Red Army, and the victory was a lot more valuable and desirable.
Yesterday, we didn't even break a sweat to beat Germans.
14 Nov 2013, 15:16 PM

I think the best solution would be to SPLIT the multiplayer in TWO portions.
First is for use of original commanders ONLY.
Second is for use of original commanders PLUS dlc ones.

If someone wants to play old school - choose first option in the game menu.
If someone wants to use these OP commanders for different gameplay - choose DLC option.

How simply it is?
Let me know what you think.
14 Nov 2013, 15:22 PM

It's just sad to read what you write. Relic is only balancing game for 1v1 and somewhat 2v2.
Any issue there is in 1v1 is magnified by factor of few for team games.

Try not to go full retard when writing posts, thanks..

90% of the people that posted in this thread agree with Trainz if you didn't notice. They can attempt to balance the game for 1v1 as much as they like but its never going to matter when they sell game breaking doctrines every month for $4 (not even F2P games have a model like this) and then only nerf them after the fact so that they can squeeze out as much money as possible. The balance might be directed towards competition but with many of the core design elements that is irrelevant.
14 Nov 2013, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 15:16 PMtokarev

If someone wants to play old school

he has to play coh1......oh wait ita absolutly buggy ATM...
14 Nov 2013, 15:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

90% of the people that posted in this thread agree with Trainz if you didn't notice

first off where fuck did you get 90%, it's a technicality I know :P. Seriously though just because a bunch of people agree/disagree doesn't make him right/or wrong. ironically to this point why do the few always rule the many.
14 Nov 2013, 15:58 PM

Totally agree, cant believe how much fuss people are making, its a fact of life stuff costs money get over it! Even if they brought out the commanders for free people would still whine. Its a game, you know one of those things you play in your spare time for fun not a top level sport like some people seem to think. OMFG monopoly is so RNG with those chance cards and Mayfair is so OP I lost yesterday to the dam boot because of that!
This way of thiking let companies do whatever they like, because they don't even have to bother being fair to customers, you will buy their product anyway.

This bussiness model clearly shows that Relic/Sega was never interested in e-sport or even competetive multiplayer.
14 Nov 2013, 16:09 PM

This bussiness model cleary shows that Relic/Sega was never interested in e-sport or even competetive multiplayer.

They will tell you that spamming DLC´s is caring about the community. Furthermore "improving" the game.
When you read across all the latest posts, people are not dumb, which gives me a little hope, that this pressure will kick relics ass for change.
14 Nov 2013, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 15:16 PMtokarev
I think the best solution would be to SPLIT the multiplayer in TWO portions.
First is for use of original commanders ONLY.
Second is for use of original commanders PLUS dlc ones.

If someone wants to play old school - choose first option in the game menu.
If someone wants to use these OP commanders for different gameplay - choose DLC option.

How simply it is?
Let me know what you think.

100% agree. Keep all the bonus stuff out of Automatch.
14 Nov 2013, 16:23 PM

Most humorous part to me is watching people QQ about losing to T-70s when they're trying to play gren gren gren HMG mortar extended tier 1. Sorry, but I'm not sorry that that isn't going to counter a T70. You know it is coming, it is obvious that it is coming - tech sooner to compensate.

I'm not saying the doctrine shouldn't be changed, I think it should, but the game isn't doomed because one commander warps the meta-game. Unless you're in the top 25 or so pretty much every "balance" issue can be overcome by playing better. I know it is hard to admit and easy to QQ about "pay2win" commanders but at the end of the day learning to adapt and counter builds is part of any RTS.
14 Nov 2013, 16:36 PM

People realize that you can just make house rules for tournaments?
14 Nov 2013, 17:14 PM

The thing that hurts me the most is that inside the game seems that everyone has bought the new commanders. So it seems that the ones complaining about the abusive-pricing and gamebreaking DLCs are a minority.

I've played 5 team games today and in all of them at least one player had the Tiger Ace commander.
14 Nov 2013, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Ciez: What conventional build do you recommend then as an adaptation?
14 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 16:23 PMCieZ
Most humorous part to me is watching people QQ about losing to T-70s when they're trying to play gren gren gren HMG mortar extended tier 1. Sorry, but I'm not sorry that that isn't going to counter a T70. You know it is coming, it is obvious that it is coming - tech sooner to compensate.

I'm not saying the doctrine shouldn't be changed, I think it should, but the game isn't doomed because one commander warps the meta-game. Unless you're in the top 25 or so pretty much every "balance" issue can be overcome by playing better. I know it is hard to admit and easy to QQ about "pay2win" commanders but at the end of the day learning to adapt and counter builds is part of any RTS.

I think the ''learn to adapt', argument only goes so far. If a commander allows a less skilled player to win just because he bought it, then it's BS and needs to be changed. I mean, sure, if you fight an uphill battle using specific strategies and assuming you're better than your opponent, you can beat it, but ''beatable'' sure as heck doesn't equal ''balanced''.

Also, what tech do you recommend then? Because a well-used T70 will never be hit by fausts and will probably be able to avoid PAKs, as well as make a mockery of panzershrecks. What else is there, sink 60 ammo into a Teller and pray the random god he steps on it? I also strongly dislike that a single commander shifts the game into ''counter the T70 or die'' mode. It's one-sided and very much unfun to play against.

14 Nov 2013, 17:27 PM

Well, now Relic knows what the community feels about their new Commanders for sure so please dont make us read the same rage posts over and over again, its just tiring and destructive.

In my opinion its not the pricing thats the problem here, its the effect this Commanders and their abilities have on the game. I mean, all you guys gotta sit on high end PC`s to even get to play this and you whining about 3.9 euros commanders.. its enough to make a cat laugh. And by the way, you dont need them all. You buy the one that would appeal to you, if any of them does. If your used to get all new thingys, you got a problem, not Relic. Its not their job raise you up to adulthood. And you definitely do not need all the new shiny things to stay competive, evidence of that is all tourneys and competive matches already played where most use the free commanders and doing just fine (as long as it all is balanced right ofc, coming back to that).
So sorry to all you spoiled bratts out there who think all things come for free, as you grow up you will find out that actually nothing comes for free so time to wake up and smell the coffey. Your confusing hobby with actual jobs. This is our hobby, but their jobs. They demand pocket change from their player base to be able to continue working on the this great game and give us new stuff and thats legit and highly deserved. Got to add the most funny thing i read is kids whining over the price of skins.. Skins? You already got colours on your tanks but you crave for a slightly different colour and is flabbergasted that they take money for this like its absolutly essential for your gameplay :P I would never in my wildest dreams buy colours for my tanks, its just stupid and the only reason would be to support Relic. But if you actually want it that much, pay up and forever keep your peace.

Now, the REAL issue here is what this new commander abilities that keeps rollin out does to the gameplay, which could seem to be devastating for the game in whole. They have to do this a different way. Firstly they have to go the round with beta testers like today. Then they must release them only available for custom and compstomp games. After a week or two and hundreds of OP, nerf, buff and stuff feedbacks, they will do what is necessary before they release them for multiplayer and ranked games. We need another test round before they get in competive play or we will end up like we did now every time new content is coming. And this is actually Relics responsability and not ours. Never think that we will get new stuff of any kind without paing for it, but when we do it should be good, balanced and improve the game, not making a chaos like they tend to do today.

Now, time for the community to start to support Relic again and turn all of this rambling rage into something constructive. Stop threatning with uninstall, we all know the game is to good for shit like that. lets try to work with them instead of against them. Thx

14 Nov 2013, 17:28 PM

Truth has a Relic, bud truth has the players..The player is bread..My view:
I've bought Coh2 Delux 79,99 €
four new generals 4 x 3,99 € is 15,96 €
Stalingrad bundle 11.99 €
two new generals 2 x 3,99 € is 7,98€
together : 115.92 €

It's the most money I ever gave pc game. I'm not sorry that money because COH is a really great game and RTS has no rival. If I was a psycho and I'd buy all skins and faceplates, we would have to cost more than 200€. With that I have a little headache :)
And here we do not have third DLC and new gen. and skins and faceplates. Maybe it climbs to 300€. Those of my 115 i really am sorry if: A) COH2 is not a game for one year, what should not according to the model COH1 B) if RELIC will really try to listen to the community and the game will support long-term (2-3years) C), and unless something RELIC makes the Tiger Ace, or soviet receive a similar weapon :banana:
I'm not the player with the TOP 100, but game I enjoyed. Now when I see when loading the opponent has an Tiger Ace, i'm sick of it. Playful for the Soviets like best and I think all games 1vs1 and 4vs4 is hereby generals with Tiger Ace changed completely on the contrary. The strategy of both fractions have radically changed and, if (as I write players or already here or on Steam CoH forum or forums) that this entails having problems on something that will.. Sentences like: not enough me four su85 are common phenomena..I'm not saying Tiger Ace can not destroy. But do not want to start the game with a team of oponents have Ace and I have to use 4x su85 or 4 x t34 and RAM. Download the full infantry or send him to 5x units with bazookas (which, they have no Soviets):). Still survives, and the game was over for me.. So far I've played against the Germans, now I play against Tiger ace. If it goes on like this, I will be very disappointed, the game stops playing and my 115 € tent is a waste of money...I think I'm not the only soviet..What do you think?
sovietssovietssovietssovietssovietssoviets
14 Nov 2013, 17:30 PM

paks will hold ground easy, backed up with occasional shreks to prevent circling the paks.

14 Nov 2013, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:16 PMNullist
Ciez: What conventional build do you recommend then as an adaptation?

I beat it with schrecks in a 250 halftrack followed up by a PaK using assault gren doctrine (yes yes another paid commander) but the general trend is the same. Save your munitions for Schrecks, get a PaK and maybe a 2cm 222. Use this to stall for a Stug III or Pz4.

My general build to counter it would be 3-4 grens (depending on fuel control/timing) NO LMGs and NO rifle nades. Pgrens + Schrecks, halftrack, PaK and see from there. PaKs really are your best friend against this doctrine because they'll be EXTREMELY limited on infantry so you don't have to worry as much about infantry flanks. They doctrine really pushes them into mass amounts of tanks, if you force them into an infantry game from so much AT, they're destined to lose.

Every time I've seen Ivan or anyone else stream win with a very fast T-70 the opponent has been very unprepared. Any time I've won, the opponents have been very unprepared.

That being said... I haven't lost yet while playing Soviet Industry, but I also haven't lost to it while playing as Germans (to be fair I've played a lot more games with Sov Industry so far than against it though).
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS