Login

russian armor

UKF - too much healing?

18 Apr 2020, 15:56 PM

Edit: Should this be moved to balance? Feel free to

Disclaimer: I'm a UKF main player

I haven't played against UKF since the update, but by playing as one, it feels like there's too much healing now? I have an amazing medic squad who can go wherever independently AND my rifles can heal themselves and anyone near.

It feels way too easy to keep everyone topped off.

I understand why the medic squad was thought necessary and I like it, so my suggestion is:

- Remove the medical supplies upgrade for IS

And replace it with another upgrade, perhaps to try to separate out the IS's power a bit late game accross different squads and encourage some diversification and micro. When just one of your combat squads can heal everyone nearby simultaneously WHILE ON THE MOVE blobbing gets much easier too.

I would also suggest make the medic squad's medical supplies ability a toggle-able AOE that locks movment (Like USA ambo) So it can't heal on the move and it can be set up by a retreat point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SIDETRACK/potential upgrade idea
Replaces the medkit and the arty flare upgrade is also removed, so a player must pick between high fire-power, defensive tommies or scouting, mobile, arty & smoke dropping tommies:

- 'Green Jackets' like the recon section from COH1. A light, fast section for mobile warfare, flanking and harassing, so normal tommies can be kept in their cover-loving defensive identity, but UKF still get something more mobile:

"Tommies receive a skirmishing package of sharpshooter rifles and artillery flares. Section sacrifices their heavy weapons capacity for better performance in mobile warfare."

Requires Platoon Command Post
+ Further sight range
+ Add scoped lee-enfields
- Removed out of cover penalties and in-cover bonuses
- Removed weapon slots (no brens or PIATS)
+ receive parachute flares when the player picks hammer tactics instead of gammon bomb. (from Pz fusiliers & rifleman company)
+ Rifle grenade arty flares (further launch range than current) & smoke rifle grenade (from Rear Echelons). Remove current arty flare upgrade

By late game a squad with can throw down smoke, then run up to call in an arty strike and throw a gammon bomb feels a bit much, as a user. Making flares part of this upgrade instead would separate the firepower (of dual brens & gammon bomb) from the arty & spotting a bit and give the UKF a mobile squad to compliment regular Tommies.

To work with vet bonuses for IS:
vet1: Sight range in cover increases by 10m in heavy cover (stacks with Green Jacket Upgrade)
vet2: Received accuracy decreased by 33%
vet3: No longer gives 2 scoped lee-en-fields

18 Apr 2020, 18:03 PM

I don't think UKF has too much healing. OKW have medics, med crates, and a bunch of self-healing units. Wehr has medics, first aid vet ability, and halftrack healing. I'd say UKF is on par with these.
19 Apr 2020, 11:46 AM

I don't think UKF has too much healing. OKW have medics, med crates, and a bunch of self-healing units. Wehr has medics, first aid vet ability, and halftrack healing. I'd say UKF is on par with these.

These are all tied to bases/vehicles or need munitions though, with the medic squad, I can heal a unit(s) quickly wherever on the cheap and quite safely because it's a cheap inf squad who can retreat. I definitely like it because it's unique from other factions. But it gives way more freedom and control than what anyone else has.
19 Apr 2020, 15:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm not a huge fan of the medic squad, but I was not a hzge fan of the medic upgrade before this either. The medic squad is a step forward though, since the IS upgrade just encouraged blobbing.
I find the medic squad a bit clunky to use. The standard healing does not seem to heal highly damaged models properly. And even if it does, keeping it on the front line often makes no sense since UKF cannot reinforce at the front line. So you are better off to just keep the squad in the base anyway and do front-line healing with one upgraded IS.
On the other hand, medics are a cheap capping squad if you don't need them, so front line duty seems to be benefitial.

All in all the unit is just a bit weird to use, at least for me.
If possible, my favourite would be to give Brits standard healing squads on all bases (HQ, FOB and gliders). And then make the IS upgrade replace one soldier with a medic and enable the squad to either use the OST med kits or drop med crates like OKW. So you sacrifice a bit of firepower for free, slow healing, but can speed it up by paying a bit of mun.

However I am still at the stage where I need to find out how to most efficiently use the medic squad, so maybe no fixes are needed.
20 Apr 2020, 12:31 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the medic squad, but I was not a hzge fan of the medic upgrade before this either. The medic squad is a step forward though, since the IS upgrade just encouraged blobbing.
I find the medic squad a bit clunky to use. The standard healing does not seem to heal highly damaged models properly. And even if it does, keeping it on the front line often makes no sense since UKF cannot reinforce at the front line. So you are better off to just keep the squad in the base anyway and do front-line healing with one upgraded IS.
On the other hand, medics are a cheap capping squad if you don't need them, so front line duty seems to be benefitial.

All in all the unit is just a bit weird to use, at least for me.
If possible, my favourite would be to give Brits standard healing squads on all bases (HQ, FOB and gliders). And then make the IS upgrade replace one soldier with a medic and enable the squad to either use the OST med kits or drop med crates like OKW. So you sacrifice a bit of firepower for free, slow healing, but can speed it up by paying a bit of mun.

However I am still at the stage where I need to find out how to most efficiently use the medic squad, so maybe no fixes are needed.

I really like being able to order the medic squad around. Rather than seperate upgrades on different buildings I can just move it by the building I want the heals and when my inf is all on the field I bring them up for on-field healing. (Especially weapon teams clipped by mortar rounds & grenades). If I do a big retreat of injured squads I just retreat the medics back to base too and they start auto-healing when they get there.

To make it less clunky, could they make the area healing ability a toggle one that locks movement like the USA ambulance? Could make some med crates appear for effect like the ambo does too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★