Login

russian armor

7 muni Anti Personnel mine

13 Nov 2013, 20:07 PM

this mine really isnt that strong. its the same as the german s mine, excpet that builds 4 quadrants, each with 4 mines in it. so youre getting 1/16 of a german mine field for 7 munitions instead of 5.
13 Nov 2013, 21:10 PM

Oh so they are using the same weapon?
I guess they then feel so strong because people can actually place them manually (unlike the random distribution in the S mine field) and because of smaller squads. 2 mines closer to each other rather than spread out randomly + smaller squads (smaller squad spread, more soldiers caught).
This reminds me that we still can't build S mines in a sensible manner.
13 Nov 2013, 21:20 PM

It doesn't 1 shot vetted grens

So, sorry.
13 Nov 2013, 21:25 PM

10 munitions, with a bit more killing power than the flare trip mine (they often get 0 kills) would be oké I think.
13 Nov 2013, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 20:07 PMwooof
this mine really isnt that strong. its the same as the german s mine, excpet that builds 4 quadrants, each with 4 mines in it. so youre getting 1/16 of a german mine field for 7 munitions instead of 5.

EDIT: assuming the mines are identical to the ost s-mines:

So it's 16 mines at 80 munis for OST and 112 munis for soviets.

Sounds fair, even UP - if you do not think about it.

Killing power:
Conscripts and gren units do not have the same health pool (4 vs. 6 men). Grens posses better armor to make up for that - which is apparently nigh useless against explosive weapons.
So the 7 munis mine is 1.5 times as lethal right there.

Availibility:
Ost - 80 munis up front, even for one patch - 60 munis are refunded if the other patches are aborted in time.
Sov - 7 munis a piece.

Placement:
Ost - somewhere around there
Soviet - exactly where indicated (preferably at natural terrain chokepoints)

Visible indicators of placed mines
Ost - bloody big signs
Soviet - none (I didn't spot any so far)

Removal:
Ost - needs minesweeper - after spotting the signs or after triggering one of the 4 mines in a patch the rest may be defused
Soviet - needs minesweeper - after triggering one there may be none or further 20 mines in the area (hf searching).
Defusing mines was rewarding up until now..

Deployment time
I have no info on that - sure as hell won't by the commander to find out. (Edit: commander is free. My bad/Edit)
May be in favor of either faction. I would appreciate input regarding this.
13 Nov 2013, 21:52 PM

It seems that they are totally bugged. Sometimes they inflict almost zero damage and sometimes they kill two models of a full health squad.
13 Nov 2013, 21:54 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 19:53 PMRsvT
Damn, it seems its gonna be t70 & mine party in SNF.

These commanders cannot be used in SNF, as written in their rules.
13 Nov 2013, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 21:51 PMMadok

Sounds fair, even UP - if you do not think about it.

im not claiming UP or OP. i actually agree with most of your points that the german mine field is bad. building 4 at once and leaving signs are both bad ideas in my opinion. i was just commenting on the actual killing power of the mine, which isnt impressive for either faction.

sure as hell won't by the commander to find out.

this doctrine is free...
13 Nov 2013, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 22:07 PMwooof
this doctrine is free...

Thanks - will test this when I get home then - which will be in a couple of days..

The mistake's still embarrassing I must admit. :)
14 Nov 2013, 01:51 AM
Patrion 27

If someone is going Industry that means they won't be holing up in buildings so you don't need flamers. This opens up your Pioneers to use minesweepers. Their detection range was buffed from 15 to 25 so it may be insignificant and it may be something.
14 Nov 2013, 02:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 18:15 PMNullist
Look at the beta testers responding.
So far 3 have said "fuck you" and one thinks I will get banned rather than these guys.
What a great crew of responsible, mature and representative people seem to populate the beta. No wonder we have the results we do now. Thanks for proving my point completely and publicly showing who and what you really are. Its like GR all over again.

@Relic: Drop the beta immediately and employ professional testers. There are reasonable pro players who will gladly give their input for an actual community rep. Guys like Siberian, Stephenn, Hans and Cata. Even amd especially vonIvan! Hell, theyll do it for free, but you can toss em a DLC Commander for thanks, that they will then showcase in their hours of stream for free advertising. Your beta community is poison. Drop it like a bad batch of eggs.

As IpKaiFung has said, we don't test changes in a vacuum. There are a lot of other changes in the beta that haven't hit live yet that completely change the way the game is played. These changes also affect our perception of balance of course. Can't really say much there obviously but I hope it will all be clear soon.

Regarding having more professional players in the beta I definitely agree with you. Cata said on his own stream the other day he was invited to join the beta but didn't for the reasons he stated (not being able to stream beta games, mounting anticipation for commanders to arrive sooner, things along those lines). VonIvan is in the beta, and played on Relic's stream the other day in a beta match. HelpingHans is also in the beta. I don't see Hans or Ivan (heck Ivan was lvl 2 when he joined the game yesterday) but these players are there, but to my knowledge they don't actively play it. This makes sense I guess, they are streamers that help the game by showcasing it, which they can't do in the beta environment.

I'd encourage you to not try to generalize every single person in the beta for the actions of a handful and know that your ideas as well as some others in this thread are echoed by others.
14 Nov 2013, 05:38 AM

Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.
14 Nov 2013, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 18:15 PMNullist
Look at the beta testers responding.

So far 3 have said "fuck you" and one thinks I will get banned rather than these guys.

What a great crew of resposible, mature and repreesentative people seem to populate the beta.

No wonder we have the results we do now.

Thanks for proving my point completely and publically showing who and what you really are.

Its like GR all over again.

@Relic: Drop the beta immediately and employ professional testers. There are reasonable pro players who will gladly give their input for an actual community rep. Guys like Siberian, Stephenn, Hans and Cata. Even amd especially vonIvan! Hell, theyll do it for free, but you can toss em a DLC Commander for thanks, that they will then showcase in their hours of stream for free advertising. Your beta community is poison. Drop it like a bad batch of eggs.

HAHAHA, the testers do good work. relic changed everything for the better, but many of the changes that makes the beta sort of balanced are missing from this patch of the live version.
i love how you insult about 60-something people without knowing who they are, how active they are at finding bugs, suggesting balance...

14 Nov 2013, 08:53 AM

Well, the damage outpout of these mines are a bit random. Sometimes killing much more than deserved for a 7 ammo mine.

But besides the Dhsk and the mines that commander feels a bit useless.
No arty, not middle game or further units, etc.

I don't think any ost player will have problems playing against it.
14 Nov 2013, 17:47 PM

I have found the Sov defence really strong actually, not lost a game yet out of about 3 games.

Its really easy to take map control while spamming Dhsk, supported by at guns.

The heavy mortar hard counters german mortars, then you can teck to T34s quite fast after that.
14 Nov 2013, 17:57 PM

What is the name of commander that had DSHK and 7 muni mine?) just curious.
14 Nov 2013, 18:11 PM

I have found the Sov defence really strong actually, not lost a game yet out of about 3 games.

Its really easy to take map control while spamming Dhsk, supported by at guns.

The heavy mortar hard counters german mortars, then you can teck to T34s quite fast after that.

So essentially, this is the reverse of the situation 2-3 patches ago before the MG buff? Hilarious.
14 Nov 2013, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 17:57 PMtokarev
What is the name of commander that had DSHK and 7 muni mine?) just curious.

look for the one with the babyface and blue eyes.

the comunity one the one you get with the email.

it has a (comunity) in its name.

Defensive doctrine (comunity)

----------------------------------------------------------------

i tried the mines and i think they are ok. they could use maybe a higher price of 10 to disencourage spamming and encougrage propper enplacement. but as some have said they sometimes dont kill anyone. so if they up the price they should up the efectiveness
14 Nov 2013, 21:49 PM
Patrion 15

I may have been caught by the negative winds, but does anyone else feel like they dont plan on building COH2 to be a lasting success, like vCOH? I kind of get the feeling that they dont care much about the uproar in the community, and just shells out DLCs to earn money while there is still some life left in the game.

I agree, I feel cheated out of my money. The sad thing is, even if we all quit now, the game will likely still be considered a success from a monetary stand point, and will only further perpetuate the P2W cash grab for future publishers.
14 Nov 2013, 22:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

edited because i felt this better and made more sense.

i remember in vcoh if you didn't build minesweepers and you got hit by a mine it was your fault for not getting minesweepers.

i know coh2 is different and not like vcoh in many ways. but not building a minesweeper, what do you expect to happen?

They go thru to much training to waste it on getting blown up by a mine. :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS