Login

russian armor

Soviet community commander for the rushy?

13 Nov 2013, 10:10 AM

Just after a brief test, my question is if the new commander isn't a devil in the hands of very rushy players?

I mean: make no buildings for the first 10 minutes. The commander gives you all you need at 0 and 1 CP: heavy MG, mortar and light AT (anti-vehicle). Top off with cons.

On top of that you get extra cheap mines and free tank traps.

Not being part of beta, I don't know how this plays out when players get used to it, but I can imagine how this could be used heavily to rush forward (like Moscow outskirts), plop HMG in Buildings, put 120mm behind and block paths with tank traps (engie has nothing to do in the base anyway).

Ofc you are a lame duck if your opponent makes it to any of his commander specific super-units, because you have none. But the case may just be that you have been able to hem him in so heavily that he is starved of ressources.

True or false? Did anyone use this commander for rushy tactics?
13 Nov 2013, 21:53 PM

The only purpose this commander has is to make a soviet t1 start strategically feasible IMO.
13 Nov 2013, 22:57 PM

This commander has a very powerful early game with super-HMG, super-mortar, and light AT gun right off the bat.
14 Nov 2013, 00:41 AM

well the MG damage and Arc is great just its setup time seems longer than MG42, but it kills infantry so fast...and also since this commander don't really use MU you can spam all the nades and mines you want. the mine is very cheap and very fast to build just do very little damage so spam it like there is nothing to do and put it protect flanks of your Super MG. as for tank trap i am not sure how it works out atm still new to this commander only played 2 games with it
14 Nov 2013, 02:31 AM

well the MG damage and Arc is great just its setup time seems longer than MG42, but it kills infantry so fast...

nope. it only takes 2 seconds, so its slower than maxim, but faster than mg42
14 Nov 2013, 05:39 AM

Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.
14 Nov 2013, 05:51 AM

Hey look Dave, I can copy and paste too!

@Dave, get over yourself and actually type in a post, or get lost and leave the community if you're still that butthurt. If you've devolved to the point where you can't even type a decent response, then you've reached a point where your limited time in life is better spent doing other things than hanging around a forum for a game you clearly hate.
14 Nov 2013, 06:24 AM

And your copy/paste makes you look like a complete idiot in the context of the abomination that was just unleashed on this game.
14 Nov 2013, 13:13 PM

Thank you for not having your bar brawl in this thread.

I've used this doctrine a few times now, and I have to say that it always ends losing to tanks unless I go T2 anyway.

But my playstyle isn't rushy and for someone with a more offensive style it may be different.

I'd like to see replays of successfull early advances with this doctrine.
14 Nov 2013, 15:56 PM

I've used this doctrine a few times now, and I have to say that it always ends losing to tanks unless I go T2 anyway.

But my playstyle isn't rushy and for someone with a more offensive style it may be different.

ive had good games with it. the strengths they have complement a t1 start. the munitions is supposed to be spent all in mines and you are supposed to mine with your engineers as you cap territories. so you push mine and then soft retreat lurring players into the mines. then you can go for t3 or t4 as prefered. i havent wont with it. because i am still adjusting to some manpower requirements and the low fuel requirement of the commander kind of dizzies me.
14 Nov 2013, 16:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

this doctrine i haven't used it enough but im pretty sure from looking at and playing it a few times isn't really much of a defensive doctrine.
14 Nov 2013, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 16:10 PMWiFiDi

this doctrine i haven't used it enough but im pretty sure from looking at and playing it a few times isn't a defensive doctrine.

it is not. its actually quite agresive. avance a bit. mine wait for the next engagement let the chaos reign then advance some more. mine more, wait for the enemy let the chaos reign then advance more. obviously in the free time engineers make tank traps to enjoy the shit out of making the field a German tanker nightmare.
14 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

I did a dushka rush on pripyat that worked well. If you can retreat their first gren, you'll have 3 of them out and deny so much map. Killing the dushka with grens is very hard to do.
14 Nov 2013, 19:32 PM

But equally disastrous if you lose one to the enemy...

BTW.: this should probably have been posted in the strategy section. Maybe a friendly mod will move it...?
15 Nov 2013, 20:29 PM
Donator 22

I have many problems against this commander... especially in 2vs2 games (Soviet community commander & societ industry)
Lost the last 5 games :/
Any suggestions or tips ?
15 Nov 2013, 23:20 PM

You lost as germans or soviets?

If you lost as germans, consider this: the defensive commander has no support or super units. Zero. It makes a big difference in the mid to end-game. So basically your strategy should be to survive at a decent level untill mid-game.
15 Nov 2013, 23:26 PM
Donator 22

thx mate :) I have lost as german :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment