Login

russian armor

Soviet T1 redesign/rebranding

30 Mar 2020, 22:19 PM

If it come to it, I think penals would be a cool close quarters assault unit, something the soviet basic rooster lacks alltogheter.

M3 has to be reworked into something usefull and not just the flame car that bullies volks. Some members of the balance team have tinkered with the idea of making it drop medical crates.

30 Mar 2020, 22:29 PM

If it come to it, I think penals would be a cool close quarters assault unit, something the soviet basic rooster lacks alltogheter

And they shouldn't, given the fact how many doctrinal CQC options of all flavors exist.
30 Mar 2020, 22:35 PM

If it come to it, I think penals would be a cool close quarters assault unit, something the soviet basic rooster lacks alltogheter.

M3 has to be reworked into something usefull and not just the flame car that bullies volks. Some members of the balance team have tinkered with the idea of making it drop medical crates.

I'd rather have an option that had better vision or better AT. Shocks are already really good, even for their price, and included in a lot of good doctrines.
30 Mar 2020, 22:53 PM

Oh no. Please no more buffs to soviets.
They are in a very good position right now. Very good to be honest.
Penals and Cons are really good to be honest.
30 Mar 2020, 23:08 PM

They kind of are though. They excel from mid range/close range and have great moving DPS and the satchel. My idea is to specialize them as pure assault infantry, with a flamer, satchel, relevant veterancy and appropriate cost so that they're an option as just assault infantry instead of replacement infantry. You could then potentially give them 2-3 ppsh with the package ability.

There are a lot of cool M3A1 ideas, hope the unit gets some mid-late game love in the next patch.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 22:53 PMLeo251

It says redesign, not buff. The idea is to keep the power level the same while making it more fun and flexible to play Soviets.
31 Mar 2020, 04:52 AM

They kind of are though. They excel from mid range/close range and have great moving DPS and the satchel. My idea is to specialize them as pure assault infantry, with a flamer, satchel, relevant veterancy and appropriate cost so that they're an option as just assault infantry instead of replacement infantry. You could then potentially give them 2-3 ppsh with the package ability.

There are a lot of cool M3A1 ideas, hope the unit gets some mid-late game love in the next patch.

It says redesign, not buff. The idea is to keep the power level the same while making it more fun and flexible to play Soviets.

Flamer on Penal is bad for many reasons:

Weapons with concentrated DPS on durable units with lots of entities is creates issues since the DPS drop off is small.

Finally the idea of making T1 optional is seem also redundant. Soviet where designed to be used with 2 building, then they where changed to 3 and now changing to 4 seem to serve little purpose.

Weapons like flamers that that bypass the cover mechanism on units that can become the core of the army is again bad design.

SMG and flamers are not a good combination especially with current formation (flamer front smgs back) because the contribution of smgs is very limited.

Imo there should be changes to both Penal and T1 but not at this direction.
31 Mar 2020, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 22:53 PMLeo251
They are in a very good position right now. Very good to be honest.
Penals and Cons are really good to be honest.

We got it. U r honest.
31 Mar 2020, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2020, 05:17 AMJilet

We got it. U r honest.

To be honest yes
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
unknown 14
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #