Login

russian armor

Worldbuilder just crashes instead of starting up.

2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Nov 2013, 02:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

well Sam is on the case, like usual :)
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Nov 2013, 02:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

well Sam is on the case, like usual :)
14 Nov 2013, 02:36 AM

those were the exact directions posted in the beta forums for us to test the world builder. im guessing this is just a copy paste mistake on the part of noun.
14 Nov 2013, 05:37 AM

Con!,

If you played COH you would know that before the game was "stale", as you understand it, it was almost unplayable because Relic refused for the longest time to do anything about Kangaroos being into your base by 7 minutes and then crushing your troops over and over again. Before that, trenches and gliders crushed all your people. The PE infantry spam and ACs were ridiculous. ToV represents this shift where relic nose dived from legendary to comically insane.

VCoH and CoH+TOV were done by separate teams if I remember correctly. The TOV expansion caused ridiculous problems to the game essentially ruining a perfect rts and running off over 3/4s of the initial community.

Guess who is in charge of this game? The track record simply isn't there. Nothing that they have said or done in this game thus far has been anything to the contrary of a big fucking letdown and this is about to make it even worse.

Mark my words.
14 Nov 2013, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 02:36 AMwooof
those were the exact directions posted in the beta forums for us to test the world builder. im guessing this is just a copy paste mistake on the part of noun.

Yeah, those directions didn't help me at all, incidentally.

I've given up trying to fix it myself. The only thing I have left to do is a complete format and fresh OS install, which isn't something I'm too keen on doing just to get the Worldbuilder to start. (So I can then begin to troubleshoot opening up and then saving a map. :p )
14 Nov 2013, 07:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

yeah, the test build folder was just for the Beta. It's a copy paste mistake by Noun, now that worldbuilder has been released to retail...

I am out of ideas regarding your problems, sorry.
14 Nov 2013, 10:15 AM

Hey guys,

I have the same Problem so far that I click on the WB.exe and it insta-crashes with "CoH2 has stopped working"

I tried so far:

- restarting steam and my pc
- tried different compatibilty modes
- verified game integrity via steam...all no success
- the WB.exe from OnkelSam (but it sadly didn't work too)
- checked the warnings.log but as stated before, there is nothing inside because it crashes before it can write anything
- the game is not inside the "C:\P.F. (x86)" folder, but under "D:\Games\Steam\...", so that shouldn't be a problem
(- the game itself runs fine so far btw...)
- started the dxdiag, but didn't saw anything important there so far
(if a dev wants to see it anyway just pm me)

I'm running the game on my Win7 x64 with up-to-date drivers (the game itself has no problem running so far.

Windows Event Log only gives:
Faulting application name: WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe, version: 0.0.0.11349, time stamp: 0x528136e4
Faulting module name: WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe, version: 0.0.0.11349, time stamp: 0x528136e4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001c4dd9
Faulting process id: 0x1480
Faulting application start time: 0x01cee0003ee8bc43
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\WorldBuilder_CoH_2.exe
Report Id: if needed just message me
14 Nov 2013, 18:39 PM

----- Update -----
my system specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E530
CPU: Intel Core i7 3612 QM ~2,1 GHz (on standard)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Graphics: - Nvidia GF GTX 630M & Intel HD Graphics 4000 (because of CPU)
System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1

I contacted the sega support so far and tried with the supporter some more options of the standard stuff (without success though) which were:

If you ask yourself why I posted it when it doesn't work...well, it may haven't for me, but does for someone else who reads it...

1. looking for even more up-to-date drivers for my 2 graphics adapters
(my GF 630M and the CPU-internal Intel HD 4000 Graphics
=> they were up-to-date what is i knew

2. because of the 2 graphics cards checking if it uses the GF as standard graphics
=> yep, it does

3.(the ugly part) reinstalling the game (folder names for Win7)
3.1 he wanted me to clean several folders of the CoH2 content...

3.2 C:\Users\$YOUR USER$\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2
=>did so

3.3 C:\Users\$YOUR USER$\AppData\Temp\
=> not existing. I guess he meant C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\Temp\
=> but still nothing CoH related to see there

3.4 C:\Users\$YOUR USER$\AppData\Settings\
=> not existing either, also not found anywhere else, so skipped

3.5 C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\
=>existing, but no CoH content there, nor in the (x86) folder.

3.6 going into steam, and use the "delete local content" option

3.7 deleting the leftover CoH folder inside steam
$YOUR PATH$\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\

3.8 rebooting and re-downloading

3.9 => ready to play again now, but still the WB doesn't work.
14 Nov 2013, 19:07 PM

I read this in another forum:

"i noticed with a friend whose worldbuilder IS working on the same windows is that he has that folder named testbuild which i dont....Did perform an integrity cache check thru Steam ,did download a 13.5mb additional data but same problem and still dont have that testbuild folder which should have been here "YOUR PATH\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2"

Can the Problem be related in some way? because i also DON'T have a testbuild folder and it doesn't work. It may be possible that the folder only exists in old / beta downloads and the WB.exe needs some files from there?
15 Nov 2013, 04:07 AM

I ended up installing CoH2 on my laptop (which has no real hope of actually running the game itself) to see if I could get the Worldbuilder going on that.

No go, same thing on the laptop. Instacrash, nothing written to log.

:(
15 Nov 2013, 04:22 AM

So I've checked on both computers and the Worldbuilder folder only contains 10 files, amounting to five kilobytes.

Could it just be as simple as things aren't actually downloading properly for some users?

Is there someone who has a confirmed working Worldbuilder that could identify what files are in their "...\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\Worldbuilder" folder?

(And if it appears there are a bunch of missing files, possibly find a way to upload these files for the good of the interwebs and CoH2?)
15 Nov 2013, 04:52 AM

my worldbuilder folder has 10 files and is the exact same size. mine works now that i got rid of my mods :/
15 Nov 2013, 06:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Might have something to do with what Fayled_Xperiment said. Maybe WB is still searching for some testbuilt folder...
Can anyone confirm that he got WB running, who doesn't have access to the Testbuilt? Even if we're running it from the retail folder it might still have some connection?!
15 Nov 2013, 08:37 AM

sorry, not trying to hijack your thread here, but i figured it might be good to post wb issues in one place. my wb is working after i deleted my mod and i can open the maps ive made/extracted just fine. however, when i try to save it says "the selected file is outside of all known scenario folders". i press OK and it says "encountered an improper argument".

i tried the live wb and the beta wb, both are having the same problem now. i also tried saving in many different locations, none of them worked. anyone know how to fix this?
15 Nov 2013, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 08:37 AMwooof
...my wb is working after i deleted my mod and i can open the maps ive made/extracted just fine. however, when i try to save it says "the selected file is outside of all known scenario folders". i press OK and it says "encountered an improper argument"...

It's nice that it worked out for you this way that it at least starts, but for me and a bunch of others it prolly won't as we don't have any mods installed :/

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 04:52 AMwooof
my worldbuilder folder has 10 files and is the exact same size. mine works now that i got rid of my mods :/

I made 2 screens of my WB (sub)folders. Also only 10 files.

16 Nov 2013, 05:23 AM

A complete format and fresh install of Windows, Worldbuilder launched. I made a map, placed locations, calculated voronoi for territories, and it saved correctly.

A bit of an overkill measure, but I'm glad it's solved in my case. Hopefully a fix will be found that can save people this trouble.
17 Nov 2013, 11:41 AM

A complete format and fresh install of Windows, Worldbuilder launched. I made a map, placed locations, calculated voronoi for territories, and it saved correctly.

A bit of an overkill measure, but I'm glad it's solved in my case. Hopefully a fix will be found that can save people this trouble.

Well I did the same, and it did NOT work up to that point where I had the same settings as before.
BUT I got it to work after installing like 140 Win Updates regarding .Net Framework (all versions). I usually dun update my PC with Win Updates because M$ has / had a problem that they patch 1 issue and bring 2 new ones in with it...

I can now also extract with the Archives.exe which crashed too...
But after that I got it running so far. I check out later if i can save / edit etc.
Maybe you should check your Win 7 too for .Net Framework Updates.
Hopefully it works then without a complete reinstall of WindoZe.

Info: I have my Steam Folder on D:\ not on C:\ where my System is located.
So if you still "want" to do a fresh install, you don't need to reload your whole games and other stuff, because it worked without.
Seems like it was no CoH2-File related problem here, but Windows related.
18 Nov 2013, 00:41 AM

well i got frustrated with not being able to save, so i deleted coh2 and reinstalled. nothing changed, so i did a fresh install of windows as well. now i cant even launch the wb. it acts like its about to start, but no window pops up. glad i checked here, because i see fayled had problems after a fresh install as well. im now installing 129 windows updates. hopefully this finally fixes my problem or im out of ideas.

EDIT: the updates atleast fixed the issue of wb not starting. i still get "the selected file is outside of all known scenario folders" when trying to save though. guess i have to wait for a patch.
18 Nov 2013, 03:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 00:41 AMwooof
well i got frustrated with not being able to save, so i deleted coh2 and reinstalled. nothing changed, so i did a fresh install of windows as well. now i cant even launch the wb. it acts like its about to start, but no window pops up. glad i checked here, because i see fayled had problems after a fresh install as well. im now installing 129 windows updates. hopefully this finally fixes my problem or im out of ideas.

EDIT: the updates atleast fixed the issue of wb not starting. i still get "the selected file is outside of all known scenario folders" when trying to save though. guess i have to wait for a patch.

Maybe relic forgot to change the correct path like they did with the steam version.

Make a folder or folders under the following and try loading it from that folder
"Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\Data\Scenarios\MP"
18 Nov 2013, 03:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 00:41 AMwooof

also you have to meet requirements to save it. (the ones onkelsam mentions in his tutorial video. 1 of each points, a spawn, a hq base, and territory.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★